DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Dumb shit, employers and covid paranoia.

Snark

Bornagain
2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

People are lying because they don't want to be forced to stay in.

Which is why we're still discussing covid 

There might be something in this.

We have been quietly breaking the rules seeing friends,  a friend of the kids was here recently who went to a largish house party on new years eve. This person was telling us that none of the attendees give a shit about covid and that if they came down with any symptoms they would just stay at home, no test, no appearing on the official stats. They just sit tight until the symptoms have gone.

I have no idea to what extent this is true - but I have no reason to doubt them...

These people are all early to mid twenties.

I don't blame them, if I were the same age then I would do the same.

Having said that, my youngest is still a student and all his circle of friends have had and recovered from Covid - presumably a lot (most ?) of that population are now immune.

• Agree 3

SillyBilly

I have a cough at the moment, not unusual for this time of year. Noticed I have been supressing it as far as I can to stop the shifty looks. Really is silly, who'd have thought in 2021 you'd be hiding a cold or a cough so you weren't marked as a plague victim and have your doors welded shut with a big red "X" slapped on.

• Agree 1

Van Lady
4 hours ago, Bornagain said:

This person was telling us that none of the attendees give a shit about covid and that if they came down with any symptoms they would just stay at home, no test, no appearing on the official stats. They just sit tight until the symptoms have gone.

I have no idea to what extent this is true - but I have no reason to doubt them...

My anecdote.

My son and his mates are mid to late twenties. They’ve been meeting regularly in houses, cycle runs, on walks since the start of the “pandemic”. They’re still picking up one night stands with females online.

A few days ago he said some of them, including him, had been with folk who had tested positive for Covid. Probably last night in the pub before recent closure. None are ill but have no intentions of being tested if they get any symptoms.

Like you I don’t blame them for flouting the rules because statistically they have extremely low risk of being severely ill. 

On 06/01/2021 at 14:36, Mirror Mirror said:

And don’t you think this sets a dangerous precident, as if there were not already enough of those around? What if an employee has a reputation for being promiscuous and someone raises concerns about catching an STD from the communal toilets. Is the employer within their rights or is it reasonable for them to send the employee for some kind of invasive test?

I understand that erectile disfunction is a symptom of Covid....happy for my employer to pay for the test here as well!

• Lol 1

On 06/01/2021 at 14:56, sarahbell said:

There's a pandemic on 

The person coughing is displaying a symptom of the disease behind the pandemic.

If you were a sex worker you'd be asked to have health checks

Yes, but as a sex worker I would be fuc£ing somebody else, i'll be damned if I will let my employer think they can fuc£ me!

On 06/01/2021 at 14:04, sarahbell said:

It's their risk assessment to keep the work place safe for everyone.

On a more serious note, until you are legally obliged by law to have a Covid test for a cough surely the employer is trying to impose something that is not legal...they can suggest/encourage, but they cannot insist.

• Agree 1

Mirror Mirror
6 hours ago, Bornagain said:

There might be something in this.

We have been quietly breaking the rules seeing friends,  a friend of the kids was here recently who went to a largish house party on new years eve. This person was telling us that none of the attendees give a shit about covid and that if they came down with any symptoms they would just stay at home, no test, no appearing on the official stats. They just sit tight until the symptoms have gone.

Having said that, my youngest is still a student and all his circle of friends have had and recovered from Covid - presumably a lot (most ?) of that population are now immune.

I’m sure there’s something in it. If I found out I had been near someone with a positive covid test, I would ignore it as long as I was symptom free. Would I have done similar with the flu before covid was invented? Damn right, and if I started to feel ill, then I’d stay at home, just as we’ve done for decades. 

What makes covid so special? 388 under 60 deaths, and you think I’m gonna barricade myself in for 2 weeks? 😂 And we know asymptomatic transmission doesn’t happen.

I doubt I’d even get tested if I thought I had it. If you want to call me unreasonable, go right ahead. I used to be very reasonable, until the government shat on me and society from a great height.

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

What makes covid so special? 388 under 60 deaths, and you think I’m gonna barricade myself in for 2 weeks? 😂 And we know asymptomatic transmission doesn’t happen.

What indeed? corona viruses rattle around every few years anyway. This is not the first.

Carl Fimble
On 06/01/2021 at 15:10, Mirror Mirror said:

Well I would disagree and say we’re in a manufactured ‘casedemic’.

As I explained, a productive cough after a cold isn’t a covid symptom, the fact that it is in the mind of the co worker doesn’t make it so.

No one is talking about sex workers.

I think we’re getting into straw man territory here so I’ll withdraw. I just wanted to use the example to raise what I think are interesting ethical questions, against the background that covid seems to be a valid excuse to violate every existing right and protocol that we (thought we) had.

You're right and I think you've been consistently good on this whole Covid bollocks, keep going. 

I had a lengthy chat with an old friend tonight, he sees this whole virus thing quite differently to me and it's wearing, but I'm going to try to keep going too. 

• Cheers 1

Mirror Mirror
10 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

You're right and I think you've been consistently good on this whole Covid bollocks, keep going. 

I had a lengthy chat with an old friend tonight, he sees this whole virus thing quite differently to me and it's wearing, but I'm going to try to keep going too. 

Thank you Carl, that’s very nice of you to say so. 

I’ll do my best.

• Cheers 1

Caravan Monster

Made my bi-monthly visit to the local abattoir / butchers shop. Family business, look after their employees, hard workers and very good service, a lot of regs to comply with because they are dealing with livestock, slaughtering and food. Being a smaller business, they have to be absolutely by the book because they don't have the same 'friends' in authority as the big outfits.

One of the butchers serving said he had just started back after a + test exactly 14 days ago with mild flu symptoms (in his 50's, sickly looking complexion and probably sightly overweight). His colleagues didn't seem bothered and he seemed fine. Refrigerated work environment for extra coof points. Makes you wonder what all the worry is about for vaguely healthy people under around 70.

Employee "Hi, i'm calling in sick, i've just had a heart attack and need a tripple heart bypass"
Boss "You're just taking the piss"

Employee "i'm fine, just clearing my throat"
Boss "You're an irresponsible lying sack of shit"

• Lol 4

Mental Floss

Reminds me of one of my favourite jokes which due to its nature is now verboten:

Man rings into office:

"Sorry Boss I can't come into work I'm sick"

"For fucks sake! This is the third time in 3 weeks! Exactly how sick are you?"

"Well I'm in bed with my 13 year old sister, you could ask her"

• Lol 1

unregistered_guest
4 hours ago, Mental Floss said:

Reminds me of one of my favourite jokes which due to its nature is now verboten:

Or the one where a man rings in sick and the boss says, "Listen up, that's just not good enough. You know what I do when I'm feeling under the weather? I just roll over, shag my wife and I feel ten times better. She then cooks me bacon and eggs. Within half an hour, I'm at work and ready for anything!"

Thirty minutes later, the boss gets a call, "You were right. I feel bloody fantastic. I'm on my way to work right now."

"You see," says the boss. "A quick shag makes all the difference."

"Yep," says the employee, "oh, and by the way, your wife says you'll need to pick up another box of six eggs on the way home."

• Lol 2

• 8 months later...

Covid Paranoia

Just about sums up the experience I have just had. Walked to a nearby parade of shops situated on a main road. Crossed at the traffic light controlled crossing, I was walking behind a young chap riding a bike. We made it the middle refuge bit and waited for the second sets of lights, which had just turned green for the traffic.

Older chap, overweight, about 70-75 years old AND wearing a face mask was crossing the road but stopped a metre short in the road as I walked to one side of the pedestrian area and stood behind the guy on the bike. There was room for him to step onto the pavement and walk past. This happened just as a car went past. He shook his head. I barked at him: "Its alright, I'm not riddled with disease or anything!!" He carried on walking past with his head down.

Another person who lacks the skill of critical thinking and who really ought to watch less news. 9_9

Upon reflection, he could have been shaking his head in reaction to the young chap riding the bike, perhaps he should have dismounted for the crossing due to the narrowness of the central refuge. But I'm glad I stood up for myself for once. I don't like to be labelled as 'one of those kung flu riddled heathens'.

ashestoashes
3 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Covid Paranoia

Just about sums up the experience I have just had. Walked to a nearby parade of shops situated on a main road. Crossed at the traffic light controlled crossing, I was walking behind a young chap riding a bike. We made it the middle refuge bit and waited for the second sets of lights, which had just turned green for the traffic.

Older chap, overweight, about 70-75 years old AND wearing a face mask was crossing the road but stopped a metre short in the road as I walked to one side of the pedestrian area and stood behind the guy on the bike. There was room for him to step onto the pavement and walk past. This happened just as a car went past. He shook his head. I barked at him: "Its alright, I'm not riddled with disease or anything!!" He carried on walking past with his head down.

Another person who lacks the skill of critical thinking and who really ought to watch less news. 9_9

Upon reflection, he could have been shaking his head in reaction to the young chap riding the bike, perhaps he should have dismounted for the crossing due to the narrowness of the central refuge. But I'm glad I stood up for myself for once. I don't like to be labelled as 'one of those kung flu riddled heathens'.

why interact with the walking dead ?

• Agree 3

WorkingPoor

I went into the big smoke on thursday, for the first time in 9 months as i needed to buy some new clothes, 

Popped in Burger King for lunch 

"Bacon double cheesburger meal to eat in please"

Manager in a mask passed me the food in a brown paper bag.

"I said i wanted to eat in"

"Ah..it's all bagged now sir, there are no trays" 

Fucken craven snivellers.

• Lol 2

28 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

😲Well, I am surprised that you popped into a Burger King for lunch. Mixing with all those scummers and drossers. Yes though, it’s shit currently just to have the spontaneous choice of turning up at favoured eating places without a prebooked reservation and finding that everything has changed.

Hopefully your day improved and you managed to return home after purchasing some decent new clothes. Maybe not?

If you have to return to your tailor just remember to book a favoured restaurant beforehand ….double vax , valid negative test …..

Edited by Van Lady
  • Agree 1

Wight Flight
30 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I went into the big smoke on thursday, for the first time in 9 months as i needed to buy some new clothes, 

"Bacon double cheesburger meal to eat in please"

Manager in a mask passed me the food in a brown paper bag.

"I said i wanted to eat in"

"Ah..it's all bagged now sir, there are no trays" 

Fucken craven snivellers.

You have this so wrong.

You go in to town for lunch, and maybe, just maybe, buy some new clothes whilst there. Though the latter I would consider to be frivolous expenditure.

• Cheers 2

One percent
1 hour ago, UmBongo said:

Covid Paranoia

Udon reflection, he could have been shaking his head in reaction to the young chap riding the bike, perhaps he should have dismounted for the crossing due to the narrowness of the central refuge. But I'm glad I stood up for myself for once. I don't like to be labelled as 'one of those kung flu riddled heathens'.

Who cares. I’m fed up with this passive/aggressive shite. Seems  every second bloke i meet has this issue. It’s always blokes. Always. 

• Informative 1

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

Who cares. I’m fed up with this passive/aggressive shite. Seems  every second bloke i meet has this issue. It’s always blokes. Always. 

In my opinion a lot of psychology/sociology is indeed shite.

Can’t say I’ve noticed much difference between males/females regarding general decent societal behaviour or indeed whatever anyone wants to label themselves or others with these days regarding day to day life, getting on with it and coping with it.

This is the first article on a duck duck go search on passive/aggressive behaviour.

There will be countless other definitions of it….
https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-passive-aggressive-behavior-2795481

One percent
3 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

In my opinion a lot of psychology/sociology is indeed shite.

Can’t say I’ve noticed much difference between males/females regarding general decent societal behaviour or indeed whatever anyone wants to label themselves or others with these days regarding day to day life, getting on with it and coping with it.

This is the first article on a duck duck go search on passive/aggressive behaviour.

There will be countless other definitions of it….
https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-passive-aggressive-behavior-2795481

Experience. Definitely see it more from blokes.  

• Informative 1

Wight Flight
10 minutes ago, One percent said:

That's because you don't notice women*

*other genders are available.

One percent
Just now, Wight Flight said:

That's because you don't notice women*

*other genders are available.

Nope, just see how people engage with me. 

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes I agree it’s a lot about life experience. I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. I do think passive/aggressive definitions and descriptions of the behaviour are bullshit modern rubbish though.

I’ve been single and a lone parent for 20+ years and honestly have observed so called passive/aggressive behaviour from a variety of definitions of it fairly equally in both biological sexes over the years  ….that’s male or female for me with a few unfortunate folk who are born neither. All the lbgt definitions of biological sex etc is just jumping the shark in my opinion.

• Agree 1