DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Anyone else had this?

Woke up the other day with a chickenpox type rash all over one side of my torso. Thought it might be shingles, but it's now on the right hand side as well, and you only get shingles on one side.

I've also had 'Covid Toes'  - blisters/inflammation like chillblains/whitlows on two toes.

Checked online and apparently 1 in 5 Covid positive testers get this, but it's not considered an 'official' sign by the NHS.  Probably because the health system would collapse with all the false alarms.

It's usually in children or people with strong immune systems who usually don't get any other symptoms, and can persist months after getting infected.

Anyway, have decided to self-isolate for a few days (which isn't difficult as there's bugger all happening anyway). Don't intend to have a swab stuck up my nose or have anything to do with Our Wonderful NHS unless absolutely necessary. 

3 minutes ago, ccc said:

Could also be HIV so I wouldn't worry too much about the covid. :Old:

The doctor told me I have Alzheimer's....

...but at least I don't have Alzheimer's.

I've also not been indulging much in needle sharing or gay bum sex lately, so it's probably not HIV either.

Edited by Austin Allegro

20201107_000320.thumb.jpg.b62d7db7b78f40b4c6eab89a8d88dffe.jpg

Pretty certain this was COVID finger. Wife had at the same time. End of September. a chillblain. Took 3 weeks to vanish.

Largely certain my second infection. no test for me at that 2nd point. Didnt recognise it for 2 weeks. 

Lots citing the paper it doesnt happen. My younger brother had similar ( no contact)..2nd infection a month later, October.. For me..less than first. Mild tiredness and annoying finger. My brother had the chicken pox type rash 2nd time. Tested positive both tests. His wife then...autoimmune issues..49..had 4 weeks with covid then pneumonia (secondary bacterial) in hospital.

I am counting on nature has me on side. It is lessening.

3 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

20201107_000320.thumb.jpg.b62d7db7b78f40b4c6eab89a8d88dffe.jpg

Pretty certain this was COVID finger. Wife had at the same time. End of September. a chillblain. Took 3 weeks to vanish.

Largely certain my second infection. no test for me at that 2nd point. Didnt recognise it for 2 weeks. 

Lots citing the paper it doesnt happen. My younger brother had similar ( no contact)..2nd infection a month later, October.. For me..less than first. Mild tiredness and annoying finger. My brother had the chicken pox type rash 2nd time. Tested positive both tests. His wife then...autoimmune issues..49..had 4 weeks with covid then pneumonia (secondary bacterial) in hospital.

I am counting on nature has me on side. It is lessening.

Yes, that's what I had. I thought at first it was a herpetic whitlow, which I've had before, but it's slightly different.  Only lasted a few days in both cases, I just put a plaster over it and had no problems.

The rash is slightly itchy but nothing too bad, certainly nothing like eczema which I've had in the past. I just don't want to risk spreading it to the lady friend so we're in celibate mode at the moment.

How long did your brother's rash last for?

12 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

You've got mange. Have you been outside near where the fixed scratch.

Sorry, don't understand the question.

I've had a look at mange in humans pictures and it's not quite the same. This is more like a shingles/chickenpox rash.

Also, it doesn't itch hardly at all, and mange is supposed to be very itchy I thought.

Edited by Austin Allegro
3 minutes ago, highbot said:

Weird, this is the first I've heard of covid skin stuff but I've currently got what feels like a mild cold and itchy fingers on my right hand that I had assumed was to do with the cold weather.

It won't just be itchy if it's Covid fingers, you'll get a raised swelling and redness.

16 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Sorry, don't understand the question.

I've had a look at mange in humans pictures and it's not quite the same. This is more like a shingles/chickenpox rash.

Also, it doesn't itch hardly at all, and mange is supposed to be very itchy I thought.

Contact allergy?

Not itching rules out lots. 

2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Yes, that's what I had. I thought at first it was a herpetic whitlow, which I've had before, but it's slightly different.  Only lasted a few days in both cases, I just put a plaster over it and had no problems.

The rash is slightly itchy but nothing too bad, certainly nothing like eczema which I've had in the past. I just don't want to risk spreading it to the lady friend so we're in celibate mode at the moment.

How long did your brother's rash last for?

My brothers rash lasted about 3 days.

The finger nail indention is a Beaus line. It is a sign of a systemic insult.

I have two. A long ongoing fungal nail that changes every now and then. 

The second...the. COVID finger. Finger fine now and it is growing out. Late spring will be gone. Your past infectious at this point.

6 minutes ago, The Grey Man said:

My brothers rash lasted about 3 days.

The finger nail indention is a Beaus line. It is a sign of a systemic insult.

I have two. A long ongoing fungal nail that changes every now and then. 

The second...the. COVID finger. Finger fine now and it is growing out. Late spring will be gone. Your past infectious at this point.

I should say..once the line appears.

You can work out by nail growth when you were hit by something.

Choose your own nail growth rate from the internet.

4 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Anyone else had this?

Woke up the other day with a chickenpox type rash all over one side of my torso. Thought it might be shingles, but it's now on the right hand side as well, and you only get shingles on one side.

I've also had 'Covid Toes'  - blisters/inflammation like chillblains/whitlows on two toes.

Checked online and apparently 1 in 5 Covid positive testers get this, but it's not considered an 'official' sign by the NHS.  Probably because the health system would collapse with all the false alarms.

It's usually in children or people with strong immune systems who usually don't get any other symptoms, and can persist months after getting infected.

Anyway, have decided to self-isolate for a few days (which isn't difficult as there's bugger all happening anyway). Don't intend to have a swab stuck up my nose or have anything to do with Our Wonderful NHS unless absolutely necessary. 

@stokiescum posted a photo a few weeks ago of his son with such a rash. Think he came through OK though.

I had the chilblain toes back in March.

10 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

@stokiescum posted a photo a few weeks ago of his son with such a rash. Think he came through OK though.

I had the chilblain toes back in March.

Yes thought it was chicken pox so kept him off ironically his sister did not get it.but I then started with a bit of a rash which thank god was not shingles .then I’d get random itchiness which is prob why I bought a shit load of anti histamines when drunk the other night.I’m sober tonight so things are comeing back to me 

533098A9-B7BC-4C62-8852-581C7DD3990B.jpeg

Edited by stokiescum

I haven’t had any skin rashes other than on and off hand/wrist dermatitis for many years. I’ve avoided chemicals as much as possible for years now. Sometimes I’ve reluctantly and sparingly used prescribed betnovate? cream (steroid). My tube of it is probably out of date now.

Throughout the “pandemic” I’ve stood my ground and refused to get sprayed with hand sanitiser and avoided unnecessary hand washing /cleaning chemicals as I usually do.

One of the most painful things was getting splits on my fingers. I upped my winter vit d3 +k2? and added supplements of vit c +zinc from late summer this year and my dermatitis problem has been minimal with none of the painful splits in my fingers. For a while I’ve taken omega 3 and vit b supplements and more recently magnesium on and off.

I have an intriguing skin complaint though. Constant scratches on my back despite sleeping alone for many years although my dogs are often sleeping on the bed.

Being rational I think dogs have scratched me when I’m in a deep sleep to wake me up because they need to go in the garden. That is a plausible explanation.

The other thought I have is that I’m scratching myself during sleep but the location of some of the scratches is impossible for me to be the culprit.

Please don’t offer any supernatural explanations of this enigma because I’ve read them too and don’t like them.

12 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Yes thought it was chicken pox so kept him off ironically his sister did not get it.but I then started with a bit of a rash which thank god was not shingles .then I’d get random itchiness which is prob why I bought a shit load of anti histamines when drunk the other night.I’m sober tonight so things are comeing back to me 

533098A9-B7BC-4C62-8852-581C7DD3990B.jpeg

That looks similar to what I've got, but the spots are smaller and closer together and there are more of them.

It seems to be dying down a little now, so hopefully I've managed to pull through the most deadly virus in history.

Leaving it a few days before seeing the other half, just in case I develop dry cough, fever etc.