DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Cash rich - are you buying soon?

Hancock

2 hours ago, BurntBread said:

We have turned into a "bet it all on the one thing you know" nation. There will be some epic screaming if property ever does tank. Also lots of smaller screams as multiple companies fold, and maybe a bank goes down.

Cracking bear food article in the DT. (I know the DT is full of shite)

Think this week maybe the time those SSTC's come back on the market if there is any substance to it.

I'm pinning my hopes on a late 80s/early 90s style crash when Lawson i think it was put a future date for ending MIRAS. It is probable imho and not long to wait to find out.

image.png.261336ad85fabc274317ac71593b762f.pnghttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/uk/property-market-nears-crisis-number-collapsed-sales-soars/

Mail are claiming he will not extend SDLT break; i think he may for FTBer's.

image.png.33904af4b8038c283a871ecd2702e951.png
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9128309/Rishi-Sunak-delay-tax-rises-autumn-end-Stamp-Duty-holiday-March.html

I like these comments -
image.png.bfbfe2961c5bb0810ed261e401cb6a16.pngimage.png.bbccc989dc1e5377562693b6f4a22100.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Democorruptcy
On 06/01/2021 at 21:55, Hunty said:

Currently renting. Quite like it.

£250k in BP. Av 2.59.

When she hits over ~4. I'll consider my options.

Until then the Divs cover the rent, bills and daily bar bill.

All in all. Happy to sit and watch from the sidelines.

I like your style.

Not suggesting you should change anything but as someone holding BP & RDSB, I just wondered why you had gone all in on BP. Do you not like RDSB or was it just the currently better BP dividend?

21 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I like your style.

Certainly takes some balls to do that. When the share price goes where DB topic predicts, will easily be bring in 50k a year or more in dividends.

If only i didnt have a kid i'd be tempted to take a similar gamble.

I invest long but trade in and out through the cycle to manage my AV.

Sold some high tranches at a loss but recouped by buying back in on the dips.

Currently ~ £38k up.

I like to keep my AV around the 200 day Moving AV.

My AV is 2.59. At a guess I think the 200 day is 2.65?

BP was stubborn on the way down, more so than Shell. Same on the way up. Just feel BP offers better growth potential moving forward.

I expect more bumps, so intend to increase my holdings if she nears or drops below my AV.

GL.

1 hour ago, Hancock said:

Cracking bear food article in the DT. (I know the DT is full of shite)

Think this week maybe the time those SSTC's come back on the market if there is any substance to it.

I'm pinning my hopes on a late 80s/early 90s style crash when Lawson i think it was put a future date for ending MIRAS. It is probable imho and not long to wait to find out.

image.png.bfbfe2961c5bb0810ed261e401cb6a16.pngimage.png.261336ad85fabc274317ac71593b762f.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/uk/property-market-nears-crisis-number-collapsed-sales-soars/

Mail are claiming he will not extend SDLT break; i think he may for FTBer's.

image.png.33904af4b8038c283a871ecd2702e951.pngimage.png.bbccc989dc1e5377562693b6f4a22100.png

I will be honestly shocked if it isnt extended.

11 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

I will be honestly shocked if it isnt extended.

It wont be for BTL and 2nd homeowners.

1st time buyers already had an exemption up to 250k didnt they? too lazy to check.

9 minutes ago, Hancock said:

It wont be for BTL and 2nd homeowners.

1st time buyers already had an exemption up to 250k didnt they? too lazy to check.

Yes FTBs already had an exception which pissed me off no end when I was looking last year, at least with the holiday I was on level footing with them. Good news IMO is the extend it only for OOs - widening the tax gap between OOs and BTL/2nd homers can only be a good thing.

6 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

- widening the tax gap between OOs and BTL/2nd homers can only be a good thing.

Most landlords still get MIRAS, that needs to end instantly for things to be level.

9 hours ago, spunko said:

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like house prices in real terms rarely go down. 

The most depressing chart in a while:

ELqteRDXkAIFZJD.png

And in all cases the price increases will corollate to the amount people can borrow.

9 hours ago, spunko said:

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like house prices in real terms rarely go down. 

The most depressing chart in a while:

ELqteRDXkAIFZJD.png

Depends what specific time period of the 80s/90s, my parents house was advertised at £130k in the late 80s and sold for £65k in the early 90s.

Hence the curiosity of seeking out the thought process of other cash rich buyers who are hoping for a imminent crash (with good reason), but having to face the reality it may not happen.

00s would have seen epic real term drops from 07-onwards if the govt hadn't ended the mirage that we had capitalism; though even if prices halved between 07/09 they'd have still been far higher in real terms in 2010 compared to 2000.

In my view from here onwards we'll see property prices levelling off to match wages as they used to; i've been wrong for so long sooner or later the broken clock fallacy will prove me right.

Archived