DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Thread title comes from a taxi ride I had in Barcelona, a rap song came on and the taxi driver turns to me and says 'you like nigger music'? Pissed myself laughing after I'd got over the shock of the 'N word'. 

Anyhoo, turns out I do.  It's a bit of a guilty pleasure. 

Couple to start with, Cameron 'oh boy' and Lizzo 'batches and cookies'. 

Go against everything the Dosboderati stand for, but I like them. 

Edited by spunko

Read an article/ interview the other day on Hieroglyphic Being.  Whilst I haven't listened to a lot of his stuff, he's an interesting character and iirc reading a review of one of his records, someone mentioned it's difficult to 'beat match' as the tempo continually shifts.

Apologies in advance to dosbods for source.  And even though I don't I agree with his statement at all, I do see how he arrived at it in a way, from his frame of reference.

I look at myself as being part of a global human culture: black folks create stuff, Asians make the technology and white folks put the dollars behind it.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/aug/01/hieroglyphic-being-jamal-moss-dance-music-producer-interview

The Grey album is a good piece of work. Can't believe how old it is now. 

Love the lyrics to this:

I never claimed to have wings on niggers, I got my by any means on, whenever there's a drout get your umbrellas out because that's when I brainstorm. 

Edited by Roger_Mellie