DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Why is this woman's Instagram account being broadcast by the BBC?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Half way down the story: "Talia's friend and producer, Brian May" 

How dare you! Don't you know it's perfectly normal to meet a musical icon in public and then just become mates with them? I first picked up a bass guitar because of John Deacon, queen's bass

That photo is the archetypal Dosbodder.

Posted Images

So we get used to her face learn about her condition and gain empathy for her.then once in a wheelchair she can carry on acting and singing has if nothing had happened.I can see her being cast has one of Henry the v111 wife’s or has a future dr who might be interesting seeing if she can out run a dalek mind 

Edited by stokiescum

"it took more than 15 years for her to get a diagnosis" - I call BS, we have an amazing national health service!

Ahh, I get it, its not a failing of the NHS to diagnose her its sexism!

"the condition has a tendency to be overlooked in women "

I only skimmed over it so didn't spot the reference to it being somehow blamed on Trump or the Tories.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/what-happened-x-factors-talia-17761111

A Surrey singer and former X Factor finalist is releasing a song co-written with Queen guitarist Brian May, who has been mentoring her since they met at Heathrow Airport.

Having met Brian May when she worked as a concierge, Talia struck up a friendship which resulted in the music legend playing on and producing the band's latest song, Get Up.

02.jpg

Edited by JoeDavola
Just now, One percent said:

Is that jimmy Savile?   Thought he was dead.  o.O

How dare you!

Don't you know it's perfectly normal to meet a musical icon in public and then just become mates with them?

I first picked up a bass guitar because of John Deacon, queen's bass player:

QueenOnline.com - John Deacon

Brb, off to ask John if he wants to be my mate and mentor me....

Ex-Queen bassist John Deacon is worth £105m but he's been a recluse for 30  years | Daily Mail Online

....oh....he told me to 'fuck off'.

Never mind.

I'll tell the BBC about my gammy leg and orthpedic shoe and get some publicity that way instead.

2 hours ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

Hardly a story in the national interest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-55567981

It’s there because news gathering and journalism doesn’t work how people think - ie like The Daily Planet, in Superman, fighting for truth and justice or ‘investigative journalism’, portrayed as operating like a private detective. In reality it just comes in from a very small number of approved sources. There’s no real calculation involved over which story to run in the way people imagine stuff is fighting for the front page.

10 minutes ago, SNACR said:

It’s there because news gathering and journalism doesn’t work how people think - ie like The Daily Planet, in Superman, fighting for truth and justice or ‘investigative journalism’, portrayed as operating like a private detective. In reality it just comes in from a very small number of approved sources. There’s no real calculation involved over which story to run in the way people imagine stuff is fighting for the front page.

Ah, like this one. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/55673077

Like, seriously, who gives a fuck?

Edited by The Generation Game
32 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes, right down to the seething anger plastered all over his face.

This is the first time since I joined ToS that I'm tempted to change my profile picture.

He looks like an aging criminal who knows that his last big job has gone wrong and the police will soon make their appearance.