DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Every adult will be offered the vaccine by the autumn

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take it, if offered?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should explain the actual situation. All the healthy fit people have been under lock-down for a year to protect them (The elderly, mainly).   The young and healthy haven't done it to prote

Looking more like Nosferatu these days, and that's made up for TV! He was born quite handsome, but he's going to die with the face he deserves. I wonder if he knows that there are probably millio

He has looked somewhat haunted for the last 15 years or so. And the phrase "your route to liberty", spoken by him, is quite terrifying and 1984 big brother-ish and won't win many people over who

Posted Images

Didn't vote because I honesty don't know. Leaning slightly towards having it because I'm not in perfect health but ironically the health issues are also a big concern over having it.

If was in my 20s or 30s then a definate no.

If I was 70 plus then definate yes.

I'm in that middle ground where its hard to weigh up pros and cons.

I’m sure the usual government incompetence will result in that latest government announcement being unfulfilled.

Also the vaccination itself could show over time to cause problems or unintended consequences.

I don’t take any vaccinations and due to my personal risk assessment I feel no need to take this one. 

2 minutes ago, invalid said:

Didn't vote because I honesty don't know. Leaning slightly towards having it because I'm not in perfect health but ironically the health issues are also a big concern over having it.

If was in my 20s or 30s then a definate no.

If I was 70 plus then definate yes.

I'm in that middle ground where its hard to weigh up pros and cons.

I suspect that a lot of people who are sitting on the fence, will end up having it, especially if it starts to curtail their everyday lives - such as not being able to travel..

...but then I see the autumn as an extremely ambitious timeframe...

Edited by Dave Beans
2 minutes ago, jamanda said:

Gives us something to look forward to during these dark days!!

I'm educating daughter about the grandchildren and unlikely but possible sterility issues.  I reckon a lot of lives could be blighted - or not - who knows?

I really don't want my kids to have it. Not massively concerned over sterility issues (although it is a concern) but a bigger concern is that of their children having a higher risk of birth defects. My concerns may be completely unfounded, but I don't currently have either the knowledge to make a decision or the confidence in those who developed the vaccines.

An update on my husband's situation........

He is a Care Worker and got a letter a few days inviting him to book a vaccine. 

Yesterday he went online to book it, computer said no. He then phoned up and got put through to an answerphone.

He gave up and wasn't impressed.

**** Today's update *****

He is keen to have it, so tried to book it online again today.

The first available spot is now the end of March.

He's not happy.  "What's the point of that, winter will be over by then, it will have died out and I won't need it".

"I've been told I can have one, it's not good enough".

Oh dear.

I told him that so far they have only vaccinated a third of the over 80's and they need it more than him.

Is there any point vaccinating the rest of us in the summer? Will how it works last long enough to be useful next winter when it is needed?

19 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Who in their right mind would trust Big Pharma after they have paid out billions of dollars in lawsuits over the years?

This is a question I have asked Pro-Vaxxers in the Youtube comments and so far I haven't received any decent rebuttals.

Yes, and this little story got buried in November.

"A 16 -year-old boy who claimed he developed a rare sleep disorder after getting a swine flu vaccine has settled his High Court action.

The ground breaking settlement for Benjamin Blackwell, made without admission of liability, could pave the way for the resolution of 80 cases over the Pandemrix vaccine listed before the High Court.

The boy claimed he contracted the sleep disorder narcolepsy and cataplexy, an associated muscle weakness after he received the Pandemrix vaccine at national school when he was five-years-old.

His action was regarded as a test case for 80 other legal actions over the vaccine developed in response to the swine flu pandemic of 2009 and 2010.!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/boy-who-said-he-developed-narcolepsy-after-swine-flu-vaccine-settles-court-case-1.4400182

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

He has looked somewhat haunted for the last 15 years or so.

And the phrase "your route to liberty", spoken by him, is quite terrifying and 1984 big brother-ish and won't win many people over who were vaccine skeptics.

possibly the last person you want pushing your agenda.

Next up it will be gordon brown pushing equity release or bullion by mail.

12 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Yes, and this little story got buried in November.

"A 16 -year-old boy who claimed he developed a rare sleep disorder after getting a swine flu vaccine has settled his High Court action.

The ground breaking settlement for Benjamin Blackwell, made without admission of liability, could pave the way for the resolution of 80 cases over the Pandemrix vaccine listed before the High Court.

The boy claimed he contracted the sleep disorder narcolepsy and cataplexy, an associated muscle weakness after he received the Pandemrix vaccine at national school when he was five-years-old.

His action was regarded as a test case for 80 other legal actions over the vaccine developed in response to the swine flu pandemic of 2009 and 2010.!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/boy-who-said-he-developed-narcolepsy-after-swine-flu-vaccine-settles-court-case-1.4400182

I'm told by someone who had a close friend that was affected that this is a real thing, it ruined a few lives. A small minority perhaps, but hard on the unlucky ones.

Anyone betting there will be zero issues with any of the 40-odd Covid vaccines developed worldwide? 

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all
18 minutes ago, working woman said:

He's not happy.  "What's the point of that, winter will be over by then, it will have died out and I won't need it".

Once March has gone you might as weil wait until October to get jabbed.

Of course, they won't want people to do that...  But that would make it 12 months since the first jabs were given, and there would be some info* about if there were serious medium-term side effects.

[* I'm not quite sure about this.  I'm fairly sure that there is a D-notice about all the vaccination deaths.  This might even be partially sensible -- they've got to get the oldies vaccinated and they'd baulk at a 1:10,000 risk of death (say), even if that's far lower than their risk of death from Covid (around 1% of all those over 80 have died from Covid this past year, and that's with everyone doing so much to stop them getting it).  However, it isn't sensible given that they're also vaccinating healthy healthcare workers -- less than 0.01% of the under 60 population has died from covid in the UK, and that includes all the obese and ill ones -- so a 1:10,000 risk wouldn't be great for that cohort]

Just now, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I'm told by someone who had a close friend that was affected that this is a real thing, it ruined a few lives. A small minority perhaps, but hard on the unlucky ones.

Anyone betting there will be zero issues with any of the 40-odd Covid vaccines developed worldwide? 

Same.  I know a person that got the vaccine and she has constantly tired/worn down ever since. It might not be that small of an minority.

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Looking more like Nosferatu these days, and that's made up for TV! He was born quite handsome, but he's going to die with the face he deserves.

I wonder if he knows that there are probably millions of people (I'm surely not alone) who when they see him pushing an idea assume automatically it must have some evil hidden in it?

I don't think globalists have much self awareness. Every time Bill Gates speaks publicly he puts doubt in peoples' minds about the truthfulness of what he is selling, same for Blair. As for that video on the US election thread of Governator Arnie lying about evil nazi orange hitler backed by cheesy movie music as his political friends start drawing up lists of political dissidents for trial and corporate friends are trying to cut lines of communication amongst half the US electorate. I hope Blair starts making more public statements because the weirdness of an unpopular former pm suddenly somehow involved in UK public health pronouncements is making ordinary people ask questions. 

I wonder if the whole lockdown process to ease the rules will be dictated by the level of uptake.  I.e. we wont open the pubs until youve all had the vaccine.

Goes against the point of lockdowns.... To protect the nhs,  which i take to mean that once all the old people are vaccinated so they dont need to go to hospital,  then lockdown can end because anyone else who gets it can be treated in hospital as they are back to normal.

14 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

When I think about whether to trust Big Pharma, I always think about Propecia.

Propecia has been on sale since 1997 for people who have hair loss, to slow down the rate at which one becomes a baldy bastard.

It fucks with your hormones, messes with the function of your dick, some men have grown breast tissue as a result of it. In recent years Merck had to slap a suicide warning on the box because of new research showing that the cascade effect of messing with the hormone also portentially messed with your brain chemistry, and there have indeed been suicides after taking it.

But, it's still on sale. The people who get terrible, in some case irreversable side effects? They're just collateral damage. Too much money in it to remove it from the market - so everyone is welcome to take their chances and play russian roultette with it.

And that's for a hair loss drug for vain baldy bastards. The market for that is miniscule compared to these covid vaccines - imagine the commercial pressure to downplay and dismiss side effects.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-courts-secrecy-propecia/

Edited by JoeDavola
43 minutes ago, working woman said:

An update on my husband's situation........

He is a Care Worker and got a letter a few days inviting him to book a vaccine. 

Yesterday he went online to book it, computer said no. He then phoned up and got put through to an answerphone.

He gave up and wasn't impressed.

**** Today's update *****

He is keen to have it, so tried to book it online again today.

"I've been told I can have one, it's not good enough".

Oh dear.

I told him that so far they have only vaccinated a third of the over 80's and they need it more than him.

Is there any point vaccinating the rest of us in the summer? Will how it works last long enough to be useful next winter when it is needed?

I wouldn't bother trying to do anything related to the NHS over the weekend. Somebody will probably return to work on Monday, input a figure for a new delivery of vaccines that will bring the date forward.

7 minutes ago, dgul said:

Once March has gone you might as weil wait until October to get jabbed.

Of course, they won't want people to do that...  But that would make it 12 months since the first jabs were given, and there would be some info* about if there were serious medium-term side effects.

[* I'm not quite sure about this.  I'm fairly sure that there is a D-notice about all the vaccination deaths.  This might even be partially sensible -- they've got to get the oldies vaccinated and they'd baulk at a 1:10,000 risk of death (say), even if that's far lower than their risk of death from Covid (around 1% of all those over 80 have died from Covid this past year, and that's with everyone doing so much to stop them getting it).  However, it isn't sensible given that they're also vaccinating healthy healthcare workers -- less than 0.01% of the under 60 population has died from covid in the UK, and that includes all the obese and ill ones -- so a 1:10,000 risk wouldn't be great for that cohort]

Through all friends / relatives. Have only heard of two people that have been vaccinated.

I realise that the extreme stories are the ones that work their way through, but one of those dead after 2 weeks.

If there is a common pattern of mortality 1 to 3 weeks after the first or second shots it is going to be quite a stretch to put the all down to unlikely timed infections.