DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The forthcoming era of Vaccine Plus

WorkingPoor

WorkingPoor

The cat is out of the bag, 

Global restrictions will continue throughout 2021 when we will then merge into the era of "vaccine plus" for 2 more years.

Era of 'vaccine plus'

Suggestions that vaccines will be able to take us back to where we were pre-Covid by Easter have given people an unrealistic expectation, says Prof Salisbury, and such an outcome, in the absence of the interruption of transmission, is "unlikely".

Even countries with strong health infrastructure and experience of mass vaccination programmes - like the UK - will find reaching enough people to break the chain of transmission a challenge, he says.

While the outlook for at-risk groups will be "undoubtedly brighter" in 2021, Prof Salisbury says, the rest of us look likely to be taking extra measures for some time to come, something he refers to as "vaccine plus".

Graphic showing what 'vaccine plus' may look like, including the vaccine, social distancing and masks

Prof Ghani agrees and estimates it will take two more years to "to get the whole world back to normal", but with the process likely to be quicker for high-income countries like the UK.

But she warns that while vaccines will ultimately end the pandemic, they will not "get rid of the virus" and the world will need to "keep vaccinating" just as it does with other diseases.

So with a new era of "vaccine plus" possibly now dawning in the battle against Covid-19, 2021 is likely to require us to continue to dig deep for a number of months to come - and possibly beyond.

Will a vaccine give us our old lives back?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-b6360f40-84f9-469b-b6a3-a4568e161c4f

Read it right to the end.

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Lol 1

WorkingPoor
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Are you saying you believe the establishment?   o.O

Of course not, i am saying you rush to deny something that is blatantly obviously going to happen. (Probably bacause the thought of 2 more years of this pantomime fills you with horror)

Edited by WorkingPoor

Vaccine Plus looks about as effective as Vaccine Minus, the plan where no vaccine is used and everyone has to 'social distance' and wear barely effective face masks. xD

• Agree 6
  • Lol 2

WorkingPoor

Does anyone think we are going to be binning masks and social distancing and quarantines before the end of 2022 then? (Serious question)

I would have thought it was pretty obvious that this will run for another year or 2

Edited by WorkingPoor

One percent
5 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Of course not, i am saying you rush to deny something that is blatantly obviously going to happen. (Probably bacause the thought of 2 more years of this pantomime fills you with horror)

Im not denying it, just in wonder that people continue to follow and believe the ever changing narrative, in the face of contradictory evidence. 

• Agree 1

WorkingPoor
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Im not denying it, just in wonder that people continue to follow and believe the ever changing narrative, in the face of contradictory evidence. 

It's all bollox.

But.....my aim is make sure people understand what they are in for.

And dont try and delude themselves that there will be some sort of global mask burning freedom concert in september or something. xD

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

One percent
3 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

It's all bollox.

But.....my aim is make sure people understand what they are in for.

And dont try and delude themselves that there will be some sort of global mask burning freedom concert in september or something. xD

I’m wondering (well holding out hope really) that it might all quietly go away once events have played out in America this week.  

• Agree 5

WorkingPoor
1 minute ago, One percent said:

I’m wondering (well holding out hope really) that it might all quietly go away once events have played out in America this week.  

What you mean after the civil war? It's already underway this afternoon by the sounds of it.

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Does anyone think we are going to be binning masks and social distancing and quarantines before the end of 2022 then? (Serious question)

I would have thought it was pretty obvious that this will run for another year or 2

People don't want to think beyond a few months into the future (including the government by the looks of things with it's short sighted planning) hence the focus on one lockdown then another and always some future saviour to dangle as a carrot to make the public abide by the lockdown rules.

IIRC first lockdown it was all about 'flattening the curve' to give the NHS enough time to prepare, second lockdown it was track and trace, this time it's the vaccine. Always something that never quite works as promised, resulting in another lockdown.

Unless the world's governments are planning beyond 2021 I don't see how the current approach is sustainable. Economies decimated, many people struggling either financially or mentally often both, no real sense of how this 'war on covid' will be won if the vaccines fail to allow normal life to resume.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

WorkingPoor

We have oldies at vaccination centres exclaiming to the media that "this will give us our freedom back" hurrah.

One elderly couple had booked 5 uk coach holidays in anticipation.

They need to be given a reality check, and that is they will likely spend their final years subject to covid restrictions. 

Vaccined or not. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

We have oldies at vaccination centres exclaiming to the media that "this will give us our freedom back" hurrah.

They need to be given a reality check, and that is they will likely spend there final years subject to covid restrictions. 

You should bitch slap each and every one of them.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

One percent
12 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

What you mean after the civil war? It's already underway this afternoon by the sounds of it.

I’m thinking more the big reveal about the ongoing war with China. 

Democorruptcy

The question you will be asked the most times this year "When did you get your vaccine?".

It's not polite conversation, it's trying to out you.

• Agree 5

WorkingPoor

Other countries are also letting it slip today that this is going to run well into 2022.

I just want people to acknowledge that. 

For info:

Australia unlikely to fully reopen border in 2021, says top official

Australia is unlikely to fully open its borders in 2021 even if most of its population gets vaccinated this year as planned, says a senior health official.

The comments dampen hopes raised by airlines that travel to and from the country could resume as early as July.

Department of Health Secretary Brendan Murphy made the prediction after being asked about the coronavirus' escalation in other nations.

Dr Murphy spearheaded Australia's early action to close its borders last March.

"I think that we'll go most of this year with still substantial border restrictions," he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation on Monday.

"Even if we have a lot of the population vaccinated, we don't know whether that will prevent transmission of the virus," he said, adding that he believed quarantine requirements for travellers would continue "for some time".

Citizens, permanent residents and those with exemptions are allowed to enter Australia if they complete a 14-day hotel quarantine at their own expense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55699581

"Let's face the music....and dance!" 

Edited by WorkingPoor

WorkingPoor
29 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

The question you will be asked the most times this year "When did you get your vaccine?".

It's not polite conversation, it's trying to out you.

Hmmm yes,

Better work out a cutting retort for people who try that.

Bornagain
6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

How about    "I am waiting for the results of the clinical trials......thanks for being a guinea pig:)."

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 3

A tremendous # on the lung
17 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Hmmm yes,

I'm considering the use of "none of your fucking business"

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Chewing Grass

Just let it sort the human wheat from the chaff its what Darwin would have wanted.

This is potentially degrading the healthy in a futile bid to protect the weakest of the species.

Law of unintended (I'm being generous) consequences will rear its head.

• Agree 2