DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Show us yer bangerz

Sugarlips

Sugarlips

For those who enjoy bangernomics.

i had the Volvo v40 for just 6 months in the end, at 180,000 Kms the engine still had loads of life left but niggly things kept cropping up like the accelerator cable snapped without warning causing me to have to push it home then the drivers seat belt mechanism jammed rendering the belt useless, the radio packed up cos I didn’t have a code when I replaced the battery and so on..

Parts out here were proving harder than I realized so when I was offered a quick 80% profit (CoVID tax) I took it and bought this instead. It’s a Mitsubishi 380 (called the Galant in the US), locally made so parts are easily and cheaply sourced. It’s a 3.8l petrol manual so yes thirsty but that makes them out of favour ie cheap to buy plus I don’t commute so petrol is not a big deal, it’s otherwise ideal for my needs and has some get up and go. This one has only done 120,000kms in 15 years so should do me for a while.

B8480EC5-1406-47DC-B36A-E1F9F904166F.jpeg

03BB3D87-CAB9-4754-8A06-2B88CCAE804F.jpeg

ED54A978-D1DC-4D30-A70B-58715DE2F9F3.jpeg

Edited by Sugarlips
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Sugarlips
16 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

I've owned this for over a decade and I really want to move it on this year.

DSC_0603.JPG

Why, what’s out there that’s better for the money, or is it on its last legs? Looks tidy enough from 10ft

15 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

Why, what’s out there that’s better for the money, or is it on its last legs? Looks tidy enough from 10ft

Shame?

• Lol 4

Sugarlips
5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Shame?

Chances are it would cost less to own outright than 6 months PCP on a shameful Dacia or MG

Edited by Sugarlips
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

Chances are it would cost less to own outright than 6 months PCP on a shameful Dacia or MG

Yeah, I was being facaetious. I agree with the thread premise. I think the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned cost £7k and most have been under £2k.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

It's a bit of a bus to drive. I'm quite keen on replacing it with a city car that will hopefully be nearly as fun to drive as my old Minis and so I can thrash the nuts off the small petrol engine. 

Democorruptcy
9 hours ago, UmBongo said:

I've owned this for over a decade and I really want to move it on this year.

DSC_0603.JPG

The windscreen looks damaged but it's probably not in your view?

26 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

The windscreen looks damaged but it's probably not in your view?

That might be the reflection of the dashcam if its the bit of light near the top centre. There are a few tiny cracks actually in the driver's view, gets picked up as advisories at MOT time but the cracks haven't spread.

Democorruptcy
36 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

That might be the reflection of the dashcam if its the bit of light near the top centre. There are a few tiny cracks actually in the driver's view, gets picked up as advisories at MOT time but the cracks haven't spread.

Oh.... does it get picked up on MOT advisories? I had no idea :Jumping:

Sugarlips
6 hours ago, UmBongo said:

It's a bit of a bus to drive. I'm quite keen on replacing it with a city car that will hopefully be nearly as fun to drive as my old Minis and so I can thrash the nuts off the small petrol engine. 

Depending how small, some of the PistonHeads crowd swear by the Toyota Aygo for cheap reliable fun.They don’t sell them out here. All the ubereats drivers are instead using the Yaris 1.3 here, very popular.

• Cheers 1

Roger_Mellie
4 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

, some of the PistonHeads crowd swear by the Toyota Aygo for cheap reliable fun.

Dogging? 

swiss_democracy_for_all
14 hours ago, UmBongo said:

Get an early BMW I3 if that's what you like doing and you never go far. Highly maneuvrable little City rocket, way faster and more maneuvrable than any petrol equivalent, but no petrol engine noise.  An early one with a load of scrapes on the paintwork shouldn't be too much now.

Sugarlips
3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

That a '99 Cadillac STS, and a '90 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT.

😎 Bit nice to qualify I would’ve thought, but maybe not, maybe we need to set a thread budget, £1500?

1 minute ago, Sugarlips said:

😎 Bit nice to qualify I would’ve thought, but maybe not, maybe we need to set a thread budget, £1500?

Neither of them cost much. I just buy what nobody else wants.

2017_03_28 008.JPG

• Cheers 3

57 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Get an early BMW I3 if that's what you like doing and you never go far. Highly maneuvrable little City rocket, way faster and more maneuvrable than any petrol equivalent, but no petrol engine noise.  An early one with a load of scrapes on the paintwork shouldn't 

I really like the electric BMWs. An i3 sounds ideal but I fear still a lot more than I want to pay. Also I don't have anywhere to charge it up as I live in an upper floor flat. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
52 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

I really like the electric BMWs. An i3 sounds ideal but I fear still a lot more than I want to pay. Also I don't have anywhere to charge it up as I live in an upper floor flat. 

This is my issue or I'd already have an electric. They don't make much sense unless you have home charging IMO.

• Agree 2

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

get an ebike!! :) them clever Swissies are making some nice stuff https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/models/e-bike-amp.html

Nah, too much trouble to have a (very) expensive bike. The communal bike shed/room isn't safe, and it's a pain putting one in the cellar.

All these new electric technologies are shite for people who don't live in houses with plenty of space and home charging ability. The authorities are doing virtually nothing to encourage apartment-dwellers (which is most people in Geneva) to go electric - supporting infrastructure is required. Same in the UK.