DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Be careful, Covid Can strike anyone, any time

Roger_Mellie

JoeDavola

The family are now struggling to understand how she deteriorated so quickly.

Lauren had suffered from a condition called complex regional pain syndrome in her foot, which meant she used crutches. She also had high blood pressure - but her parents say it was nothing that meant she would have been more at risk.

Seriously?

Can nobody speak the truth any more that this young woman was in terrible health, in a big way due to lifestyle-related obesity, and therefore was at higher risk?

• Agree 7

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Can nobody speak the truth any more

That wouldn't be woke, think of the feelz and bad karma on social media if you spoke the truth.

• Informative 1

M S E Refugee
2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Seriously?

Can nobody speak the truth any more that this young woman was in terrible health, in a big way due to lifestyle-related obesity, and therefore was at higher risk?

Much easier to blame Covid rather than their terrible parenting.

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

Austin Allegro
2 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

So clinically obese her feet are fucked and she needs crutches to walk, with high blood pressure at 25.

I said I'd never trust the media ever again after the Iraq dossiers, but the last twelve months has taken it all to a level I wouldn't have thought possible. 

For now though, they want their story to be a warning.

"This is real," added Karen. "We stuck to the rules and it still got us. It's out there and it could come for you."

If they stuck to the rules and it still got them, what is the point of sticking to the rules?

Or is the implication that the rules aren't strict enough?

Come on BBC, you're slipping.

• Agree 7

stop_the_craziness
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

"This is real," added Karen. "We stuck to the rules and it still got us. It's out there and it could come for you."

If they stuck to the rules and it still got them, what is the point of sticking to the rules?

Or is the implication that the rules aren't strict enough?

Come on BBC, you're slipping.

Coming out at a time just before the rules get stricter?  Honestly, it's getting insulting now.  We've all been nudged so many times it's a wonder half of us haven't fallen off a cliff by now.

• Agree 6
  • Cheers 1

sarahbell
3 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

So clinically obese her feet are fucked and she needs crutches to walk, with high blood pressure at 25.

I said I'd never trust the media ever again after the Iraq dossiers, but the last twelve months has taken it all to a level I wouldn't have thought possible. 

Did you see she worked at a GP surgery

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

MrLibertyRedux
6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Yes! I was that incredulous I just posted the comment and then went for a cuppa to calm down.

Edited by MrLibertyRedux
Correction
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Bornagain
3 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

The truth is the first casualty of war.

• Agree 7

Democorruptcy

The thread title just made me look over my shoulder then to see if there was anything lurking behind me.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

MrLibertyRedux
2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

The thread title just made me look over my shoulder then to see if there was anything lurking behind me.

You need to be careful. When Covid turns up and says "you were looking at my bird" that is when you need to really start worrying.

• Lol 3

One percent
5 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Well we are in pantomime season, or we would be if we were allo out, so I’ll bite. 

ITS BEHING YOU. 

OH NO IT ISNT.

ETC infinitum. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

She also had high blood pressure - but her parents say it was nothing that meant she would have been more at risk.

---

"This is real," added Karen. "We stuck to the rules and it still got us. It's out there and it could come for you

This is sad, but people need to take a look at what they are doing. Having high blood pressure is extra risk. Even if you stick to the rules, people that are at risk maybe taking unnecessary risks - such as going to the shops every day just because you can, or having house members doing the same.

I have high blood pressure (or have been diagnosed with hypertension), am I at increased risk from coronavirus?

We know that a diagnosis of high blood pressure (hypertension) is linked to a higher risk of serious illness from Covid-19, and therefore you are considered at high risk. This means if you get coronavirus you are more likely to become seriously ill than someone who doesn’t have health problems. 

As you have high blood pressure, it's very important you take your medication (including ACE-inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers) as prescribed, to lower your blood pressure. [continues at link] https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health#Heading1

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

People really need to be told.  'Sticking to the rules' means about 20% less risk of covid for a given behaviour, which is completely negated (and then some) by having more risky behaviours because 'you're sticking to the rules'.

This youngster could have been saved from covid if only the advice was better.  Oh you, you over there.  You might be young, but you're fat and in dreadful health.  If you get covid there's a really good chance you'll die.  Wearing a mask, social distancing and mask wearing will help you, but only a little -- don't rely on them.  For you (not your mates -- YOU) the way to survive this is to just stop interacting with others, and making sure your family members do the same.  Not, 'oh, it's okay, I'm wearing a mask to go out', but no interactions at all.  And don't complain about others flouting the rules while you're obeying them -- they're probably young, fit and healthy and won't die if they get it.

• Agree 10

Bornagain
21 hours ago, dgul said:

This youngster could have been saved from covid if only the advice was better.  Oh you, you over there.  You might be young, but you're fat and in dreadful health.  If you get covid there's a really good chance you'll die.  Wearing a mask, social distancing and mask wearing will help you, but only a little -- don't rely on them.  For you (not your mates -- YOU) the way to survive this is to just stop interacting with others, and making sure your family members do the same.  Not, 'oh, it's okay, I'm wearing a mask to go out', but no interactions at all.  And don't complain about others flouting the rules while you're obeying them -- they're probably young, fit and healthy and won't die if they get it.

.....oh, and while you are at it, the best thing you could do to protect yourself would be to lose half your bodyweight.

• Agree 3

crashmonitor
On 12/01/2021 at 16:47, sarahbell said:

Clearly did the right thing  and stayed at home to protect the NHS getting morbidly obese;).  Michael Gove ( one hour exercise limit) and the Derbyshire Police would be proud of her. Looks like she went the extra mile  ( not the best of puns) and did none.

Edited by crashmonitor
  • Cheers 1

On 12/01/2021 at 12:43, Roger_Mellie said:

Even people in the prime of their life. 

Like this poor girl, taken before her time. And her parents survived. Cruel, cruel Covid. Why did this happen? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55622371

I'd covered this case in another thread.   She had no underlying health conditions know to be linked to covid .... except being a fat fuck, with a hugely stressed cardiovascular system (that seems to me .... slightly linked to a virus that primary attacks the respiratory tract ...), a screwed up body, likely poor nutrient status, micro-nutrients (vit D etc) .... I suppose she must be just one of those unlucky young people who are dying from/associated/with (delete as you wish) from the plague ...

• Agree 1

They ran a similar story on the evening news a couple of nights back, this time with some young bloke with asthma who nearly died. I was even swallowing the BS till he made some comment about ‘and i lost several stone, down from 20, while ill”. So, Male land whale then. Major risk factor right there, plain as day.

The clues were there all along in his oddly rounded face, TBH.

Edited by Melchett
  • Agree 2

Frank Hovis
5 minutes ago, Melchett said:

They ran a similar story on the evening news a couple of nights back, this time with some young bloke with asthma who nearly died. I was even swallowing the BS till he made some comment about ‘and i lost several stone, down from 20, while ill”. So, Male land whale then. Major risk factor right there, plain as day.

The clues were there all along in his oddly rounded face, TBH.

The asthma was probably far more of a problem.

If you think back a year the main problem from Covid was identified as its producing fluid in the lungs which hugely inhibited oxygen take up; hence the use of ventilators.

I know someone with long term lung problems, his own fault - heavy smoking (no longer but for many years) and inhaling whatever solvents when younger - and he has had it bad for a month with oxygen levels low and monitored with an instruction to call for an ambulance immediately they hit a particular point.

If I had any kind of breathing difficulty I would have been self-isolating because that's the huge risk factor rather than weight; though of course the one can lead to the other.

• Agree 1