DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

No mask? Go away

sarahbell

sarahbell

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/morrisons-bans-shoppers-without-masks-19603947

Supermarket giant Morrisons has confirmed customers who refuse to wear a mask without a medical exemption will be told to leave stores.

Anybody entering the store without a mask will need medical exemption for doing so.

So. How's that going to work out for them?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/morrisons-bans-shoppers-without-masks-19603947

Supermarket giant Morrisons has confirmed customers who refuse to wear a mask without a medical exemption will be told to leave stores.

Anybody entering the store without a mask will need medical exemption for doing so.

They're just reiterating the current legal position. Asda did this a while back and nothing changed.

• Agree 2

sarahbell
7 minutes ago, eight said:

They're just reiterating the current legal position. Asda did this a while back and nothing changed.

Because nothing can change without changing the disability law whichever but says you can't ask people to prove anything.

Of course. The benefits system is allowed to ask.

Erm, ignore the typical poor journalism standard, the quote from the horse's mouth says face covering not mask, so can still wear any old thing to hand if that desperate to shop in their store.

Chief executive David Potts said: "Those who are offered a face covering and decline to wear one won’t be allowed to shop at Morrisons unless they are medically exempt. Our store colleagues are working hard to feed you and your family, please be kind."

Some places say triple layer face covering, so just need to fold it over a couple of times to be sure. xD

2 minutes ago, BoSon said:

Erm, ignore the typical poor journalism standard, the quote from the horse's mouth says face covering not mask, so can still wear any old thing to hand if that desperate to shop in their store.

Some places say triple layer face covering, so just need to fold it over a couple of times to be sure. xD

I have a Palestinian style headscarf, that I wear with dark glasses

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I have a Palestinian style headscarf, that I wear with dark glasses

You are Yasser Marrowfat, and I demand peas, in the Middle East!

• Lol 6

2 minutes ago, eight said:

You are Yasser Marrowfat, and I demand peas, in the Middle East!

I too demand peas . "Peas are good" as somebody said in the 90s.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

That's fine .... the magic words are 'I have a medical exemption and a medical reason for not wearing a mask' .... then you just get on with your life.  Don't give these arseholes the reaction they want.

Of course, if they get arsey themselves then it's time to take that to another level ... but they would be clearly, as others have said, not party to any private medical information.  The legislation as it is written down and passed by parliament is clear on this issue for medical exemptions too.

There is nothing in any law about having some stupid ass 'doctors note' - as if this would happen!  There is nothing to refer to in law.  They can bleat all they want about 'policies' and the 'spirit of the law' but unless it is explicitly written down then you are free to do otherwise .... so fuck them.

btw I applied for their '10% off for NHS staff' discount cards, I'd love to be in this situation ... not wearing a mask, them getting arsey, then I whip out my magic talisman NHS discount card and ask if they will not be accepting this ... and if they're OK with discriminating against a hard working NHS worker who has a hidden disability .... are they some sort of bigots!!?!?

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JFK said:

you smooth talking bastard yer

I suppose I am really. I'm only reasonably OK looking, but I find talking will get you somewhere, sometimes.

Propaganda to instil fear.

It works, because it's added to my anxiety given me another opportunity to prove my courage.

Fuck the Manchester Evening News and all the other shitty local "news" sources that use that format.

• Agree 1

What annoys me is the way they perpetuate the myth that masks are highly effective.

They do work a bit -- perhaps offer protection of '20%' or so -- ie, out of 5 opportunities for the virus to get you, it'll infect you 4 times if you wear a mask.

What would actually help is people going to the shops less often, particularly the elderly (who seem to either be isolating at home or popping out daily, AFAIKT).

Ie, going to the shops and getting a big 4 pints of milk might mean you only need to go once a week compared with every day if you buy half a pint each time (like my aunt).  Going once a week instead of every day would reduce your chances of getting covid by 85%.

But they never say this.  I think it is just so bizarre.

Perhaps it could be stated as 'every time you go to a public space like the shops you'll literally have blood on your hands -- for the sake of everyone just don't go unless absolutely essential -- and absolutely definitely don't think that it's okay because I'm wearing a mask'.

• Agree 7

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Theyre putting bouncers on the doors to enforce this.

Thats the end of me going there, i'll go to the German shops and Tesco.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BoSon said:

Just enough so you can’t breathe...

• Lol 1

1 hour ago, JFK said:

That's fine .... the magic words are 'I have a medical exemption and a medical reason for not wearing a mask' .... then you just get on with your life.  Don't give these arseholes the reaction they want.

When i was asked by a thick cunt at Mcdonalds Kings X as to why i didn't have a mask for buying a Strawberry Milkshake, i told him i've got cancer (just had a grade 0 crew cut).

But i cant be doing with going somewhere knowing there is a chance of conflict, when it can be avoided.

I do wonder how the nation is going to get back to some kind of normality, especially as Gove, Hancock and Witless seem to be in total control and absolutely loving this.

• Agree 3

Yadda yadda yadda
7 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Security on the doors is new, enforcing it is new.

Debating with a thick cunt to be allowed to buy some food is something that i just won't do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55618408
image.png.3edb0383233984d04706f551faa13a6b.png

If they're using nightclub bouncers the big tits exemption will get teenage girls in no bother. Probably skip the queue too.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Talking to a woman you bump into in ASDA will get you a damn sight further than all of that Tinder shite that all the losers on here waste so much time and money on. 

There may well be an "smart"-phone "app" for every conceivable thing in the world right now, but the old-fashioned methods are tried and trusted, and not just some technological "flash in the pan"...

XYY

Think you mean Grindr as opposed to Tinder.

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Talking to a woman you bump into in ASDA will get you a damn sight further than all of that Tinder shite that all the losers on here waste so much time and money on. 

There may well be an "smart"-phone "app" for every conceivable thing in the world right now, but the old-fashioned methods are tried and trusted, and not just some technological "flash in the pan"...

XYY

I saw a black lady yesterday. I helped her with her bags. I hope I don't get banned.

• Cheers 1