• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

CPS to crack down on social media hate crime, says Alison Saunders

This woman harpy is a/ off her rocker and b/ apparently prioritises feelz over free speech. No 1st Amendment rights here == be very afraid.

' Saunders says the crackdown is needed because online abuse can lead to the sort of extremist hate seen in Charlottesville in the United States last weekend, which left one person dead.

Writing in the Guardian, Saunders said: “Left unchallenged, even low-level offending can subsequently fuel the kind of dangerous hostility that has been plastered across our media in recent days. That is why countering it is a priority for the CPS.

“Whether shouted in their face on the street, daubed on their wall or tweeted into their living room, the impact of hateful abuse on a victim can be equally devastating.” 

Hate crime is rising with more cases being prosecuted, the DPP said. “Of the more than 15,000 hate crime prosecutions we completed in 2015-16 we were able to persuade the court that a stiffer, or ‘uplifted’, sentence was warranted with increasing frequency. '

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/aug/21/cps-to-crack-down-on-social-media-hate-says-alison-saunders

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/20/hate-crimes-online-abusers-prosecutors-serious-crackdown-internet-face-to-face

dpp-alison-saunders-told-by-mp-to-see-wh 

Are these "crimes" really "hate" or just pieces of weedy sc*m claiming to be "offended" because they read something they didn't like? 

Let's all go snivelling to the Rozzers shall we?

How has a country once as great as britain sunk to schoolyard tell-tale'ing? 

Is the aim to use the police to gain revenge on someone who said something online that you disagreed with?

Tweeting shit like "Thats not OK" like everyone should conform to a certain scummy worldview or be prosecuted?

Sorry lads and ladies; I don't think there's anything on here that would interest them so no DOSBODS free speech martyrs this year.

I have seen some truly shocking things said online, very nasty death threats.  Not here though.

This is an extended polite conversation in a Penrith tearoom with Miss Blennyhassett serving the tea and cake.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Sorry lads and ladies; I don't think there's anything on here that would interest them so no DOSBODS free speech martyrs this year.

I have seen some truly shocking things said online, very nasty death threats.  Not here though.

This is an extended polite conversation in a Penrith tearoom with Miss Blennyhassett serving the tea and cake.

That's the thing though Frank- there are already laws in place to deal with people issuing death threats or harassing people, etc.

This "hate speech" shit is different, it's loosely defined,  if it's even defined at all, and offers them a way to shut down speech that they don't like.

I think this is genuinely scary legislation and something which might curtail free speech just by it's very existence.

I think dosbods would be perceived as pretty radical in the eyes of not just SJWs but possibly in the eyes of folk like Saunders. 

I think a move to the stealth forum might be a plan, for the more "edgy" threads or posts anyway.

1984 AF

48 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

low-level offending

WTF is that, is it opinion crime, name calling, casual threats, pretending to be a sheep or what.

Is that offending in being mildly offensive or actual doing something?

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

That's the thing though Frank- there are already laws in place to deal with people issuing death threats or harassing people, etc.

This "hate speech" shit is different, it's loosely defined,  if it's even defined at all, and offers them a way to shut down speech that they don't like.

I think this is genuinely scary legislation and something which might curtail free speech just by it's very existence.

I think dosbods would be perceived as pretty radical in the eyes of not just SJWs but possibly in the eyes of folk like Saunders. 

I think a move to the stealth forum might be a plan, for the more "edgy" threads or posts anyway.

1984 AF

I get the impression that many people here are pillars of their local establishment; entirely reasonable people saying entirely reasonable things and articulating what the great majority of people think.

I really don't think our "edgy" threads cut it when you see what you get elsewhere on the internet.  Only last week I saw somebody holding several wraps of twenties adding up to £500 available for anybody who would "do" a certain named individual in Exeter prison.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

WTF is that, is it opinion crime, name calling, casual threats, pretending to be a sheep or what.

Is that offending in being mildly offensive or actual doing something?

Pretending to be a sheep is pretty serious around here - get you a good kicking if you're not careful.

4 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Is it classed as a hate crime or offensive to say that I think Alison Saunders is very manly looking?

I'm a man, and I take offence at that. She's too fekking ugly.

I mentioned in the 'van of peace' thread that if one of us had an accident hurting or killing a RoPer, I would be very nervous about my browsing history (this place in particular) being examined by Plod....

Hugz to all you hardworking folks in GCHQ, if you're paying attention!

16 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I get the impression that many people here are pillars of their local establishment; entirely reasonable people saying entirely reasonable things and articulating what the great majority of people think.

I really don't think our "edgy" threads cut it when you see what you get elsewhere on the internet.  Only last week I saw somebody holding several wraps of twenties adding up to £500 available for anybody who would "do" a certain named individual in Exeter prison.

That may be so but I think this sort of legislation is aimed at dissent, the like of which this forum is full of. 

Your Exeter prison example would be covered by some sort of "Incitement to murder" law I suspect. We don't need this crime speech thing, they do though.

I think anyway?

14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

:o

" That's a very good idea. London is a country coming down from its trip. We are 91 days from the end of this decade and there's gonna be a lot of refugees. "

Back in a bit I'm off to google League Of Gentleman to post a pic of Tubbs next to Alison Saunders.

Shit for fucks sake Frank

2 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I mentioned in the 'van of peace' thread that if one of us had an accident hurting or killing a RoPer, I would be very nervous about my browsing history (this place in particular) being examined by Plod....

Hugz to all you hardworking folks in GCHQ, if you're paying attention!

Very little that is said on here quite frankly should be able to be construed as hate crime (thought crime anyone?). What we do is have serious and informed discussions about what is happening to our country, our way of life, culture and norms. We question and challenge our so-called leaders to do something when children are subjected to being blown up or groomed. We have quisling leaders who will not face up to the threat that has been, and is continuing to be imposed on us. 

However, words on a page and be lifted and taken out of context. They can be twisted to be portrayed in a different light. Having said that, if tptb come for the dosboders, then 2000 years of the developing civilisation and forward movement of the uk is finished. It would signal that the country is no longer our own and that we have been ethnically cleansed. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

That may be so but I think this sort of legislation is aimed at dissent, the like of which this forum is full of. 

Your Exeter prison example would be covered by some sort of "Incitement to murder" law I suspect. We don't nerd this crime speech thing, they do though.

I think anyway?

Best go and delete all your posts about weed. If they are going to come for us, they will,use any and all ammunition. o.O