DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Problem is that to outsiders those icons means very little. I can add more reactions/icons but I don't want it to become a circlejerk.

Reps are for poofs...!!!   XYY

There are some who rep with LOL, and little else, I couldn't give a fuck- a rep's a rep, but it would be good if they could make some sort of point, or argue with a point someone else has made. L

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

There are some who rep with LOL, and little else, I couldn't give a fuck- a rep's a rep, but it would be good if they could make some sort of point, or argue with a point someone else has made.

Looking at you @SickOfIt

It is a good reason to not have the 'like' button -- it stifles engagement.  It obviously does have its uses, just that there's always good and bad, etc.

It is a bit like the 'automatic reply' you get in Google email -- my Aunt (80's) loves it and every single response we get from here is clearly one of the suggested responses.  I'd prefer that she didn't respond at all if she couldn't be bothered.

Edited by dgul
Never apologise, never explain.
39 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

There are some who rep with LOL, and little else, I couldn't give a fuck- a rep's a rep, but it would be good if they could make some sort of point, or argue with a point someone else has made.

Looking at you @SickOfIt

Lol 👍😉

Many here have compared this place to a virtual pub. If all you do when out with a group is nod and say ‘yeah’, many more invites won’t follow.

<First time I have found myself agreeing with @Carl Fimble, lockdowns have a lot to answer for >

2 hours ago, JohnThePessimist said:

Lol 👍😉

Many here have compared this place to a virtual pub. If all you do when out with a group is nod and say ‘yeah’, many more invites won’t follow.

<First time I have found myself agreeing with @Carl Fimble, lockdowns have a lot to answer for >

maybe need a did you spill my pint rep emoji

@SickOfIt

Sometimes I think dosbods is a bit of an echo chamber and we do need people to express a contradictory viewpoint.

Why dont you provide that contradictory viewpoint? Amaze us with your razor sharp intelligence and command of the written word?

As it is, in the two posts you've made here you've called us "morons" and cunts". 

Maybe if you debate with people here you might improve your debating skill? As it is, you come across as a 15 year old schoolboy that cant get a girlfriend.

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The reps we have are a good compromise between no reps, which leads to multiple "+1", 100% agree, and "Great post" responses filling threads, and up and down reps which can get nasty.

If some halfwit wants to go around sticking LoLs on non-humorous posts then it's best to ignore them.

241933163_WantToHideYourDownvotes_-1.png.cb58f0c7f77be19b5e0f9ad8a5ce79ae.png

4 hours ago, Great Guy said:

@SickOfIt

Sometimes I think dosbods is a bit of an echo chamber and we do need people to express a contradictory viewpoint.

Why dont you provide that contradictory viewpoint? Amaze us with your razor sharp intelligence and command of the written word?

As it is, in the two posts you've made here you've called us "morons" and cunts". 

Maybe if you debate with people here you might improve your debating skill? As it is, you come across as a 15 year old schoolboy that cant get a girlfriend.

He's too busy fucking DustyBin 321 in the lid.

Da rude boy.

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer
8 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Looking at you @SickOfIt

I’m always game for a debate particularly when I’m under the influence I must remember to calm

it down on social media mind you

8 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The reps we have are a good compromise between no reps, which leads to multiple "+1", 100% agree, and "Great post" responses filling threads, and up and down reps which can get nasty.

If some halfwit wants to go around sticking LoLs on non-humorous posts then it's best to ignore them.

There are no negative REP symbols, meaning "I disagree", or "that is complete bollox", or "you are certifiable".

Only "agree", "that was funny" or "cheers, I coundn't have put it better"

12 minutes ago, MrPin said:

There are no negative REP symbols, meaning "I disagree", or "that is complete bollox", or "you are certifiable".

Only "agree", "that was funny" or "cheers, I coundn't have put it better"

zh.png

13 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Whose to decide whats humorous?  And then there's sarcasm.  I'll give this whole thread a xD!

13 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Looking at you @SickOfIt

Terrible.  Next they'll be using some sort of "agree" button without any explanation xD!

14 hours ago, unregistered_guest said:

I reckon it's because they see themselves as Abigail Williams in their own personal re-enactment of the Crucible. Each LOL is a marker for them to shriek out, "I saw Fimble sucking the devil's cock!"

Unfortunately, the real meaning of the play will be completely lost on them.

"1984" and "The Crucible" - the two literary works that will be forever associated with 2020/2021. 

Every time I see an over-emotional NHS nurse on the TV saying she's seen wards of children sick with Covid or similar, I remember my English teacher and thank him quietly.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all