DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Negative test or what?

sarahbell

sarahbell

Are airlines checking now if people have a negative test?

The tests are only as good as the moment they were done. How long before hand and without requiring people to isolate they can go and catch it anyway before they get on the plane.

How do you get from the airport to your house? 

Is it pointless?

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Are airlines checking now if people have a negative test?

The tests are only as good as the moment they were done. How long before hand and without requiring people to isolate they can go and catch it anyway before they get on the plane.

How do you get from the airport to your house? 

Is it pointless?

Yes. Totally and utterly.

• Agree 1

sarahbell
16 minutes ago, JFK said:

Yes. Totally and utterly.

And you have to quarantine for ten days too?

• Cheers 1

Democorruptcy

I remember reading a blog by an American living in Costa Rica last year. His suggestion was that the authorities tested people at the airport as they got on the plane. Then they worked on the test results and if anyone had tested positive, the plane was turned back from Costa Rica mid-air. He obviously didn't want any virus infected tourists landing near him! Imagine the wailing and finger pointing on the plane as it swung around to come back!

• Agree 1

I’m not sure what the rules are outbound,  but I think inbound to UK you need to be able to provide (when asked) a negative test from the last 72 hours otherwise it’s an on the spot £500 fine.  AFAIK it is up to you to get evidence of the test,  and I presume most other countries are asking for similar.  So if you are thinking of flying somewhere I’d get tested just in case..  and also check local travel rules.

I think I read all that about a week ago..  so it’s probably all different now. DYOR etc.

• Agree 1

assetrichcashpoor

We returned to France at the end of last year. We had to show a negative PCR test to board which was then checked by French immigration when we arrived. It had to be 72 hours before we travelled, but most test providers say it'll take 48 hours for the results. So we had to book it as close to 72 hours before and hope we got our results in time. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

sarahbell
2 hours ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

We returned to France at the end of last year. We had to show a negative PCR test to board which was then checked by French immigration when we arrived. It had to be 72 hours before we travelled, but most test providers say it'll take 48 hours for the results. So we had to book it as close to 72 hours before and hope we got our results in time. 

But no obligation to take extra care prior to getting on the plane once you've had the test?

assetrichcashpoor
28 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

But no obligation to take extra care prior to getting on the plane once you've had the test?

None at all. When we were in the UK we kept ourselves to ourselves for the most of it anyway. 
We had planned to test to release but when it first started there were few providers and most of them were shit, expensive, postal only, or miles away, poor turnaround times etc. so we wouldn’t get the answer in time and waited out our quarantine. 
Then France closed the borders for a few days for shits and giggles. When they reopened they requested a negative PCR test or lateral flow 72 hours before travelling. But as you point out no obligation to isolate between the test and travelling.

There was a self declaration that you were symptom free. 

When we travelled back to the UK I did have a cold, snotty nose and sneezing but no fever or cough. No one said anything.

• Agree 1