Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

In prison would you rather be..


In prison would you rather be..  

55 members have voted

  1. 1. I'd prefer to be:

    • In solitary confinement
      37
    • With others
      18


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends on the kind of solitary and the kind of others. If it’s US Supermax solitary vs. general population in a medium security prison, then with others. If it’s the kind of solitary where you get to

In solitary. I hate people. ....and people hate me.

So "with others" 

Posted Images

Depends on the kind of solitary and the kind of others. If it’s US Supermax solitary vs. general population in a medium security prison, then with others. If it’s the kind of solitary where you get to talk to visitors, have access to books etc. and get a reasonable amount of exercise time and others means a load of hardened drug dealer types the solitary.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solitary is usually used as a punishment AFAIK..  so I guess “with others” would be the go-to choice.

Unless I thought someone wanted to Epstein me :ph34r:

Surely it’s all academic anyway,  aren’t prisons obsolete now that the entire country is under house arrest?   Is the threat to remove you from your nagging wife or screaming kids? O.o

Link to post
Share on other sites

Which one has the concert parties with the big band music and big butch men dressing up as ladies?

I bet the buggers who kept trying to escape were annoying.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2378700/Astonishing-photos-British-soldiers-turned-PoW-camp-THEATRE-performing-It-Aint-Half-Hot-Mum-style-shows-boost-morale.html

 

 

article-2378700-1B002404000005DC-430_306x488.jpg

article-2378700-1B0027B2000005DC-579_634x375.jpg

article-2378700-1B002711000005DC-797_306x584.jpg

article-2378700-1B0026AC000005DC-247_634x374.jpg

article-2378700-1B0027E5000005DC-739_634x406.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hancock said:

So long as you're vaguely normal you pretty much haven't got the choice. It'll be 2 men to a cell the Victorians deemed was suitable for 1 person.

See Tommy Robinson being interviewed by Grant Mitchell after a few months of solitary confinement to see what it done to him.

I think the Victorian room standards are fine. 

I don't think prison rehabilitates people or acts as a preventative.

Hard labour. 

US prisons make tons of stuff they'd otherwise import. It's a great plan.

We could have our prisoners as farm labourers. Good accommodation and work nicely and you get early release. 

Solve the importation of labour.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Libspero said:

The dilema is, if you allow state sanctioned slave workers there is an incentive for the state to incarcerate more people.  Doesn’t the US have the largest prison population per capita in the world?

I believe so.

Is it cos they don't lock people up in China and India?

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Hancock said:

So long as you're vaguely normal you pretty much haven't got the choice. It'll be 2 men to a cell the Victorians deemed was suitable for 1 person.

See Tommy Robinson being interviewed by Grant Mitchell after a few months of solitary confinement to see what it done to him.

I thought it was 3 per cell? I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that having an uneven number of cons per cell was policy as it meant inmates were less likely to play hide the sausage?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I think the Victorian room standards are fine. 

So long as you're aware the people coming out of them will on the whole be angrier and more violent than before they went in.

Ive no issue with the room, its the having to share that the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnThePessimist said:

I thought it was 3 per cell? I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that having an uneven number of cons per cell was policy as it meant inmates were less likely to play hide the sausage?

Think 3 in a cell sometimes happens, but they're tiny rooms not really space for 3 beds and a toilet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hancock said:

So long as you're aware the people coming out of them will on the whole be angrier and more violent than before they went in.

Ive no issue with the room, its the having to share that the problem.

They should be tired after a hard day of crushing rocks.

Rehabilitation doesn't happen in a room

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I think the Victorian room standards are fine. 

I don't think prison rehabilitates people or acts as a preventative.

Hard labour. 

US prisons make tons of stuff they'd otherwise import. It's a great plan.

We could have our prisoners as farm labourers. Good accommodation and work nicely and you get early release. 

Solve the importation of labour.

 

Sorry but that's mental, anything that incentivises incarceration WILL be abused and the US prison system is the worst possible example.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...