Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Arena Events (ARE)


Recommended Posts

SomersetMatt

In the events space, which has been badly hit but which should take off this year with lots of pent-up demand and plenty of large-scale sporting events this year. 
Interestingly, a Saudi investment trust has been buying and is now at 27%.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Vendetta
1 hour ago, SomersetMatt said:

In the events space, which has been badly hit but which should take off this year with lots of pent-up demand and plenty of large-scale sporting events this year. 
Interestingly, a Saudi investment trust has been buying and is now at 27%.

 

My worry with this is it was only at 20p a share before the pandemic hit and had been in decline. Must be carrying lots of debt and liabilities since March 2020. 

Shares currently trading at 10p.

I see this as high risk with not a huge upside. Maybe I’m wrong? 

Sell it to me. I am always on the lookout for another 20x bagger 

55D173FE-F52F-4DA3-89E0-FBC76713EA72.jpeg

Edited by Vendetta
Link to post
Share on other sites
wherebee

The cost basis for public events is going through the roof.  I know people in that industry, and even with a vaccine the insurance, security costs, number limitations, etc etc are all going mental.

One guy I know here in Oz saw security guard costs double compared to last year (as you need more to handle the delays in letting people in, plus lower headcount maximums means more people pissed off outside waiting, plus guards can't do a shift at a quarantine hotel and then go do a shift at a concert that same day).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
No One

So, investing in events is a no?

 

What about Hotels and Airlines? I think the demand will explode this summer, may be able to make a buck

Link to post
Share on other sites
wherebee
9 hours ago, No One said:

So, investing in events is a no?

 

What about Hotels and Airlines? I think the demand will explode this summer, may be able to make a buck

Again, could be good, but it all depends whether governments decide that the pandemic is 'over' or not.  if not, cancellations and thus insurance costs will remain huge.  Demand is high, to be sure.

If you knew what your government was going to decide in advance, you could make massive profits insider trading on this sector.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
No One
On 12/01/2021 at 06:04, wherebee said:

Again, could be good, but it all depends whether governments decide that the pandemic is 'over' or not.  if not, cancellations and thus insurance costs will remain huge.  Demand is high, to be sure.

If you knew what your government was going to decide in advance, you could make massive profits insider trading on this sector.

will have to keep an ear to the ground, thanks

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Vendetta
On 14/01/2021 at 13:04, No One said:

will have to keep an ear to the ground, thanks

You got any connections to this company?  Keep us updated cheers @SomersetMatt et al.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SomersetMatt
38 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

You got any connections to this company?  Keep us updated cheers @SomersetMatt et al.

No connections with company. My rationale for investing is:

- bombed out sector with pent-up demanD


- big events year due (Olympics, Lions, Euros, plus usual stuff)


- belief there will be a change in consumer attitude post-c19, which will favour sector


- positive EBITDA during 2020!

- global company

- Saudi investment firm accumulating (27%) & getting close to figure where obliged to make an offer for company 

- sector ripe for consolidation

wtfdik, dyor 😊

I’m also very interested in Amigo (amgo) - if they are allowed to lend again, they should do very well. 

And REAT - specialist cleaning company for obvious reasons. 

I prefer the riskier end of the investment spectrum 😊

Edited by SomersetMatt
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...