DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Just how am I supposed to know about Covid restrictions?

16 minutes ago, Byron said:

I am an OAP. Since last August because of the TV licence fiasco, I switched off my TV.

I don't get newspapers and am self isolating.

Today my son told me that a couple who drove 5 miles to visit an old relative in a home have been fined because 'Their journey was unnecessary'

I was totally unaware that there are travel restrictions in Wales and have been driving all over the place to avoid chronic boredom. I don't get out of the car in order to avoid contact with others.

My son who had last week off visited me every day. He has told me that every time he came he brought some food for me and that is apparently a legal reason, but how am I supposed to find out?

So, it's OK for the politicians in Cardiff, drunk with power, but shouldn't they make some sort of arrangements to tell people like me?

Don’t go stealing my defence .

27 minutes ago, Byron said:

Today my son told me that a couple who drove 5 miles to visit an old relative in a home have been fined because 'Their journey was unnecessary'

They should be more like Boris and ride a bike 7 miles from home to see no one, that journey is not at all unnecessary.

Just do whatever you want and dont worry about plod.

8 minutes ago, Hancock said:

They should be more like Boris and ride a bike 7 miles from home to see no one, that journey is not at all unnecessary.

Just do whatever you want and dont worry about plod.

I don’t if I get fined it’s comeing from goverment coffers to goverment coffers it’s the circle of life 

1 minute ago, whitevanman said:

My elderly neighbour’s wife died recently and he’s doing all the things she stopped him from doing. He’s cancelled the tv licence and he flagrantly disregards the COVID rules. He’s hoping he’ll get arrested as he reckons it’ll be a lark. He’d fit right in on DOSDODS

Sighn him up .I’m causing chaos on Facebook takeing the piss showing politicians and police breaking the rules and linking how the normal flu jab offers protection against it has I insist on calling it Chinese flu im

a wracist .even had one cunt say if he knew where I lived he would twat me ffs lol.I’m loveing it 

32 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I don’t if I get fined it’s comeing from goverment coffers to goverment coffers it’s the circle of life 

I reckon those getting fined will get it all back at some point, as there is bound to be some sort of class action that applies to all fines at some point .... Maybe in a 3 or 4 decades when we're allowed out again.

26 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

had one cunt say if he knew where I lived he would twat me ffs lol.I’m loveing it 

So the Covidlovers are all for caring about life, but only the lives of covidlovers.

I dont think i could tolerate the people of facebook they sound worse than in real life.

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Osmosis.

You've posted on a forum which w whole section dedicated to discussing covid.

Yes, but those discussions are mostly about the English rules which are different. So that makes it even more confusing.

In Wales the news coverage is awful. If you're not in a position to watch the actual live briefings then you can't find out what's been said afterwards. All the reporting is emotional reaction pieces that don't give any clue to what's actually going on. You know the sort of shit. "Fatima is upset by the new rules because they don't take into account the disproportionate impact of covid on gender neutral practitioners of basket weaving".

xD

I found the same when I had to go cross state borders before Christmas.  No single federal page showing what the requirements were - every state had a different way of 'telling' you what the demands were that day.  Even the police at borders were going off word of mouth as much as a clear written directive from a single source, from what I could tell.

5 hours ago, Byron said:

I am an OAP. Since last August because of the TV licence fiasco, I switched off my TV.

I don't get newspapers and am self isolating.

I was totally unaware that there are travel restrictions in Wales and have been driving all over the place to avoid chronic boredom. I don't get out of the car in order to avoid contact with others.

My son who had last week off visited me every day. He has told me that every time he came he brought some food for me and that is apparently a legal reason, but how am I supposed to find out?

So, it's OK for the politicians in Cardiff, drunk with power, but shouldn't they make some sort of arrangements to tell people like me?

Just fill the back of your car with taped up empty brown boxes, wear a hi-viz vest and then drive anywhere you like including probably secure military bases with a confident smile and wave.

I think Wales is probably the worst though. I still travelled all over the country in the first lockdown, last March, and Wales was the only place I was stopped by Police for the car numberplate not being registered locally from an ANPR check.

5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Just fill the back of your car with taped up empty brown boxes, wear a hi-viz vest and then drive anywhere you like including probably secure military bases with a confident smile and wave.

I think Wales is probably the worst though. I still travelled all over the country in the first lockdown, last March, and Wales was the only place I was stopped by Police for the car numberplate not being registered locally from an ANPR check.

I always think a printed sign with 'AWAITING RESULTS OF LIVE COVID TEST, CAUTION' would be handy in your car.

4 hours ago, whitevanman said:

My elderly neighbour’s wife died recently and he’s doing all the things she stopped him from doing. He’s cancelled the tv licence and he flagrantly disregards the COVID rules. He’s hoping he’ll get arrested as he reckons it’ll be a lark. He’d fit right in on DOSDODS

I almost deliberately seek experiences outside normal comfort zones but having experienced Police custody it’s not something I fondly recall as a bit of a lark. I can guarantee as soon as it gets to the point of removing belt and shoes it won’t be. The experience of being properly handcuffed en route hits you with a surprisingly emasculating sideswipe.

8 hours ago, stokiescum said:

It’s fun I’ve had death threats a all sorts 

I remember when criminals would nick Sierra 4x4's and RS Cosworth's and do really cool armed robberies of Securicor vans, then go and live in Spain whilst sticking their fingers up the law.

Seems the next generation of badboys will do you in for saying the a cold virus won't kill you, and its a load of bollocks to be locked up by HMG.

20 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I remember when criminals would nick Sierra 4x4's and RS Cosworth's and do really cool armed robberies of Securicor vans, then go and live in Spain whilst sticking their fingers up the law.

Seems the next generation of badboys will do you in for saying the a cold virus won't kill you, and its a load of bollocks to be locked up by HMG.

To be fair I can really wind some up no sense of humour.