DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Dumb shit, employers and covid paranoia.

Snark

One percent
4 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Yes I agree it’s a lot about life experience. I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. I do think passive/aggressive definitions and descriptions of the behaviour are bullshit modern rubbish though.

I’ve been single and a lone parent for 20+ years and honestly have observed so called passive/aggressive behaviour from a variety of definitions of it fairly equally in both biological sexes over the years  ….that’s male or female for me with a few unfortunate folk who are born neither. All the lbgt definitions of biological sex etc is just jumping the shark in my opinion.

I think they confuse sex (biological, there are two) with gender (a social construct, so there are as many as they wish). 

• Cheers 1

Mirror Mirror
4 hours ago, One percent said:

Who cares. I’m fed up with this passive/aggressive shite. Seems  every second bloke i meet has this issue. It’s always blokes. Always. 

Bit passive aggressive of you there, Onesie! :P

Edited by Mirror Mirror
  • Lol 1

6 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

I went into the big smoke on thursday, for the first time in 9 months as i needed to buy some new clothes, 

Popped in Burger King for lunch 

"Bacon double cheesburger meal to eat in please"

Manager in a mask passed me the food in a brown paper bag.

"I said i wanted to eat in"

"Ah..it's all bagged now sir, there are no trays" 

Fucken craven snivellers.

I actually agree with that.  Even without COVID, trays in fast food places were riddled with germs and shit.  I'd much rather have it in a paper bag that was unexposed to the air 60 seconds earlier.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Van Lady said:

Yes I agree it’s a lot about life experience. I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this. I do think passive/aggressive definitions and descriptions of the behaviour are bullshit modern rubbish though.

I’ve been single and a lone parent for 20+ years and honestly have observed so called passive/aggressive behaviour from a variety of definitions of it fairly equally in both biological sexes over the years  ….that’s male or female for me with a few unfortunate folk who are born neither. All the lbgt definitions of biological sex etc is just jumping the shark in my opinion.

I think passive/aggressive behaviour is something of a defense mechanism, and probably one of few available to people in a weak position in a relationship. It's a bit like behavioral sarcasm. I sometimes engage in it deliberately in response to some perceived (or genuine) fuckwittery.

Regarding the paranoia, I'm thankfully seeing less and less of it, but we did have one true believer the other day who took me right back to the darkest times - obsessively masked at all times, and sanitised his hands on the way out.

• Agree 2

stop_the_craziness
1 hour ago, eight said:

I think passive/aggressive behaviour is something of a defense mechanism, and probably one of few available to people in a weak position in a relationship. It's a bit like behavioral sarcasm. I sometimes engage in it deliberately in response to some perceived (or genuine) fuckwittery.

I agree.  I am not a confrontational person by nature so I have found it extremely uncomfortable that we now live in a time where a certain amount of confrontational behaviour is now required if you don't want to completely surrender to totalitarianism.