DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

A new bitcoin : Pi Network

Jesus Wept

Jesus Wept

Hi all

Anyone heard of this ‘new cryptocurrency? I downloaded the app and am mining pi coin.

You can just have it on your phone - take 30s of your time each day. What you got to lose? 

Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide.

Download the app:

https://minepi.com/Argominer

and use my username (Argominer) as your invitation code.

There’s a ‘slim chance’ you might get in on the ground floor or a new cryptocurrency that might be worth loads in 10-20 years. Something that might surpass bitcoin and ethereum! Imagine that! 

@haroldshand This could be right up your street. Let me know what you think.

8DCD22BA-D4E6-40EE-A3BE-6A11B9CB7F2D.thumb.jpeg.9e7a154fa31214690f1b3e48a7b564ed.jpeg

0D44030B-F5A3-4EB1-9237-12A42A24CDBF.thumb.jpeg.9865e0048480dce4bb08161f086784ca.jpeg

Edited by Vendetta

18 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Hi all

Anyone heard of this ‘new cryptocurrency? I downloaded the app and am mining pi coin.

Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide.

Download the app:

https://minepi.com/Argominer

and use my username (Argominer) as your invitation code.

There’s a ‘slim chance’ you might get in on the ground floor or a new cryptocurrency that might be worth loads in 10-20 years. Something that might surpass bitcoin and ethereum! Imagine that! 

8DCD22BA-D4E6-40EE-A3BE-6A11B9CB7F2D.thumb.jpeg.9e7a154fa31214690f1b3e48a7b564ed.jpeg

0D44030B-F5A3-4EB1-9237-12A42A24CDBF.thumb.jpeg.9865e0048480dce4bb08161f086784ca.jpeg

Right I'm off mining.  While waiting for this to take off I'll carry on trading these little babies. You can make decent money trading if you breed right.

https://www.cryptokitties.co/

All the attributes of crypto coins but more fun.

• Lol 1

Jesus Wept
3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Right I'm off mining.  While waiting for this to take off I'll carry on trading these little babies. You can make decent money trading if you breed right.

I’ve got this one. I’m after a ginger cat with red eyes. Do you happen to have one of those (see pic below) ? I’ll trade ya.

92A1D0D4-6461-45D5-8144-A74F15BDD8DB.jpeg

I thought this was going to be about mining on Raspberry Pi -- I did download a Pi thing, Skycoin, but it doesn't seem to make much sense as a thing, even if the skycoins did pile up (while simultaneously decreasing in value).

4 minutes ago, snaga said:

a mobile app? isn't that just going to kill battery life?

It'll be fine for people here because we all leave our smartphones at home, apparently.

3 minutes ago, dgul said:

I thought this was going to be about mining on Raspberry Pi -- I did download a Pi thing, Skycoin, but it doesn't seem to make much sense as a thing, even if the skycoins did pile up (while simultaneously decreasing in value).

It'll be fine for people here because we all leave our smartphones at home, apparently.

and we're all stuck at home now anyway.

The Generation Game
10 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I’m stuck on level 3040 on candycrush

This thread is about cookie clicker. 

Jesus Wept
10 minutes ago, snaga said:

No it actually doesn’t. I’ve been testing it.

King Penda
13 minutes ago, dgul said:

I do 2 of them

42 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Hi all

Is there no way to run that on an emulator -- maybe open lots of instances of the argominer and have a software equivalent to 'pressing the screen' to make it all automatic?

21 minutes ago, snaga said:

No, because it isn't a miner.

All the Pi Coins are pre-mined.  The smartphone app is just a way to get engagement with the community (IMO mainly) and a means to ensure that coin issuance is sort-of related to number-of-people-interested (makes sense, but marketing is probably more important).

• Informative 1

34 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Rare Pepe's were first!

abstract pepe.png

Jesus Wept
4 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Not another shitcoin (sigh) :CryBaby:

Lots of those ‘shitcoins’ have gone to the mooooon btw! 😉

Green Devil
14 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

But a lot more have gone to zero :CryBaby:

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Well done. 

You have clearly mastered keeping the different colours between the black lines with your crayons, and I think you may now be old enough for some felt-tip pens...

XYY

WHATEVER X.png

• Lol 4

Yadda yadda yadda
23 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I'll give it a go. No cost. Not sure how it will ever gain value though.

Jesus Wept
30 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

But a lot more have gone to zero :CryBaby:

True - but no financial investment here. Just 30s of your time every morning when you’re having a crap. Press a button. 

20 years time we may all be millionaires....🤣

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Covid19 and life to go
1 hour ago, Vendetta said:

True - but no financial investment here. Just 30s of your time every morning when you’re having a crap. Press a button. 

20 years time we may all be millionaires....🤣

Are you on commission?  You are aren't you!!

Jesus Wept
6 minutes ago, Covid19 and life to go said:

Are you on commission?  You are aren't you!!

Download it and see. The more people you have in your mining group the higher your mining rate.

You can do the same. 

So yes it is in my best interest to refer people. 

Totally cost free and no scam I promise. Highly likely our coins may never be worth anything - but imagine if they were and you turned this opportunity down as you couldn’t be bothered with a 2min task to sign up. 

We could buy the island with our proceeds in by 2030! 

Give it a go! 

Edited by Vendetta