DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

EU Compulsory Vaccine Certificate to Travel

Frank Hovis

Well as widely predicted here it's definitely coming. This is going to be a requirement to holiday abroad to the EU as much as travel insurance.

Right, everyone to the Isle of Wight this year then.

Or Whitby.

EC president von der Leyen dares European nations to call her bluff with announcement of (mandatory?) vaccine certificates

https://www.rt.com/news/512701-vaccination-certificates-europe-surprise-vonderleyen/

Yes it's only an interview at present but she wouldn't say that if it wasn't on the way.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
The Masked Tulip

Same day as there were articles conveniently appearing in US media about Bill Gates' digital covid passport being ready.

Edited by The Masked Tulip
  • Agree 3
Frank Hovis

The Sun has gone full on cheerleader for vaccination.

The over 70s roll out is "JAB JOY" apparently.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13759157/over70s-covid-jab-next-week/

They're recruiting a volunteer army to be trained to give injections and it was mentioned on the radio that Jeremy Clarkson had been giving vaccinations at his local clinic.

This happens to be named Windrush after the nearby river in Oxfordshire but that name has been rather hijacked these days so BBC listeners will assume the usual virtue signalling.

The Sun is excellent at calling the national mood so those of us who won't be having the jab can look forward to comprehensive social exclusion if not fines.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1
The Masked Tulip

Knowing how close Murdoch and that Mitch McConnell are I am seriously concerned about this. 

• Agree 1
Ash4781b
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

They're recruiting a volunteer army to be trained to give injections and it was mentioned on the radio that Jeremy Clarkson had been giving vaccinations at his local clinic.

This happens to be named Windrush after the nearby river in Oxfordshire but that name has been rather hijacked these days so BBC listeners will assume the usual virtue signalling.

The Sun is excellent at calling the national mood so those of us who won't be having the jab can look forward to comprehensive social exclusion if not fines.

it was mentioned on the radio that Jeremy Clarkson had been giving vaccinations at his local clinic”

I’m not sure if his training but if say they got celebrities to do the vaccines get the people in.l that would boost uptake. Promise of a hot celeb doing the jab.... Lie down while I jab this in you. 

• Agree 1
WorkingPoor

Get them "right on" into it i say, those who cheerlead and cocksuck "covid salvation" by .ukgov

There must be dobermans or alsation attack dogs ready to chase down any runners. 

Cos....vaccine is safe right? 

You dont get to mouth off then try and back out of it, your hair and face must be dragged and bashed right into it.  

Edited by WorkingPoor
Frank Hovis
6 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

it was mentioned on the radio that Jeremy Clarkson had been giving vaccinations at his local clinic”

I’m not sure if his training but if say they got celebrities to do the vaccines get the people in.l that would boost uptake. Promise of a hot celeb doing the jab.... Lie down while I jab this in you. 

Celebrity jab may take off.

Get Len Goodman or Michael Aspel doing the rounds to get the woman pensioners out.

Joanna Lumley or Felicity Kendall for the men pensioners.

The promise of proximity to which celebrity would persuade you to have a vaccine that hasn't received the standard level of testing for adverse effects and might actually kill you?

Edited by Frank Hovis
  • Agree 1
swiss_democracy_for_all
1 hour ago, WorkingPoor said:

Get them "right on" into it i say, those who cheerlead and cocksuck "covid salvation" by .ukgov

There must be dobermans or alsation attack dogs ready to chase down any runners. 

Cos....vaccine is safe right? 

You dont get to mouth off then try and back out of it, your hair and face must be dragged and bashed right into it.  

Quite a lot of your posts these days should be on the “Not coping well with this shit” thread. Are you alright?

You should probably ask one of your immediate family to respond on your behalf.

• Agree 3
unregistered_guest
1 hour ago, Ash4781b said:

Lie down while I jab this in you. 

"That's not my arm!"

"That's OK, It's not a syringe either..."

• Lol 5
WorkingPoor
14 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Quite a lot of your posts these days should be on the “Not coping well with this shit” thread. Are you alright?

You should probably ask one of your immediate family to respond on your behalf.

Iam perfectly rational Swissy, you see it was always going to reach the point of the end game, where the Tories were going to have to break public unity and roll with their core voter base. 

Give them the vaccine first and prioritise them getting back out to their holiday homes in Almeria, provence & the algarve. 

They played us all along as "in it together" now we reach the seperation point of "vaccine passports" and "health status apps" 

Their core voter base will be enjoying the theatre / football matches and foreign holidays long before the rest of us who will reamain subject to restictrions testing and quarantines, 

We have been suckered a good'un and i pointed it out from day 1. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Agree 5
  • Informative 1
Andersen

Advocated by Tony bLiar (who convieniently has a ready-made solution available in the form of a rebadged "National Identity Cards" programme from the 90s) https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/01/12/tony-blair-advising-british-govt-coronavirus-pushes-covid-passes/

Cause for concern of just situation normal? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tony-blair-advising-matt-hancock-coronavirus-vaccine-b1785125.html 

Your life choices include becoming on off-grid hermit or rolling over an joining the sheep :/

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
Option5
2 minutes ago, Andersen said:

Advocated by Tony bLiar (who convieniently has a ready-made solution available in the form of a rebadged "National Identity Cards" programme from the 90s) https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/01/12/tony-blair-advising-british-govt-coronavirus-pushes-covid-passes/

Cause for concern of just situation normal? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tony-blair-advising-matt-hancock-coronavirus-vaccine-b1785125.html 

Your life choices include becoming on off-grid hermit or rolling over an joining the sheep :/

Presumably all the illegals won't get the jab so won't get the 'passport'.

Wight Flight

It would make some kind of sense if the vaccine was actually a vaccine.

But since it isn't, and doesn't seem to stop you catching or spreading covid, it is a massive step too far.

But it will happen, as usual, by the back door.

It will become essential to have insurance to travel, and no jab = no insurance.

• Agree 7
Democorruptcy
17 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Iam perfectly rational Swissy, you see it was always going to reach the point of the end game, where the Tories were going to have to break public unity and roll with their core voter base. 

Give them the vaccine first and prioritise them getting back out to their holiday homes in Almeria, provence & the algarve. 

They played us all along as "in it together" now we reach the seperation point of "vaccine passports" and "health status apps" 

Their core voter base will be enjoying the theatre / football matches and foreign holidays long before the rest of us who will reamain subject to restictrions testing and quarantines, 

We have been suckered a good'un and i pointed it out from day 1. 

It's not just going to back to homes they already own, it's getting abroad first to pick up a new property in places that struggled 2020 with a lack of tourists. They are tooled up with equity realised from our house price rises. It always spills over into Europe. Slightly messier for those wanting to settle after Brexit but still doable. On the A Place in the Sun programs this time next year it will be even harder to find buyers loaded up with cash who don't work in the NHS.

WorkingPoor
1 minute ago, Democorruptcy said:

It's not just going to back to homes they already own, it's getting abroad first to pick up a new property in places that struggled 2020 with a lack of tourists. They are tooled up with equity realised from our house price rises. It always spills over into Europe. Slightly messier for those wanting to settle after Brexit but still doable. On the A Place in the Sun programs this time next year it will be even harder to find buyers loaded up with cash who don't work in the NHS.

Yes! 

BWW
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

In some areas, more than 90 per cent of over-80s have been vaccinated.

It comes as new cases tumble in every age group - except, crucially, the over-80s.

At yesterday’s Downing Street press conference, Boris Johnson said: “With almost 45 per cent of our over-80s now vaccinated

Hmmm wonder why .....

Either the group that have been isolated make their first excursion out and the NHS gives em a dose or ...

the NHS gives em a dose.

• Agree 2
sarahbell
1 minute ago, BWW said:

Hmmm wonder why .....

Either the group that have been isolated make their first excursion out and the NHS gives em a dose or ...

the NHS gives em a dose.

Yes. I reckon loads will have been contaminated by the very organisation that was attempting to help them,

• Agree 1
Rare Bear
5 hours ago, Option5 said:

Presumably all the illegals won't get the jab so won't get the 'passport'.

But they're already here.

the gardener

If this goes ahead then I will just go to a doctor / nurse / random volunteer jabber and hand over a brown envelope with £50 in it. I will be recorded as having been vaccinated. 

• Agree 4
feed

Can't see any certificate lasting. All it takes is for Turkey to say we don't require one.  And it will be backtracked.

After all.  

https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_business/2020-08-05/covid-19-crisis-devastates-spains-tourism-industry.html#:~:text=This culminates the worst semester,to just €11.84 billion.

Spain’s tourism industry continues to feel the impact of the coronavirus crisis. According to figures published Monday by the National Statistics Institute (INE), just 204,926 international visitors arrived in Spain in June, a drop of 97.7% from the same month in 2019. This culminates the worst semester on record for the Spanish tourism industry, with just 10.78 million visitors, a fall of 71.7% from the same period in 2019. Tourist spending in the first half of the year has also plummeted 70.6% to just €11.84 billion.

So probably just more jaw jaw to get people to take the vaccine now.  

• Agree 4
stop_the_craziness

I just don't see how this is going to work for people who have a genuine, medical reason for not being able to have the jab.   Are we really saying that people who suffer genuine anaphylaxis are going to be confined to their home country for the rest of their lives?  I'm sure there's a test case for the taking right there.

And as we have found with masks, once you have genuine exemptions then it's not a rule any more.

I shall watch with interest.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
Wight Flight
3 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I just don't see how this is going to work for people who have a genuine, medical reason for not being able to have the jab.   Are we really saying that people who suffer genuine anaphylaxis are going to be confined to their home country for the rest of their lives?  I'm sure there's a test case for the taking right there.

And as we have found with masks, once you have genuine exemptions then it's not a rule any more.

I shall watch with interest.

The insurance companies will take care of this. They are allowed to discriminate on age, sex, etc.

Had a vaccine? £50 policy.

Unjabbed? £5,000 please. Because the cost of Covid treatment abroad justifies the premium.

stop_the_craziness
21 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

The insurance companies will take care of this. They are allowed to discriminate on age, sex, etc.

Had a vaccine? £50 policy.

Unjabbed? £5,000 please. Because the cost of Covid treatment abroad justifies the premium.

From a moral perspective I think that's disgusting.  From a personal perspective I'd go for that.  Could be a bit of an unintended consequences timebomb going off in the NHS if Johnny Foreigner comes here uninsured.

A tremendous # on the lung
11 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

EC president von der Leyen