DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The Revenge of Macron

For some unknown reason the landline phone in my house has changed from the standard UK double ring to a long single French type ring with long pauses in between.

Obviously it must be because of Brexit and I think that I will go on a 'Re-join the EU as soon as possible ' site to point out to them another Brexit downside.

They will be delighted and because I am a Brexiteer they will say 'Told you so'

Could be aliens trying to make contact.

Head Alien: Any response?

Lackey Alien: I'm not sure sir. I have tried bleeping and making 'brrrrt brrrrt' sounds when he answers but he keep hanging up on me.

Head Alien: Damn, we will have to find another humanoid to offer the secrets of the Universe and enternal life to. Quick, dial some more random numbers.

10 minutes ago, Byron said:

For some unknown reason the landline phone in my house has changed from the standard UK double ring to a long single French type ring with long pauses in between.

Obviously it must be because of Brexit and I think that I will go on a 'Re-join the EU as soon as possible ' site to point out to them another Brexit downside.

Are you sure it doesn't go --.-? It's begun. 

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

I've always been quite envious of the way the French in particular have retained their old dodgy sirens and alarms. Even now when I hear that stereotypical neenorr siren of the gendarmerie on TV, I wonder what old crappy sounds of the past we've lost here in Blighty.

You should hear it here. Every Wednesday at noon, they test the emergency warning system. 

1 hour ago, Byron said:

I've been getting that.  I didn't know who to blame, but I'm happy now that I can blame the French.

37 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

You should hear it here. Every Wednesday at noon, they test the emergency warning system. 

We get our local one tested on Mondays.  Scares the bejesus out of visitors.

50 minutes ago, spunko said:

I've always been quite envious of the way the French in particular have retained their old dodgy sirens and alarms. Even now when I hear that stereotypical neenorr siren of the gendarmerie on TV, I wonder what old crappy sounds of the past we've lost here in Blighty.

Culture Club 

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Birds and English spoken