DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Would you go for this?

Roger_Mellie

Just talking to a mate of mine in Beijing, apparently Beijing is locked down again after 200 cases of Covid but he was telling me about their tracking system.

Everyone (absolutely everyone) has an app with a 'health barcode' unique to them. This app tracks you 24/7 to a resolution of a couple of metres and if you have been in a high risk area it turns from green to red. 

If you book a restaurant, travel, stay in a hotel, go skating, anything, you have to show your health barcode. 

They seem pretty happy with this as a price for battling COVID. 

I wonder if it's going to end up here at some point? 

• Informative 3
MrLibertyRedux

I'll be a fully fledged resistance fighter before any of that shit.

• Agree 9
  • Lol 2
Roger_Mellie
17 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

How long have they had this tracking?

Not sure, I did suggest that given Europe's history we might be a bit more difficult to convince. 

• Agree 3
Stuey

It should really be five metres, just to be safe. China clearly don't care about their elderly.

• Lol 1
onlyme
Just now, Stuey said:

It should really be five metres, just to be safe. China clearly don't care about their elderly.

They'd have done better not to have a bioweapons lab away based in a city of 11million.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1
Frank Hovis
15 minutes ago, onlyme said:

They'd have done better not to have a bioweapons lab away based in a city of 11million.

Plymouth has decaying nuclear subs alongside a city of 250k.

Safe as houses until it isn't.

Bonkers.

• Agree 3
eight
3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Plymouth has decaying nuclear subs alongside a city of 250k.

Safe as houses until it isn't.

Bonkers.

It's the submarines I feel sorry for.

• Lol 11
Frank Hovis
13 minutes ago, eight said:

It's the submarines I feel sorry for.

I don't live there so am not about to start defending it.

mooncat69

My Chinese friend keeps talking about an "old woman who came from Korea to Shenyang China. After testing, she went to many places, some people were infected, after she felt hot, she went to see doctor in a clinic and five hospital continuity"

Popuplights
5 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

My Chinese friend keeps talking about an "old woman who came from Korea to Shenyang China. After testing, she went to many places, some people were infected, after she felt hot, she went to see doctor in a clinic and five hospital continuity"

Filthy foreign devil

• Lol 3
M S E Refugee

Rather than carrying your phone 24/7 would not just be easier to put a chip in the Vaccine.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4
eight
1 minute ago, M S E Refugee said:

Rather than carrying your phone 24/7 would not just be easier to put a chip in the Vaccine.

And then put the vaccine in chips.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
MrLibertyRedux
13 minutes ago, spunko said:

People who say they won't stand for this shit, were probably posting in March 2020 that they wouldn't stand by if they closed the pubs, if they made it illegal to not wear a face muzzle in a shop, if they made it illegal to see your dying parents.

Agree to an extent, but I think it depends on where you draw your line in the sand. Location tracking by law is a bridge too far for me, and I simply will not comply with it if it is enforced. My phone hasn't left the house since the begining of August and will not do any more. My new normal.

• Agree 3
dgul
2 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

It won't have that much impact on Covid -- incubation periods are too long and infectivity too high.

The XYY Man
35 minutes ago, spunko said:

People who say they won't stand for this shit, were probably posting in March 2020 that they wouldn't stand by if they closed the pubs, if they made it illegal to not wear a face muzzle in a shop, if they made it illegal to see your dying parents.

Agreed.

But with so many frightened people believing everything that the government says, you only make yourself look like a crazy cunt if you do make a stand.

The masses have to turn. It might happen, it might not. They do take some waking-up from their slumber, and it takes very extreme circumstances for that to occur.

Until they do, any protest will likely only get you hurt by fines and arrests. If your conscience says you must, fair fucks to you. But without tens of millions doing it, it is ultimately futile...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1
Democorruptcy
25 minutes ago, eight said:

And then put the vaccine in chips.

They ask "I'll have a vac and chips with bits on love"

Bornagain
52 minutes ago, spunko said:

and drip, drip, drip went our freedoms & civil rights.....

swiss_democracy_for_all
3 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Just talking to a mate of mine in Beijing, apparently Beijing is locked down again after 200 cases of Covid but he was telling me about their tracking system.

Everyone (absolutely everyone) has an app with a 'health barcode' unique to them. This app tracks you 24/7 to a resolution of a couple of metres and if you have been in a high risk area it turns from green to red. 

If you book a restaurant, travel, stay in a hotel, go skating, anything, you have to show your health barcode. 

I wonder if it's going to end up here at some point? 

What occurs to me is that the German population in the late 20s/early 30s would have probably been ok with it. Not all, but enough of them.

They'd been poor and in the shit, and they were getting richer and more powerful again, and their cohesive orderly society was increasing the pace of the improvement all the time and making them feel superior - there are a few parallels. Is Xi the next "bigger and better" Hitler who will bring "Ordnung"? First to Taiwan (like Alsace and Sudetenland) and the nations of the South China sea (Poland etc), then onwards?

MrLibertyRedux

Spot on timimg for starting this thread @Roger_Mellie

https://order-order.com/2021/01/07/bbc-employees-to-be-given-social-distance-enforcing-electronic-tags/

BBC employees are to be tested for Coronavirus twice per week and given “social distance proximity devises” upon entry to the building, according to new rules set out this by the managing director this morning. The electronic tags will be rolled out “in key BBC locations to maintain safe social distancing” and will “alert wearers when they’re less than two metres apart from someone else”, supposedly via a beeping noise. 

• Informative 2
  • Lol 1
Roger_Mellie
1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

What occurs to me is that the German population in the late 20s/early 30s would have probably been ok with it. Not all, but enough of them.

They'd been poor and in the shit, and they were getting richer and more powerful again, and their cohesive orderly society was increasing the pace of the improvement all the time and making them feel superior - there are a few parallels. Is Xi the next "bigger and better" Hitler who will bring "Ordnung"? First to Taiwan (like Alsace and Sudetenland) and the nations of the South China sea (Poland etc), then onwards?

The parallels are there. I did take the call down a bit of a dark path when I pointed out that having a personal serial number tattooed and used against you was close to living memory for some people and it didn't end well. 

How bad would it have to be to get to the point where people would do literally anything to get their 'freedom' back?

Austin Allegro
2 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

https://order-order.com/2021/01/07/bbc-employees-to-be-given-social-distance-enforcing-electronic-tags/

BBC employees are to be tested for Coronavirus twice per week and given “social distance proximity devises” upon entry to the building, according to new rules set out this by the managing director this morning. The electronic tags will be rolled out “in key BBC locations to maintain safe social distancing” and will “alert wearers when they’re less than two metres apart from someone else”, supposedly via a beeping noise. 

It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.

• Lol 3
stokiescum
6 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I'll be a fully fledged resistance fighter before any of that shit.

No it’s going on a spare phone if it ever came here.

• Agree 1
eight
2 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I'd end myself if that became commonplace. I certainly don't want to live in THAT world.

• Agree 2