DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Brexit Gave Me A Heart Attack

I thought I'd heard everything from fucking remoaners but I think this takes the biscuit:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jan/16/i-thrived-on-the-tension-and-drama-of-british-politics-then-i-had-a-heart-attack

It starts off as quite an interesting article about what it's like to have a heart attack and then descends into full on BDS right after complaining about, you've got it, people with BDS. 

What strikes me reading the gurdian comments is how completely they have exiled any wrongthink.  I had a username and commented up until about 2 years ago when every comment was getting blocked (even ones such as the sky is blue).

If you read the guardian, and the comments only, and that is your source of news, you will think that everyone thinks exactly as you do.  No dissent, no questioning of the narrative.

It's soviet propaganda.  Took the Guardian about 5 years to get there and they say 'comment is free' :P

Prior to Brexit,  a remainer friend used to send me weekly snippets he’d picked up from Twitter about how expensive everything was going to be after Brexit because of all the import tariffs and supply problems. Pretty angry stuff.

It’s all gone a bit quiet now..    he mostly talks about Covid instead :D

8 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

I thought I'd heard everything from fucking remoaners but I think this takes the biscuit:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jan/16/i-thrived-on-the-tension-and-drama-of-british-politics-then-i-had-a-heart-attack

It starts off as quite an interesting article about what it's like to have a heart attack and then descends into full on BDS right after complaining about, you've got it, people with BDS. 

What a twat. A bloke with a family history of heart disease thinks that it's normal to have chest pains and tightness whilst exercising. Idiot. 

33 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Prior to Brexit,  a remainer friend used to send me weekly snippets he’d picked up from Twitter about how expensive everything was going to be after Brexit because of all the import tariffs and supply problems. Pretty angry stuff.

It’s all gone a bit quiet now..    he mostly talks about Covid instead :D

A Canadian friend sent me this link earlier today:

https://www.reuters.com/article/britain-eu-netherlands-sandwich/welcome-to-brexit-now-hand-us-your-sandwich-idUSL1N2JN0UU

I’ve tried to explain the whole Brexit situation to him before but he didn’t get it because he was thinking about the EU in the same terms as NAFTA. Anyway, my response was, would he be willing to give the US Supreme Court full jurisdiction over Canada - including the right to say who does and doesn’t come into the country - in exchange for being able to take a sandwich over the border? The answer was, of course, no fucking way!