DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

G7 Summit June 2021 in Cornwall

Finally realisation dawns that Cornwall is the centre of the known universe.

Story embargoed until later today but the local press released it by mistake at lunchtime. If you search you'll see the stories on Cornwall Live and the Falmouth Packet but the links will give you a 404 error.

Though by mistake they have gone for Carbis Bay by St Ives.

I don't know where they think they will be parking their big cars.

18 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Story embargoed until later today but the local press released it by mistake at lunchtime. If you search you'll see the stories on Cornwall Live and the Falmouth Packet but the links will give you a 404 error.

I stopped at the Carbis Bay hotel a couple of years ago. It was rather nice. Not what I would have considered as a summit location for world leaders though.

Very true about the parking, and the roads. I bet security will be a nightmare too.

5 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I stopped at the Carbis Bay hotel a couple of years ago. It was rather nice. Not what I would have considered as a summit location for world leaders though.

Very true about the parking, and the roads. I bet security will be a nightmare too.

My guess would be the Tregenna Castle on the top; I had a work conference there and it's a big place with huge grounds.

44 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Their chauffeurs will be parking up in a field somewhere, after dropping them off.

This is nuts.

Glasgow is going to be very busy this year as well.

The 26th UN Climate Change Conference will take place in November 2021, at the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) in Glasgow.

I thought there was a Pandemic on and it wasn't a good idea to have lots of people flying in from all over the world?

They have got no excuse not to use Zoom / Microsoft Teams or whatever else so that they don't have to fly in.

If they want us to change our behaviours, these people need to lead by example.

I wonder if they will all be taking Covid tests before they set off from their home country or quarantining when they get here before the Conference starts.

2 hours ago, working woman said:

This is nuts.

Glasgow is going to be very busy this year as well.

The 26th UN Climate Change Conference will take place in November 2021, at the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) in Glasgow.

I thought there was a Pandemic on and it wasn't a good idea to have lots of people flying in from all over the world?

They have got no excuse not to use Zoom / Microsoft Teams or whatever else so that they don't have to fly in.

If they want us to change our behaviours, these people need to lead by example.

I wonder if they will all be taking Covid tests before they set off from their home country or quarantining when they get here before the Conference starts.

They're looking for the positives from climate change. It can only improve Glasgow.

If a load of UN climate change people get covid having flown around the world for a meeting it will serve them right.

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Cars?! It’ll be helicopters! You’ve got fields in Cornwall I take it?

17 hours ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

They're looking for the positives from climate change. It can only improve Glasgow.

If a load of UN climate change people get covid having flown around the world for a meeting it will serve them right.

We need a Covid superspreader, skilled silver service or maybe blow jobs.