DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus January 2021 onwards (Part 5)

1 hour ago, the gardener said:

I know. I've told them that I can't believe I've raised them to be so fucking stupid. I've said to them to look at the evidence you see with your own eyes not what some cunt on the telly says. Fucking hell. Morons! 

I hear you. 

My boy is only 5 and I already have to tell him that he's in no danger at all and that both his parents are cleverer than all of his teachers stuck together. 

He's five and has an isolated desk and social distancing to look forward to. What kind of dystopian mess is that?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In real epidemic you don't have to imprison people and police them at all times, because bodies are piling on the street and everyone is staying home, shit scared of the clear and present danger to th

Like many on this forum I saw Covid coming back in Jan/Feb. By early March I had my groceries cupboard stocked with 3 months of food, freezer full, medicines and vitamins in, extra asthma inhalers pur

[tl;dr new data on jabs.  I've not changed my mind, but they're very much trying to make everyone hate me for it] The BBC (=TPTB) are very much pushing an agenda of Oxford jab is wonderful and ma

Posted Images

Interesting paper: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.18.423358v1.full

An infectivity-enhancing site on the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein is targeted by COVID-19 patient antibodies

Abstract:  SARS-CoV-2 infection causes severe symptoms in a subset of patients, suggesting the presence of certain unknown risk factors. Although antibodies against the receptor-binding domain (RBD) of the SARS-CoV-2 spike have been shown prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection, the effects of antibodies against other spike protein domains are largely unknown. Here, we screened a series of anti-spike monoclonal antibodies from COVID-19 patients, and found that some of antibodies against the N-terminal domain (NTD) dramatically enhanced the binding capacity of the spike protein to ACE2, and thus increased SARS-CoV2 infectivity. Surprisingly, mutational analysis revealed that all the infectivity-enhancing antibodies recognized a specific site on the surface of the NTD. The antibodies against this infectivity-enhancing site were detected in all samples of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the study. However, the ratio of infectivity-enhancing antibodies to neutralizing antibodies differed among patients. Furthermore, the antibodies against the infectivity-enhancing site were detected in 3 out of 48 uninfected donors, albeit at low levels. These findings suggest that the production of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 infectivity-enhancing site could be considered as a possible exacerbating factors for COVID-19 and that a spike protein lacking such antibody epitopes may be required for safe vaccine development, especially for individuals with pre-existing enhancing antibodies.

Ie, this is a mechanism for ADE in covid19, which might explain why some people get very ill.   Some antibodies generated against the virus actually enhance the disease.   It is notable that some (few - 3 out of 48) people have existing 'bad' antibodies even without prior exposure to covid19.  I guess this might be a reason for some people to get very ill with covid, or it might be that they generate the 'bad' antibodies in the early days of the infection (no way to know for sure).

It suggests that care should be taken to 'do something about' the 'troublesome' region of the spike protein (the NTD) when trying to create vaccines.

All the current vaccines (AZ, Pfizer, Moderna, J&J) use the full spike sequence, thus include the 'raw' NTD of the spike protein and might generate 'bad' antibodies that might lead to ADE.

It is also suggested that care is taken before vaccinating people who have already had covid, because that might 'encourage' production of bad antibodies that might lead to ADE.

No-one is actively measuring the antibody types generated by the vaccines.  No-one is being careful about the vaccination of those who have already had covid19.  No-one is worried about the potential for ADE in the infected and/or the vaccinated.

[I'd note that this isn't proof of ADE, just a potential mechanism for ADE that has been seen in the petri-dish.  But it is a reasonable warning that the vaccines aren't inherently safe just because the s-protein doesn't generate ADE (which is being pushed over and over again, even though there's reasonable evidence that the s-protein can generate ADE)]

It's all being justified unfer Covid.  From Rishi's 5pm press briefing.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-updates-rishi-sunak-holds-19957642

Mr Sunak goes on to explain his three-point economic plan.

1. Economic support in place until “way past the point” we exit lockdown, he says.

He adds that this year and next, the government is spending £407bn to support people and businesses.

£407bn

:o

It's still not to late to properly compensate those pensioners who under NuLabour had their pension funds stolen and defrauded and that with the connivance of the official pension regulators - and then when the tories got in in 2010 they followed the same dodgy policies of pension theft, fraud and regulatory connivance.

From memory the amount required to compensate for the thefts and regulatory connivance around 2008 or so was about £1bn - but NuLabour (Blair and Brown) and then after 2010 the tories (and LibDems in coalition) said they coudn't afford it 9_9

Edited by twocents
23 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

I hear you. 

My boy is only 5 and I already have to tell him that he's in no danger at all and that both his parents are cleverer than all of his teachers stuck together. 

He's five and has an isolated desk and social distancing to look forward to. What kind of dystopian mess is that?

Tell him if teachers were clever they wouldn't still be at school.