DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus January 2021 onwards (Part 5)

spunko

geordie_lurch

Cheers @spunko

9 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Can't wait to hear Mike Graham at 10am.

The bugger is I had just this weekend got the in-laws to watch talk radio to cheer them up.

I don't normally listen but will be today just to try and support then against such crap.

Edited by geordie_lurch

the gardener

I've just had a child who was a confirmed positive Covid sufferer about a week or so ago., enter our house. This child's mother also had it and was apparently floored by it (seems to have recovered). This child will be with another child and my wife all day long. I'll mostly be in different parts of the house and won't be in close physical contact nor be handling anything they are touching etc. 

I'll let you know if we die. 

Edited by the gardener
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 4
  • Lol 1

13 minutes ago, the gardener said:

I've just had a child who was a confirmed positive Covid sufferer about a week or so ago., enter our house. This child's mother also had it and was apparently floored by it (seems to have recovered). This child will be with another child and my wife all day long. I'll mostly be in different parts of the house and won't be in close physical contact nor be handling anything they are touching etc. 

In seriousness, I'd suggest that:

• It is good to get exposure to the virus because you might get some immunity that'll mean you're less likely to infect others.
  • Take a pile of vitamin D now (maybe 10,000 IU or so -- that would be 20 'standard' tablets (400IU / 12.5 micrograms).  While it definitely wouldn't do any harm to take them in one go*, I'd accept that you might find 3 standard tablets a day for 7 days easier to cope with)
  • Don't see / interact-with anyone older than 70 for 10 days (or anyone you know that interacts with older people, like someone who cares for a 70+ year old or that is otherwise vulnerable).

[Ie, you'll be fine; you might as well try to get lower symptoms if you do catch it; worry about the vulnerable groups that might catch it from you]

[* I take the equivalent of 10 standard tablets every day.  @The Masked Tuliptakes the equivalent of 20 standard tablets every day (I think).  Professional endocrinologists recommend taking at least (the equivalent of) 3 standard tablets every day in winter.]

Edited by dgul
Never apologise, never explain.
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 3

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 minutes ago, the gardener said:

We had adults over to dinner before Christmas who had recovered from Covid a week before, never gave it a thought, and it was legal because Swiss docs don't think it's infectious during recovery, the isolation period was over. It bounces off 99.9% of kids, so that's even more unlikely to be an issue.

• Agree 2

unregistered_guest
2 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Finally!

The last part of this pentalogy.

Or, as Hollywood would say, the second sequel to the trilogy.

Personally, I preferred the prequel

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

We had adults over to dinner before Christmas who had recovered from Covid a week before, never gave it a thought, and it was legal because Swiss docs don't think it's infectious during recovery, the isolation period was over. It bounces off 99.9% of kids, so that's even more unlikely to be an issue.

There's loads of evidence now that says it's only infectious during the symptom period.

This is the same as other coronaviruses.

I've no idea why we're still beating ourselves up over a-, pre-, and post-symptomatic risk (it was sensible in March as we just didn't have the data).

• Agree 2
  • Informative 2

ElKapitan84

They're really going to push a big vax cult by spring.  It'll be like a body MOT, you need it or you won't be allowed to take it away from the house.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ElKapitan84 said:

They're really going to push a big vax cult by spring.  It'll be like a body MOT, you need it or you won't be allowed to take it away from the house.  

What happens when the vaccinated discover that their status doesn't confer any additional "rights"?

• Agree 1

the gardener
44 minutes ago, dgul said:

In seriousness, I'd suggest that:

• It is good to get exposure to the virus because you might get some immunity that'll mean you're less likely to infect others.
  • Take a pile of vitamin D now (maybe 10,000 IU or so -- that would be 20 'standard' tablets (400IU / 12.5 micrograms).  While it definitely wouldn't do any harm to take them in one go*, I'd accept that you might find 3 standard tablets a day for 7 days easier to cope with)
  • Don't see / interact-with anyone older than 70 for 10 days (or anyone you know that interacts with older people, like someone who cares for a 70+ year old or that is otherwise vulnerable).

[Ie, you'll be fine; you might as well try to get lower symptoms if you do catch it; worry about the vulnerable groups that might catch it from you]

[* I take the equivalent of 10 standard tablets every day.  @The Masked Tuliptakes the equivalent of 20 standard tablets every day (I think).  Professional endocrinologists recommend taking at least (the equivalent of) 3 standard tablets every day in winter.]

I take 2000-3000 IU D3 per day. Also take black elderberry and zinc with vitamin C. Often take some curcumin too.

Most importantly I drink lots of gin and tonic. 😁

• Cheers 1

Just now, the gardener said:

I take 2000-3000 IU D3 per day. Also take black elderberry and zinc with vitamin C. Often take some curcumin too.

Most importantly I drink lots of gin and tonic. 😁

Excellent.  Just avoid seeing 70+ year old's.

Hopefully the G&T will protect you from malaria as well...

• Agree 1

Caravan Monster
18 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

@One percentpercent has always had him down as controlled opposition. The comments to his tweet are worth a click through.

Ta for link to live stream.

How much did Gates & co pay him to say that? It should haunt him for the rest of his career. Put Blair in charge and "get a larger portion of the population 'dealt with' more quickly" :ph34r: Exactly the same as Trump, presents himself as pro freedom but pushes for government program of unnecessary mass vaccination. I had hoped they saw making a token effort at vaccinating a few people who had persuaded themselves they really wanted a vaccine as a sort of public opinion changer to allay the hysteria that everyone is going to die, before rolling back the mess that lockdowns have created. Now they seem to want to sell as many vaccinations as possible.

• Agree 2

Heart's Ease
Just now, Caravan Monster said:

How much did Gates & co pay him to say that? It should haunt him for the rest of his career. Put Blair in charge and "get a larger portion of the population 'dealt with' more quickly" :ph34r: Exactly the same as Trump, presents himself as pro freedom but pushes for government program of unnecessary mass vaccination. I had hoped they saw making a token effort at vaccinating a few people who had persuaded themselves they really wanted a vaccine as a sort of public opinion changer to allay the hysteria that everyone is going to die, before rolling back the mess that lockdowns have created. Now they seem to want to sell as many vaccinations as possible.

What do they have on him to get him to say that?

• Agree 4

choochoo
48 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

I kind of want to agree with this, but they've said under 16's won't be vaccinated and Under 50's haven't appeared on any priority list for receiving it in the next 6 months.

So what's the plan for that, no one under 50 can go on holiday or the cinema? Lots of things should have caused outrage so far, but surely watching Granny go on holiday whilst we're stuck at home would be too much?

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, choochoo said:

I kind of want to agree with this, but they've said under 16's won't be vaccinated and Under 50's haven't appeared on any priority list for receiving it in the next 6 months.

So what's the plan for that, no one under 50 can go on holiday or the cinema? Lots of things should have caused outrage so far, but surely watching Granny go on holiday whilst we're stuck at home would be too much?

No,  because despite having the various vaccines knocking about,  you'll still have to wear a mask and socially distance  ... why?  Well the vaccine can't guarantee you'll be disease free so just fucking act like you have covid you peasants!

• Agree 2