DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Are you close to killing your immediate family?

This could come under the not coping well thread, but i believe it deserves one of its own.

Work colleague of mine is going loopy due to being stuck with wife and kids 24/7 again. Last time schools were closed it put a real strain on his relationship with his wife, and is looking similar again.

How many of you with a partner and kids stuck at home have come close to lashing out?

I suspect this will affect those where both parents are trying to work remotely whilst at the same time make sure their children are home schooling.

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard
2 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

This could come under the not coping well thread, but i believe it deserves one of its own.

Work colleague of mine is going loopy due to being stuck with wife and kids 24/7 again. Last time we schools were closed it put a real strain on hos relationship with his wife, and is looking similar again.

Hoe many of you with a partner and kids stuck at home have come close to lashing out?

I suspect this will affect those where both parents are trying to worl remotely whilst at the same time make sure their children are home schooling.

Nope. I internalise it and depress myself. Luckily my daughter's nursery keeps her out of my hair 3.5 days a week. 

I think the worst part has been taking on a new role remotely at my employer, which is quite bespoke. Not being able to learn the ropes properly has been shit. No amount of zoom calls can make up for it. 

I've had two queries outstanding from large financial institutions since before Christmas (multiple internal KPI sirens going off). Thankfully, I should have them both resolved by the end of the day. 

4 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Work colleague of mine is going loopy due to being stuck with wife and kids 24/7 again. Last time we schools were closed it put a real strain on hos relationship with his wife, and is looking similar again.

Hoe many of you with a partner and kids stuck at home have come close to lashing out?

I suspect this will affect those where both parents are trying to worl remotely whilst at the same time make sure their children are home schooling.

I found the lockdown in March/April/May very difficult, working from home and trying to manage home-schooling my daughter - the school sent weekly lessons but was pretty useless otherwise (unlike their private school counterparts who simply shifted everything online and carried on), so I feel for anyone doing that. Missus was starting a new job at a hospital and was under pressure, so you may imagine she was no help except for the odd meal or two.

Fortunately for me, for now there is no immediate prospect of the Swiss primary schools closing again. Long may that continue!

No, it’s been quite nice staying home with the family and not rushing around so much. Usually our schedules are so busy, it’s like a military operation to get everyone where they need to be everyday. With all that cancelled we have been eating meals together more, and playing cards and board games a bit. 

12 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Not yet. But my midwife daughter tested +ve this morning, so it's fucking 14 days shut-in for me now. 

She has already been for the PCR test, which will no doubt come back positive too. 

I'm not feeling too jolly.

Oh dear

I think this post Christmas blues will be worst than any other year.

When do the credit card bills arrive?

2 hours ago, Popuplights said:

Not yet. But my midwife daughter tested +ve this morning, so it's fucking 14 days shut-in for me now. 

She has already been for the PCR test, which will no doubt come back positive too. 

Small ray of sunshine. It is 10 days self isolation not 14.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/

A married mate with a 10 yr old kid works full time, chatting to him a few days ago he's not happy. His routine for years has been a few hours in the pub on a Friday night (pubs are now off-limits), and 3 hours with the house to himself on a Sunday morning when his missus took the kid to church (church is now closed so missus & kid are always at home when mate isn't at work.

He's a comitted family bloke but even he is saying he'd lose the plot if he didn't have a mancave / workshop in the back garden to escape to.

Edited by Andersen
typo
6 hours ago, Popuplights said:

OH no mate :(

I'm okay, but my 5 year old only has his dad to play with instead of other 5 year olds. And that's when I'm not nailed to a computer. 

Poor little sod, I really feel for him, and all because of the fat, useless tub of albino lard convincing most of us that a shitty little virus means normal contact is a thing of the past. Draconian fuckwit shiester lying bell-ends. 

Not really..  my job’s quieter and I’ve no commute so I’m less stressed than usual.

My wife’s picked up the home teaching role..  and she seems to be finding it ok.  The official lessons aren’t great (pretty boring and most kids not paying any attention) but at least we can see what they are meant to be learning and give them some 1 on 1 tuition to get them up to speed.

We’ve more time to cook..  so better food and more free time in the evenings to chill out.

So I’d say the opposite..  the whole house is more chilled out than usual o.O

5 hours ago, maynardgravy said:

I'm okay, but my 5 year old only has his dad to play with instead of other 5 year olds. And that's when I'm not nailed to a computer. 

Poor little sod, I really feel for him, and all because of the fat, useless tub of albino lard convincing most of us that a shitty little virus means normal contact is a thing of the past. Draconian fuckwit shiester lying bell-ends. 

Are you teaching trumpeting, to annoy the neighbours?