DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

12 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Yes a lucky young man and a twat however it’s sexual

equality now gents soz girl teachers 

Is it bollocks. She’ll get a tiny fraction of the sentence a male teacher would.

Not that I think that is wrong particularly, a female teacher having sex with a 15 year old male student just isn’t as bad as a male teacher having sex with a 15 year old female student.

2 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Is it bollocks. She’ll get a tiny fraction of the sentence a male teacher would.

Not that I think that is wrong particularly, a female teacher having sex with a 15 year old male student just isn’t as bad as a male teacher having sex with a 15 year old female student.

Why?

I'm not sure the fact that it's the fantasy of many boys to be seduced by the teacher is a good reason, it's also the fantasy of many girls. Seems to me the individual circumstances of each case should be the determining factor regarding punishment, not the gender. 

In this case it sounds like she was definitely the predator/seducer, the fact that he needed no persuading is irrelevant, it would be exactly the same with plenty of 15yo girls. 

3 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Why?

I'm not sure the fact that it's the fantasy of many boys to be seduced by the teacher is a good reason, it's also the fantasy of many girls. Seems to me the individual circumstances of each case should be the determining factor regarding punishment, not the gender. 

In this case it sounds like she was definitely the predator/seducer, the fact that he needed no persuading is irrelevant, it would be exactly the same with plenty of 15yo girls. 

Because, despite all the social conditioning efforts, boys and girls just aren’t the same.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Because boys mature emotionally at an earlier age than girls, right?

Oh, wait...

This is because 15 year old boys are absolutely champing at the bit for sex with an attractive woman without expecting anything more from it than the sex itself and therefore will not be damaged by that meeting their expectations.

Whereas 15 year old girls want the sex to be part of bigger package and feel cheated and used if all they get is the sex.

If it wasn't that way then there would be a huge after school shagging session every night because all the boys would be up for it; the girls however are not.

This is similar to the Rosie Boycott response when Stephen Fry said about women not liking sex as much as men.  She insisted that they do, well if that was the case then, like gay men, they would be up for multiple sexual partners every night of the week.

There is a difference and the courts should recognise it in the sentencing.

2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Agreed, they're not.  But they can both have a difficult-to-control fire between their legs at 15 which can be exploited by more experienced adults.

I see what you are saying from a purely rational point of view, but I don’t think that matters so much.

My son turns 15 next month. If I were to discover some 30 something female teacher had been having sex with him, my inclination would be to smirk. If I had a 15 year old daughter and found out a 30 something male teacher had been having sex with her, my inclination would be to beat him to death with an iron bar. 

While I agree they are both wrong and should be sanctioned. My view of sentencing reflects that instinctual certainty of the difference of severity between the scenarios. 

7 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I see what you are saying from a purely rational point of view, but I don’t think that matters so much.

My son turns 15 next month. If I were to discover some 30 something female teacher had been having sex with him, my inclination would be to smirk. If I had a 15 year old daughter and found out a 30 something male teacher had been having sex with her, my inclination would be to beat him to death with an iron bar. 

While I agree they are both wrong and should be sanctioned. My view of sentencing reflects that instinctual certainty of the difference of severity between the scenarios. 

I suspect your view is coloured by the gender of your offspring. I have two daughters. They aren't yet 15 but when they are I am quite sure that any relationship they might enter will be entirely of their own volition and control.

You don't usually fall for the "women as special flowers" narrative, at least on this site, but I think it might have caught you unawares here.

10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Whereas 15 year old girls want the sex to be part of bigger package and feel cheated and used if all they get is the sex.

Feeling cheated and used is not sufficient for a criminal prosecution.

Edited to add: well, it shouldn't be, but in clown world...

Edited by Alex
8 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

It's called hypocrisy. We all do it.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This is because 15 year old boys are absolutely champing at the bit for sex with an attractive woman without expecting anything more from it than the sex itself and therefore will not be damaged by that meeting their expectations.

If it wasn't that way then there would be a huge after school shagging session every night because all the boys would be up for it; the girls however are not.

This is similar to the Rosie Boycott response when Stephen Fry said about women not liking sex as much as men.  She insisted that they do, well if that was the case then, like gay men, they would be up for multiple sexual partners every night of the week.

There is a difference and the courts should recognise it in the sentencing.

Don't agree. Your argument is true for many, indeed most, but not for all.

There are young girls who are up for anything with an older man if they like the look of him and will stop at nothing to get what they want, including putting the man's entire life at risk. Some of these do indeed have multiple partners all the time. Have you never been targeted by one? (probably in your late 30s/early 40s) I have, but am fortunate enough to be mildly repelled by the idea. 

I pray that my daughter isn't going to be one of these, but if the hormone cocktail arrives in an unfortunate way as it does for some (I've witnessed it in a distant relative), there won't be all that much I can do about it.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I suspect your view is coloured by the gender of your offspring. I have two daughters. They aren't yet 15 but when they are I am quite sure that any relationship they might enter will be entirely of their own volition and control.

You don't usually fall for the "women as special flowers" narrative, at least on this site, but I think it might have caught you unawares here.

+ 1000 couldn't agree more.  

Interesting comments on the difference between teenage boys and girls, or the perceived difference that society holds, which seems to suggest that girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice... and boys are made from snails and puppy dog tails. Sexist in both cases. 

The reality is females have enormous privilege when it comes to sex. If they wish to be an innocent virgin then society usually allows them to be, if they wish to be sexual in a predatory manner then society usually allows them to be. Males are always predators.

I read that the teacher was already convicted of sending a sexual video of herself to the boy. If a male teacher had sent a video of himself wanking to one of his female pupils would he be walking free? 

@swiss_democracy_for_all is right. - each case should be judged on individual merit. But they aren't. It always comes down to the genders of both and how society perceives one gender to be predatory and the other an innocent, naive victim.

Is the husband standing by the teacher?

9 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

the perceived difference that society holds, which seems to suggest that girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice... and boys are made from snails and puppy dog tails. Sexist in both cases. 

Well I think that is quite an extreme interpretation of what was said. I’ve never encountered a young man crying out his regret over a string of one night stands, but I’ve seen quite a few women do so (and heard about countless more). In fact, I don’t recall a man being anything other than delighted with a string of one night stands.

In my personal experience, the psychological impact of unwise sexual encounters is very, very asymmetric between the genders. 

Teachers shouldn’t be shagging underage pupils. Full stop. They should be charged with the same crime. However it doesn’t seem unreasonable that the predictably lower negative consequences to a male “victim” can be taken into account in the sentencing.