DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Countries we can visit with no quarantine for Brits

Hancock

Countries Brits can visit with no quarantine.

I believe Mexico and Dubai are on this list. (correct me if im wrong_

Any more suggestions.

Needs to be with a maximum of 1 week quarantine.

Austin Allegro
16 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Countries Brits can visit with no quarantine.

I believe Mexico and Dubai are on this list. (correct me if im wrong_

Any more suggestions.

Needs to be with a maximum of 1 week quarantine.

Greece was ok I think but IIRC it has now entered into some insane lockdown where you need to phone the police for permission to leave the house, so I'm not sure if it's the best place for a break.

• Agree 1
Harley

None, as no international leisure travel unless you're smiled upon by the Sect for Transport?

Edited by Harley
Andersen

Ask and ye shall receive :Beer:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#countries-territories-and-regions-on-the-travel-corridor-list

Beware these are places you don't need to quarantine when you return to the UK, you might still have to quarantine (or show a clean "no CV19" certificate from the vet) when you land at your holiday paradise. Lots of places I've never heard of - where the hell is Vanuatu o.O Send us a postcard !

Edited by Andersen
typo
Harley
1 minute ago, Andersen said:

Lots of places I've never heard of - where the hell is Vanuatu o.O Send us a postcard !

A bit late to ask me now!

Hancock
50 minutes ago, Andersen said:

Ask and ye shall receive :Beer:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#countries-territories-and-regions-on-the-travel-corridor-list

Beware these are places you don't need to quarantine when you return to the UK, you might still have to quarantine (or show a clean "no CV19" certificate from the vet) when you land at your holiday paradise. Lots of places I've never heard of - where the hell is Vanuatu o.O Send us a postcard !

Yes my goal is to get to where ever and see the sun, this minimal quarantine, would do a week as it usually takes that long to get over jet lag if it long haul.

Hancock
53 minutes ago, Andersen said:

where the hell is Vanuatu o.O Send us a postcard !

Looks like paradise, i turned down 4 months work just down the road from there in French Polynesia, would be starting around about now.

Harley
5 hours ago, Hancock said:

Looks like paradise, i turned down 4 months work just down the road from there in French Polynesia, would be starting around about now.

All places to visit before passing, plus the Cooks, Tonga, Fiji, etc.  Vanuatu reveres Prince Phillip as a god!  Lots of war memorabilia, especially sunken wrecks if you are an adventurous skilled deco diver.  I hear they now have an island deco chamber rather than 11 hours away in NZ!  Polynesia is fun with some adventurous atol diving too but French colonial and endless sashimi in the sticks.  Things other than Covid to watch out for in some of these places, especially if you have to go off piste.

Edited by Harley
  • Informative 4
Yadda yadda yadda
9 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Tonga and Gibraltar are the only 2 countries left with "low" restrictions. No quarantine in or out.

Interactive map:

https://www.skyscanner.net/travel-restrictions/

Nice map. I see there are no restrictions for Brazil except for a negative PCR test before departure. However, flights are suspended so that is a no.

I'd be more wary about a lot of places with few other tourists about.

• Agree 1
Yadda yadda yadda

Looking at Heathrow departures there are a lot of flights going to the USA and Europe, a few to Africa and the Middle East plus a few other places like Japan. Nothing to China despite regular flights to and from China throughout the Spring. Nothing to South America.

Bit of a piss take that Americans can fly between the USA and the UK but Britons cannot.

sarahbell
13 minutes ago, spunko said:

Going by the Z listers in the Daily Mail, Barbados is okay.

Bermuda too.?

Hancock
14 hours ago, Harley said:

All places to visit before passing, plus the Cooks, Tonga, Fiji, etc.  Vanuatu reveres Prince Phillip as a god!  Lots of war memorabilia, especially sunken wrecks if you are an adventurous skilled deco diver.  I hear they now have an island deco chamber rather than 11 hours away in NZ!  Polynesia is fun with some adventurous atol diving too but French colonial and endless sashimi in the sticks.  Things other than Covid to watch out for in some of these places, especially if you have to go off piste.

I went to the Cook Islands in 2001.

On the flight from Auckland i was sat next to a sassy Irish nurse and air New Zealand ploughed us full of Champagne, we had a right laugh, and she invited me to stay in the luxury villa her wealthy brother had booked for her. (an upgrade from my crappy backpackers).  then.......

Upon getting past arrivals some lying scruff bag who was sat a few seats in front claimed he had no where to sleep so my future ride for the week said he can stay at her villa the night ... (you need to have booked a room prior to arriving so he was lying and blatantly cock blocking)

The when we arrived at the villa the security guard instantly turfed me and him out as we werent registered to stay there, and we ended up sleeping on the beach. Then the following day i got food poisoning to the point i would have quite happily died. I just lay lying in my sick waiting for the end.

At which point i just needed to get to civilisation. So i cancelled my flight back to Fiji where i was due to stay for a while, and then onto Hawaii a place i'd always wanted to go to.

Instead of Fiji and Hawaii i flew to LA instead, almost got ran over walking out the airport and it was f'en freezing.

Anyway i've told them i can do a month in Polynesia if the other person can't get out or has to come back within the 4 months, so there is a chance.

• Agree 1
Melchett

Countries who can visit us without quarantine?

All of them. 

Weary sigh.

• Agree 1
Sucralose Ray Leonard
8 minutes ago, Hancock said:

On the flight from Auckland i was sat next to a sassy Irish nurse and air New Zealand ploughed us full of Champagne, we had a right laugh, and she invited me to stay in the luxury villa her wealthy brother had booked for her. (an upgrade from my crappy backpackers).  then.......

Upon getting past arrivals some lying scruff bag who was sat a few seats in front claimed he had no where to sleep so my future ride for the week said he can stay at her villa the night ... (you need to have booked a room prior to arriving so he was lying and blatantly cock blocking)

The when we arrived at the villa the security guard instantly turfed me and him out as we werent registered to stay there, and we ended up sleeping on the beach. Then the following day i got food poisoning to the point i would have quite happily died. I just lay lying in my sick waiting for the end.

At which point i just needed to get to civilisation. So i cancelled my flight back to Fiji where i was due to stay for a while, and then onto Hawaii a place i'd always wanted to go to.

Instead of Fiji and Hawaii i flew to LA instead, almost got ran over walking out the airport and it was f'en freezing.

Anyway i've told them i can do a month in Polynesia if the other person can't get out or has to come back within the 4 months, so there is a chance.

I flew all around the world and all i got is this lousy puke covered T-Shirt.

• Lol 1
stop_the_craziness
3 hours ago, Hancock said:

And this is why it is sad that today's young people may never get to have such rich experiences ;)  Shit times make great memories and create a human's history.  My nephews loved all my inter railing epic fail stories and I truly hope they will get to make the same stupid mistakes themselves one day.

• Agree 5
MrPin
9 hours ago, Melchett said:

Countries who can visit us without quarantine?

All of them. 

Weary sigh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55551310

Coronavirus: Arrivals in UK could soon need negative test

It's completely logical, as foreigners spread disease, and we don't want it to get here.:Old:Fortunately other countries are just as logical.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1