Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

I needed a new little hobby to get into now that we're in Tier 4 for the foreseeable. 

I've been watching  "Lock picking lawyer" on Youtube for a while and always found it fascinating, so I ordered myself a little starter and practice kit off amazon. 

If the worst comes to the worst and it all goes mad max I might also have a handy skill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2021 at 12:35, Roger_Mellie said:

I needed a new little hobby to get into now that we're in Tier 4 for the foreseeable. 

I've been watching  "Lock picking lawyer" on Youtube for a while and always found it fascinating, so I ordered myself a little starter and practice kit off amazon. 

If the worst comes to the worst and it all goes mad max I might also have a handy skill. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Practice-Transparent-Cylinder-Locksmith-Beginner/dp/B07WNP2QGW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?adgrpid=98863710211&dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAl4WABhAJEiwATUnEF_6vB8WFD30FFGGB7sw1C-vX64ynIpFnPHxBXRQf2c9G0FHYZXhBPxoC9R8QAvD_BwE&hvadid=415512786605&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007044&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=16080084269698890304&hvtargid=kwd-304215147546&hydadcr=29351_1792264&keywords=practice+locks+for+picking&qid=1610703508&sr=8-1-spons&tag=googhydr-21&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNTlKMkVEWUIwQk1KJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTA3NDQwMjBKV0hPMU5aUkxENiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzUwODk1MU5PR1RWVUpLOVRVNyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Here you go.

Im sure theres a sub-set of locks used at the student nurse house.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2021 at 17:35, MrLibertyRedux said:

A kid I went to school learned how to do this.

Endless days hiding behind earth banks waiting for the latest concoction to go bang with whatever we had lifted from the school chemistry store.

Happy days :)

The good 'ol days - as an inquisitive school boy today you'd find yourself on the governments prevent programme and be branded far-right in all the national news portals.

I cringe that I used to play with weed killer and fertiliser pilfered from the nearby farms. It would fill me with terror if my own child experimented in the way I did. My biggest bang made a crater on land that is still there to this day, shook tiles of a pig sty and concerned neighbours enough that the police were called and two police cars did a loop of the village then retreated. My innate sense of survival kicked in and I called it a day on those antics 30 years ago 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

The good 'ol days - as an inquisitive school boy today you'd find yourself on the governments prevent programme and be branded far-right in all the national news portals.

I cringe that I used to play with weed killer and fertiliser pilfered from the nearby farms. It would fill me with terror if my own child experimented in the way I did. My biggest bang made a crater on land that is still there to this day, shook tiles of a pig sty and concerned neighbours enough that the police were called and two police cars did a loop of the village then retreated. My innate sense of survival kicked in and I called it a day on those antics 30 years ago 😂

Indeed. I remember one time we locked our teacher in the store cupboard after they popped in for supplies for the entire lesson. The class then proceeded to fool around for the duration. The bell finally went and we skooted and left the teacher in the cupboard. They were then rescued by the  next teacher :Jumping: I doubt the kids of today would even dare THINK such a thing today :CryBaby:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I keep meaning to order a kit from Amazon so would be interested how you get on, which one you purchased, etc.

LPL makes it look so easy.

I keep have dreams of hiding the kit in my back garden so that I can get in if I lock myself out. Probably easier to hide a key there.  

I got this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Luxebell-24-Piece-Transparent-Practice-Locksmith/dp/B07S3SXW2V/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=lock+picking+set+for+beginners&qid=1610801193&sprefix=Lock+picking+set&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=AC74SSF6P3H9E&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUzJCWlIyTERWVzY2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDI5NjU2MUxLSDZJQ0FYVjFKNSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDM3MzM1M1MyS0tPVEpROUw5RiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

It's really not as easy as LPL makes it look. I can open basic padlocks with a rake attack, I do wonder how many are vulnerable to this? 

But still not any good with single pin picking. Feels like when I open the locks using single pin picking its more by luck than skill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Indeed. I remember one time we locked our teacher in the store cupboard after they popped in for supplies for the entire lesson. The class then proceeded to fool around for the duration. The bell finally went and we skooted and left the teacher in the cupboard. They were then rescued by the  next teacher :Jumping: I doubt the kids of today would even dare THINK such a thing today :CryBaby:

 

They are too busy by the teachers being trained how to get you deplatformed, fired, locked up and...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...