DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Pandemic coming? - Coronavirus January 2021 onwards (Part 5)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In real epidemic you don't have to imprison people and police them at all times, because bodies are piling on the street and everyone is staying home, shit scared of the clear and present danger to th

[tl;dr new data on jabs.  I've not changed my mind, but they're very much trying to make everyone hate me for it] The BBC (=TPTB) are very much pushing an agenda of Oxford jab is wonderful and ma

My young lad has been playing outside all day with a mate and another kid up the street. Lovely to see and hear them having fun.  This country should be ashamed of trying to lock it's kids up

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, HaX said:

I didn't catch it, though I felt run down at the time she was diagnosed and thought that I might be developing it. We didn't distance from each other, just lived as we would do normally, except for the 10 days of house arrest.

You have probably more or less asymptomatically had it and are now immune.

6 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think a lot of the problem stems from the fact that most people seem to think flu is a bad cold with aches and pains.

Real influenza, as anyone who has had it will know, is a nasty debilitating disease which can knock you flat for a month - if you have breathing difficulties anyway (fat, smoker, lung disease etc) it could be very serious or fatal.

When people complain about the debilitating effects of COVID I tend to compare it to my first run in with the flu, 8 years ago. I was in bed for a week, barely ate for 5 days, felt like death. Once it was done I fully understood why it's so dangerous to the elderly. The stats seem to indicate that if you're under 40, COVID is less dangerous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55544205

YouTube has removed TalkRadio's channel from its platform.

The Google-owned service has not given an explanation for its action, but there is speculation that it relates to its rules on Covid-19-related misinformation.

Fact-checkers have repeatedly challenged some of the claims made by interviewees featured by the London-based radio station.

TalkRadio said it was seeking an explanation and defended its output.

"We urgently await a detailed response from Google/YouTube about the nature of the breach that has led to our channel being removed from its platform," it said in a statement posted to Twitter.

"TalkRadio is an Ofcom-licensed and regulated broadcaster, and has robust editorial controls in place, taking care to balance debate.

"We regularly interrogate government data and we have controls in place, use verifiable sources and give space to careful selection of voices and opinions."

1 hour ago, Curious Pattern said:

When people complain about the debilitating effects of COVID I tend to compare it to my first run in with the flu, 8 years ago. I was in bed for a week, barely ate for 5 days, felt like death. Once it was done I fully understood why it's so dangerous to the elderly. The stats seem to indicate that if you're under 40, COVID is less dangerous.

I've had it twice in my life (flu, I mean).

First was in my early twenties - I was in bed for two weeks and survived, just about, on bread and butter. I slept for about 16 out of 24 hours. Second, in my late forties, was even worse - two weeks in bed then two weeks on the sofa, no appetite, no ability to take in films or books - just stared at the wall when I wasn't asleep. Then had a mini-relapse (long flu?) a couple of weeks later. Bloody horrible.

5 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

First was in my early twenties - I was in bed for two weeks and survived, just about, on bread and butter. I slept for about 16 out of 24 hours. Second, in my late forties, was even worse - two weeks in bed then two weeks on the sofa, no appetite, no ability to take in films or books - just stared at the wall when I wasn't asleep. Then had a mini-relapse (long flu?) a couple of weeks later. Bloody horrible.

Totally agree.  I've had seasonal sniffles quite often - although in the last 3 or so years I've been taking daily amounts of powdered vit C in water (fizzy water helps, dissolves easier) and I've not had a winter cold or anything.

In my 20s , must have been 1992/3 , as was at university, I caught teh most horrific flu around Chrimbo.  Like you I was wiped out, slept most of the time, shivery, sweating in bed, fuck all appetite, for about 5 days - and was then OK afterwards, still felt a bit shitty for a week but was fine.

24 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

1 hour ago, Curious Pattern said:

Ive had the swine flu during the last "pandemic". Its was terrible. I was comatose for a 5 days. I couldnt even get to the doctor. Then went to the docs (without a mask), advised the symptoms "youve had swine flu, youre over it now (ie out of bed), bye, close the door on your way out".  Im sure that for those at risk from covid its equally as bad as flu, in that it kills you.

Perhaps, it would of been easier if the covid equally affected all age groups. The problem is that is affects the infirm or the elderly (ie a small subset of the population), which doesnt really warrant closing down the country for those unaffected. The lack of pictures from the media doesnt help, there really havent been any at all this wave, no survivors or bed ridden, pictures of wards. If they want to win hearts and minds youd think they want to inform those who are expected to close down their life. Instead they are dividing society again, just like brexit did, its as though there must be an agenda somewhere.

17 minutes ago, ccc said:

3 - It now notes anaphylaxis as a potential adverse side effect. Most interestingly it does not state on this version those with such reactions SHOULD NOT get it. It did on the version they updated on 16th December after the two nurses had this reaction. So that's two changes regarding anaphylaxis in less than a month. 

There's been a weird story doing the rounds today about Samantha Morton getting hospitalised with anaphylaxis and getting stuck on a covid ward.

14 minutes ago, eight said:

There's been a weird story doing the rounds today about Samantha Morton getting hospitalised with anaphylaxis and getting stuck on a covid ward.

Would be interesting to check her twitter feed as to any potential causes as these folks like to tweet anything that is virtuous, as an aside she is a very old looking 43 year old so genetics / underlying issues may be at play as well.

Edit:- Not prolific on twitter - very boring.

Edited by Chewing Grass
9 hours ago, eight said:

Let’s hope this is wrong, but we should be ready for that sustained fight

Fight or flight?...I know which one I am planning, so that I will be ready for the 'window of opportunity' to open one last time before it close shut for good!

Keep on posting stuff like this @eight, as I find some of it difficult to find on the web.....maybe post it in the Stealth thread away from prying eyes though?

8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Would be interesting to check her twitter feed as to any potential causes as these folks like to tweet anything that is virtuous, as an aside she is a very old looking 43 year old so genetics / underlying issues may be at play as well.

Edit:- Not prolific on twitter - very boring.

She got to see the "red zone" first hand and is now using the experience to lecture the plebs though.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/samantha-morton-124431654.html

Samantha Morton urges 'wear a mask' after being admitted to hospital

7 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Shite.

Every human being that has ever lived is mental in one form or another. And there is not one single exception to that.

Knowing and accepting this simple truth makes life a lot easier...

XYY

Problem is some measure others by their own standards....we're a little bit different down South you know! ...

...cue expletive filled reply questioning my parentage :-)