DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Beardy goes to space

https://twitter.com/Virgin_Orbit/status/1350960438444511232

Virgin Orbit is the third "New Space" company to reach orbit, after SpaceX and Rocket Lab. The success also paves the way for Virgin Orbit to begin launching satellites for a host of customers that it already has lined up, including NASA, the military and private-sector companies that use satellites for commercial purposes.

Edited by Dave Bloke
7 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

Virgin Orbit is the third "New Space" company to reach orbit, after SpaceX and Rocket Lab. The success also paves the way for Virgin Orbit to begin launching satellites for a host of customers that it already has lined up, including NASA, the military and private-sector companies that use satellites for commercial purposes.

Congrats to them, I just finished teaching Rocketlab FPGA design for space 

7 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

Bollocks, Branston just wants to get up to the Moonraker space station before Hugo Drax blows the world up.

Edited by Austin Allegro
5 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Anything like this brightens my day regardless of whether you love or loathe Branson.

Same as Musk landing his boosters - and they were laughing at him barely more than a decade ago.

Beats the living shit out of everything else that's going on at the moment, that's for certain.

Space is worth every penny spent on it, it pushes forward mankind. 

2 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

Hi! Astro-Space heavyweight Tim Peake here!

I just want to remind everyone that the weight of sattelititites does not matter, as everything is weightless in Space!

I pretended I was a heffalump on the ISS, and no-one could contradict me because they couldn't weigh me!

That's enough Science for Today!

Astro-Timmy  XXX

Timmy here again!

Here is a photo of Landlord Mr Rigby in space in the film 2001.

2001-A-Space-Odyssey-065.jpg

Look, he is standing up, which you can't do in Space! I tried, and it was like I had had half a pint of beer, I was floating everywhere!

Aha!, you clever-clogs say, he can stand because the spaceship is a giant centrifuge, and he is standing on that.

But he cant be standing on it, because you can't stand up in space. That would be a paradox, and paradoxes aren't allowed in space, because they make computers explode.

If you look closely, Mr Rigby has a baboon's red bottom. They hid that in 'Rising Damp', didn't they?

Tim X