DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What's the most sustainable, nutritious way to feed a growing population?

So you use electricity to create hydrogen gas from water.

You use Hydrogenotroph bacteria to turn the H2 + CO2 from the air into organic matter via the reductive assimilation of CO2.

You somehow then turn that simple organic matter into amino acids and make meat powder.

Which you then turn into burgers.

I’m sure it’ll be great after a bit of salt and pepper O.o

Sounds like breatharianism.

[It takes a bit of practice and belief to not end up like -- https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/sep/22/gerardseenan1#:~:text=Last year an Australian woman,100 yards from her tent.

A woman who was found dead at an isolated beauty spot in the Scottish Highlands may have died while trying to convert to a bizarre New Age movement whose adherents claim not to eat or drink

It is thought the woman may have been attempting Jasmuheen's 21-day conversion course where followers eschew all food and drink for seven days and then take only sips of water for a further 14. After that, Jasmuheen claims, adherents to 'breatharianism' need never eat or drink again.

With breatharianism ... "we free ourselves from the very basic primordial fear which is if you don't eat you are going to die".]

7 minutes ago, Libspero said:

You use Hydrogenotroph bacteria to turn the H2 + CO2 from the air into organic matter via the reductive assimilation of CO2.

You somehow then turn that simple organic matter into amino acids and make meat powder.

Basic organic chemicals and fuels from air I get. It will happen at some point. 

But this is batshit. Having said that, if you look at it as a 30-50 year play, it makes sense as a speculative investment. 

11 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

But this is batshit. Having said that, if you look at it as a 30-50 year play, it makes sense as a speculative investment. 

Spin

From the website

First, we start with elements from the air we breathe -- carbon dioxide, oxygen and nitrogen -- are combined with water and mineral nutrients. Next, we use renewable energy and a probiotic production process where cultures convert the elements into nutrients. 

8 hours ago, dgul said:

It is thought the woman may have been attempting Jasmuheen's 21-day conversion course where followers eschew all food and drink for seven days and then take only sips of water for a further 14. After that, Jasmuheen claims, adherents to 'breatharianism' need never eat or drink again BECAUSE THEY ARE DEAD.

FTFY

On 17/01/2021 at 22:44, Roger_Mellie said:

On 17/01/2021 at 22:35, Libspero said:

It certainly removes the animal element, but I'm not sure how it's sustainable or good for the planet?

Surely it's going to take a fuck ton of energy?

Have a look at the about us page...

Yet again it's white blokes doing all the proper work, about time the rest of the world started to pull their fucking weight when it comes to saving the planet.

43 minutes ago, gilf said:

It certainly removes the animal element, but I'm not sure how it's sustainable or good for the planet?

Surely it's going to take a fuck ton of energy?

Have a look at the about us page...

Yet again it's white blokes doing all the proper work, about time the rest of the world started to pull their fucking weight when it comes to saving the planet.

Their wives are probably at home sneaking in a quickie with their big black tennis coaches.

What's the point of this kind of thing anyway? Instead of working out how to feed more and more people, we should be working out how to adapt the economic system to deal with a slowly reducing population, and reduce to about 1 billion or less.

First, we start with elements from the air we breathe -- carbon dioxide, oxygen and nitrogen -- are combined with water and mineral nutrients. Next, we use renewable energy and a probiotic production process where cultures convert the elements into nutrients

Bug soup then.

Not a million miles off quorn.