DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Itaconix (ITX)

Castlevania

To add I don’t understand what they do. They’ll either go bust, your shares diluted to next to nothing or make you a killing. If I were to invest I wouldn’t speculate more than what I can save in one month.

• Agree 1
Yadda yadda yadda
13 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

To add I don’t understand what they do. They’ll either go bust, your shares diluted to next to nothing or make you a killing. If I were to invest I wouldn’t speculate more than what I can save in one month.

I put £65 on this horse. Whilst it could be a faller I like that it owns patents.  I like the scale of the industries it could sell into. I like that it does have sales. Those sales are to good sized companies like Croda and they're growing. There is a good chance it turns a profit soon. It could also get taken over.

So I see it as a 20/1 each way bet.

Apps like trading212 that allow you to buy shares without paying commission mean that you can easily take small bets on companies like this, depending on platform availability.

• Agree 2
Castlevania
19 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

I put £65 on this horse. Whilst it could be a faller I like that it owns patents.  I like the scale of the industries it could sell into. I like that it does have sales. Those sales are to good sized companies like Croda and they're growing. There is a good chance it turns a profit soon. It could also get taken over.

So I see it as a 20/1 each way bet.

Apps like trading212 that allow you to buy shares without paying commission mean that you can easily take small bets on companies like this, depending on platform availability.

That’s the thing. £65 if they went bust is nothing. Would you put up a grand? £10k? 

• Agree 1
Yadda yadda yadda
20 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

That’s the thing. £65 if they went bust is nothing. Would you put up a grand? £10k? 

No. I did think of doing a few hundred. It is just a punt. I would consider putting up to 1% of my money on a series of little punts but that would probably be between 10 or 20 of them. However, I would probably end up spending an obsessive amount of time tracking them.

This is the most punty share I own. Arguably more than Argo, which won't go bust any time soon. Hence the tiny stake. It is another thing to do whilst this lockdown continues.

The other thing I liked about this share was the big increase in volume lately. Something is up even if I end up on the wrong side of it.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

I think Symphony (LON:SYM) are similar and have a similar market cap. They make plastic additives which cause plastic to disintegrate in the water, but also they have anti-bacterial additives.

However the bio-degradable part is banned in the EU at the moment (under challenge).

They were break even in the past year and are not one of these companies that dilutes holders massively. I somehow think companies like ITX will do that under the pretext of telling a story.

On the minus side growth has been poor for a product that is supposedly going to be massively in demand.

So I think that is the problem with these. The big boys probably have departments bigger than these companies working on their own solutions which work just as well. 

• Agree 1
Vendetta
On 14/01/2021 at 22:28, Popuplights said:

Where do you find this one? Looks interesting.

11 hours ago, Castlevania said:

It’s in @Hardhat‘s thread on Clean Energy Investing

I hadn’t seen it in the clean energy thread. Just a coincidence.  I was talking to my brother about Argo just before Xmas - and telling him he’d be wise to get on board Argo  (he is emotionally / morally invested to bitcoin  and already had some coin). Anyway he bought some Argo and made a killing.

He then casually mentioned ITX but didn’t ‘sell it to me’. It was 1.9p. I looked it up but nothing jumped out. Anyway lo and behold it goes to 6p in the next week 300%. Fuck.

He has a mate who got in at 0.6p. I think he must have connections to the company. I am not invested yet. The financials looked a bit shitty to me. 

However 5 years ago it was valued at 29p and more.

Can anyone else add a bit more? I am going to speak to him today and find out more. I’ll get back to you all as soon as I do. 

I am not invested and think this could fall back to 2-3p easy given its balance sheet. Someone else with a bit more financial knowledge needs to take a look. 

Anyone?

• Cheers 1
Vendetta
10 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

No. I did think of doing a few hundred. It is just a punt. I would consider putting up to 1% of my money on a series of little punts but that would probably be between 10 or 20 of them. However, I would probably end up spending an obsessive amount of time tracking them.

This is the most punty share I own. Arguably more than Argo, which won't go bust any time soon. Hence the tiny stake. It is another thing to do whilst this lockdown continues.

The other thing I liked about this share was the big increase in volume lately. Something is up even if I end up on the wrong side of it.

When did you invest? Ages ago or just after this thread. My brother says he has ‘loads’ (in at 1.7p). Knowing him though that could be £200

Currently 5.7p

Has dropped from 6p since I mentioned it. 

Edited by Vendetta
Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Vendetta said:

When did you invest? Ages ago or just after this thread. My brother says he has ‘loads’ (in at 1.7p). Knowing him though that could be £200

Currently 5.7p

Has dropped from 6p since I mentioned it. 

Only bought some after reading your post, looking at some forums and reading their website. I noted they had a Corona virus type loan from the USA. I reckoned it would probably be enough to keep them going. Also guessing that if income kept improving as it had been then they'd be close to breakeven by this point.

It is only 65 quid at 5.7p per share so I didn't do a huge amount of due diligence. I just reckon the upside is a lot larger than the downside.

Will be interesting if you dig up some more info.

• Cheers 1

Remember the past price is not always comparable, 5 years ago they also had 77.9m shares compared to the 269.1m today, so there has been no real increase in market cap.

Personally I think this is not a genuine breakout, the volumes traded have not been much higher than previous big volume days. If you look at the Argo initial breakout, that was accompanied by a real big increase in volumes.

• Cheers 1
Yadda yadda yadda

Now at 6.5p. I could cash out for a nearly £8 profit!

• Lol 1
Yadda yadda yadda

Now up over £19 or approaching 30% on this little bet. 7.62p. Anyone put a decent amount in?

Vendetta
11 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Now up over £19 or approaching 30% on this little bet. 7.62p. Anyone put a decent amount in?

Yes......

My brother and his mate. “Loads from 0.6p about a year ago”. 

FFS....

Vendetta

This should fly tomorrow. 

11p target short term (3 months) 

Possible takeover coming. 

For the record I’m not investing. 

BDFFAC40-5DA3-4160-9CA9-4C20B55469DD.jpeg

4B8F8B96-D41C-4747-8360-BA608003F362.jpeg

Edited by Vendetta
Yadda yadda yadda
12 hours ago, Vendetta said:

This should fly tomorrow. 

11p target short term (3 months) 

Possible takeover coming. 

For the record I’m not investing. 

BDFFAC40-5DA3-4160-9CA9-4C20B55469DD.jpeg

4B8F8B96-D41C-4747-8360-BA608003F362.jpeg

I thought so too but you've given it the kiss of death there! :D

• Lol 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Yadda yadda yadda
6 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

@Yadda yadda yadda you got your Lear jet catalogue out yet??🤣🤣

Not yet, it was up more a week or ten days ago.

They put out a statement saying that earnings and cash on hand was ahead of market expectations. They didn't quantify that so there was a big pull back. Had a nice day today though.

We need some rocket ship emojis so I can properly indicate that I'm holding to the moon, which is a fair way past Lear jet territory.

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1
  • 2 months later...
Yadda yadda yadda

Been on a tear of late. Now through 9p and my £65 is now worth over £100.

@Vendetta how is your brother doing on this now? Loadsamoney?

Vendetta
2 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Been on a tear of late. Now through 9p and my £65 is now worth over £100.

@Vendetta how is your brother doing on this now? Loadsamoney?

He’s got a few £k in them I think. 

Said he is waiting for Unilever to buy them out one day the road. 

• Cheers 1
Vendetta
On 14/01/2021 at 21:52, Vendetta said:

£26m Market Cap.91E1CCB5-19AA-441F-A58C-007AEC018D70.thumb.jpeg.55745889acf963457d68dcb09ff38bc2.jpeg

76955BC5-7C35-40D5-BFBA-D7F74BCD4EE1.thumb.jpeg.05d5622ee453db3e69803df55f324cb4.jpeg

76955BC5-7C35-40D5-BFBA-D7F74BCD4EE1.thumb.jpeg.05d5622ee453db3e69803df55f324cb4.jpeg249745A7-8B31-40EF-B011-19A52A47BC00.thumb.jpeg.b3c08ca15f0e6dd53fd4c2d072cb2f44.jpeg

Up 60% since my tip.

Nice 10% rise today. 

Good price action.

Things going on behind the scenes. 

• Cheers 1
Yadda yadda yadda

Popped up again today. Anybody else get involved? Hope someone put proper money in rather than my little bet.