DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus January 2021 onwards (Part 5)

spunko

Malthus
58 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

xD Are they still testing over a million school kids everyday? The positive tests are so low they must below the false positive rate by now.

It’s comical until you think of the cost 

50/60/70 million a day ??😡😡

Gain in a low covid environment zero 

Unless you are a test provider 

• Agree 9

Long time lurking
1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Are they advertising, or are they bribing the media to follow the party line?

They are public information adverts how to spot the symptoms of certain disease and none are CV  

• Agree 2

OurDayWillCome
1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

But if it has gone from deadly to weak as fuck - can you explain what was the selection pressure that drove it?

It was never deadly, that was just the likes of Shitty making yet another unfounded claim - a claim that instantly made me think, ‘bullshit’. And now they have rowed back from that claim - I doubt they will ever announce its true level of weakness. It was obvious how much more contagious the variant was ...and weak as fuck too ...they go hand-in-hand.

I now officially rename it the, ‘weak as fuck’ variant, I have been careful by waiting three months to make that declaration. Shitty and his chums should show the same level of caution, instead of spouting off about shit they seem to know nothing about.

Edited by OurDayWillCome
  • Agree 2

The Generation Game

Czech state of emergency apparently won't extend beyond next Sunday. 

Whilst this sounds good, I have no idea what it actually means, other than an end to curfews and an end to restricted travel. 

• Informative 4

Long time lurking
6 hours ago, eight said:

So if the Kent variant accounts for the sharp rise, what accounts for the sharp fall?

I want to know why we have less of the Kent variant than virtually all of the  EU i was told Brexit would dramatically reduce our exports 

Edited by Long time lurking
  • Lol 4

Long time lurking
Just now, The Generation Game said:

Whilst this sounds good, I have no idea what it actually means, other than an end to curfews and an end to restricted travel. 

Another country with extremely reliable crystal balls /tea leaf readers 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Long time lurking
15 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I now officially rename it the, ‘weak as fuck’ variant, I have been careful by waiting three months to make that declaration. Shitty and his chums should show the same level of caution, instead of spouting off about shit they seem to know nothing about.

Follow the science 

image.jpeg.10fcf93a4b72db8703e80a91f02a930a.jpeg

4 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

What's the vax uptake been like over there?

OurDayWillCome
Just now, Long time lurking said:

Follow the science 

image.jpeg.10fcf93a4b72db8703e80a91f02a930a.jpeg

I’m going to start importing Crystal Balls.

The Generation Game
2 minutes ago, Loki said:

What's the vax uptake been like over there?

I think we're somewhere between 10 & 15%. We don't have much stock. The number of daily vaccinated has been falling for over a week. 

Edit to add: our graph of "cases" shows we're bottoming out of our third wave. 

Edited by The Generation Game
  • Informative 1

Long time lurking

Well worth the time to read it it`s short but concise 

As always ,,,,,,money

Bus Stop Boxer
21 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

As always ,,,,,,money

My stomach churns when i see a picture of this fucking bastard.

• Agree 4

ashestoashes
5 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

As always ,,,,,,money

interesting comment

cantbetrue
 15 hours ago

One of the reasons that laboratories shy away from providing more than the results verbatim is that they would then be making clinical interpretations of the data, and that usually carries more liability than purely providing the results and requires them to then hire clinicians.

These systems were designed to provide the results to a central medical entity who would then decide the appropriate course of action to take. It doesn’t seem that this has happened across the board.

There is a legally enshrined indemnity against the clinical interpretation of test results (and I suspect the reason why lab results are being treated as clinical results) which is found in section 11 of the Coronavirus Act.

(1)
The appropriate authority may—
(a)
indemnify a person in respect of a qualifying liability incurred by the person, or
(b)
make arrangements for a person to be indemnified, in respect of a qualifying liability incurred by the person, by an authorised person.
(2)
References in this section to a qualifying liability are to a liability in tort, in respect of or consequent on death, personal injury or loss, arising out of or in connection with a breach of a duty of care owed in connection with the provision, after the coming into force of this section, of a relevant service.
(3)
“Relevant service” means a service which is provided by a person as part of the health service and which—
(iii)
diagnosing or determining whether a person has been infected or contaminated,

So unless judicial review can be brought against the act itself. There isn’t going to be too much of a legal basis for challenging veracity of the results.

It may be possible to challenge this on a professional standards basis. People in supervisory positions in the laboratories are required to be HCPC registered.

All round, it’s a fairly rotten piece of legislation that hasn’t been given enough time in parliament to actually debate all the provisions.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

Dogtania

Re variants and associated BS.... How much do we know about these variants.  On one side you have this yeadon chap who says the difference between variants is so small that if your body fights off one the chances of coming across another mutation and your body not being able to recognise is next to nothing.

I don't know, certainly not putting yeadons words as gospel but we haven't really heard about different variants infecting the same person. 

The whole vatient issue is actually pretty strange to me full stop.  

So we have a "South African" distinct variant in a massive country with a large population.  Then on the other hand we have the humble "Kent vatient" coming from a tiny parcel of land (compared to SA).  

WTF really?  Sorry just doesn't add up in first instance... Why not a general UK variety or on the other hand a Soweto/ Johannesburg variety.  

The only stuff I hear about these damn varients is through the idiots in gov, the WHO, and the idiot mouthpieces ie MSM.  Of course these all have been shown to be great sources of transparent and honest information.

Meanwhile SA seems to be a country that is off limits for me to visit.  No doubt with a private jet and bags of loot I would get in fine.  

Happy to be corrected but this vatient (nonsense?) seems more like noise and distraction, as well as of course disuading global travel and laying more groundwork for the vaccine passport to be pushed through.

• Agree 1

Hopeful
22 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Re variants and associated BS.... How much do we know about these variants.  On one side you have this yeadon chap who says the difference between variants is so small that if your body fights off one the chances of coming across another mutation and your body not being able to recognise is next to nothing.

I don't know, certainly not putting yeadons words as gospel but we haven't really heard about different variants infecting the same person. 

The whole vatient issue is actually pretty strange to me full stop.  

So we have a "South African" distinct variant in a massive country with a large population.  Then on the other hand we have the humble "Kent vatient" coming from a tiny parcel of land (compared to SA).  

WTF really?  Sorry just doesn't add up in first instance... Why not a general UK variety or on the other hand a Soweto/ Johannesburg variety.  

The only stuff I hear about these damn varients is through the idiots in gov, the WHO, and the idiot mouthpieces ie MSM.  Of course these all have been shown to be great sources of transparent and honest information.

Meanwhile SA seems to be a country that is off limits for me to visit.  No doubt with a private jet and bags of loot I would get in fine.  

Happy to be corrected but this vatient (nonsense?) seems more like noise and distraction, as well as of course disuading global travel and laying more groundwork for the vaccine passport to be pushed through.

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global

Hopeful
25 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Homepage https://nextstrain.org/sars-cov-2/

Screen shots form the global page as of 5th April 

On the site, the figures are interactive

I selected Entropy and Amino Acids

51792259_ScreenShot2021-04-05at07_50_35.thumb.png.66fbd3f0bdf0729dae3f0088a86280b1.png

You can interrogate the phylogeny

980474737_ScreenShot2021-04-05at07_48_59.thumb.png.f8d7a88a64bd8df049d6734d26d94fbc.png

And study the global distribution of variants

1373968338_ScreenShot2021-04-05at07_50_50.thumb.png.236641efaeefc31825860725889d0968.png

And changing frequencies of the different strains as they decline and rise

1160590823_ScreenShot2021-04-05at07_51_09.thumb.png.c6f285c5497ca5fe17a1cf11f447cc7c.png

Edited by Hopeful
  • Informative 6
  • Cheers 1

Caravan Monster
12 hours ago, Malthus said:

It’s comical until you think of the cost 

50/60/70 million a day ??😡😡

Gain in a low covid environment zero 

Unless you are a test provider 

From Guardian via LS

20210405_055309-1617601157.4889-269x300.jpg

Are schools mostly on lateral flow tests, like when they had the Army administering in Liverpool last year, or is it PCR being sent to labs? Would be interesting to know how much and to whom the taxpayer is paying for this service.

ETA according to the so called bbc article on the other thread, it looks like testing in school is lateral flow. Also according to the bbc, the government claims the suspiciously round number of 1 in a thousand false positives for the current testing regime. For 1.2M tests, the false positives would total 1200. Don't know if they are subtracting that upfront, but it's a significant proportion of the total positives.

Edited by Caravan Monster
  • Informative 1

Dogtania
34 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Was actually going to mention that site/ resource.  Doesn't tell me a lot except there are almost limitless strains/ deviations.  Growing daily.

Am I reading into this wrong by thinking the above further corroborates my feeling that the district varients... Brazil, Kent , SA are largely noise and the fanfare they get just serves to sell newspapers at best, and at worst further some kind of agenda where we are all boxed in and isolated globally (for the plebs obv only)?

Disingenuous or dishonest?

• Agree 4

Hopeful
14 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Was actually going to mention that site/ resource.  Doesn't tell me a lot except there are almost limitless strains/ deviations.  Growing daily.

Am I reading into this wrong by thinking the above further corroborates my feeling that the district varients... Brazil, Kent , SA are largely noise and the fanfare they get just serves to sell newspapers at best, and at worst further some kind of agenda where we are all boxed in and isolated globally (for the plebs obv only)?

Disingenuous or dishonest?

Focus upon amino acid substitutions or non synonymous nucleotide rather than synonymous nucleotide substitutions.

• Informative 1

maynardgravy
37 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Focus upon amino acid substitutions or non synonymous nucleotide rather than synonymous nucleotide substitutions.

im horny jack nicholson GIF

• Lol 9

Hopeful
6 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

im horny jack nicholson GIF

Came back to these threads thinking I could make a contribution, obviously not

• Lol 3