Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

So we dropped them and let them sink or swim in 1973/4, they sank a bit, then swam very well, and now we want to kiss and make up? Could be tricky. I daresay they'll be open for trade but nothing special will be offered. 

 

Who's this "we"...?

You've lived in Switzerland for years, and quite frankly it is no longer your battle...

 

XYY

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Who's this "we"...?

You've lived in Switzerland for years, and quite frankly it is no longer your battle...

 

XYY

A detail, sorry CBA to re-examine all my posts referring to British things and make sure I'm perfectly accurate in terms of how I refer to it and it's people. Don't forget most of my numerous and well-loved family live in the UK still, so it's fortunes are very much my concern too and I want it to do well. Also in Switzerland, until you have the passport, they can chuck you out when they like, so for now I have to keep an eye on the country of my birth and upbringing. But yeah, it's not in the plan to return, and I'm no longer 100% British in mindset. Longterm expats have no real home any more, that's the truth of it, so they have no-one they can truly say "we" about apart from immediate family and friends.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

A detail, sorry CBA to re-examine all my posts referring to British things and make sure I'm perfectly accurate in terms of how I refer to it and it's people. Don't forget most of my numerous and well-loved family live in the UK still, so it's fortunes are very much my concern too and I want it to do well. Also in Switzerland, until you have the passport, they can chuck you out when they like, so for now I have to keep an eye on the country of my birth and upbringing. But yeah, it's not in the plan to return, and I'm no longer 100% British in mindset. Longterm expats have no real home any more, that's the truth of it, so they have no-one they can truly say "we" about apart from immediate family and friends.

 

Thanks for all that irrelevant stuff.

You have not lived in the UK for quite some time now - true or false...???

 

XYY

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

If CANZUK means that a load of British  work-shy, benefits-addicted dole-scum are free to move to Canada no questions asked then fuck no. 

It's OK as Canada will be Chinese in a short time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Geography isn't my strongest suit but looking at the map - have we just cut ties with our very local trading partners just so we can look at arranging trade deals with a handful of geographically distant second rate English speaking countries? O.o

* Nothing personal to anyone but NZ does not carry the same political clout as say Germany, France... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Andersen said:

Geography isn't my strongest suit but looking at the map - have we just cut ties with our very local trading partners just so we can look at arranging trade deals with a handful of geographically distant second rate English speaking countries? O.o

* Nothing personal to anyone but NZ does not carry the same political clout as say Germany, France... 

Everyone has gone mad for Jarseinda Hardon so you might be wrong there.

 

Plus, Hobbits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

If CANZUK means that a load of British  work-shy, benefits-addicted dole-scum are free to move to Canada no questions asked then fuck no. 

Surely they'll be going to Australia where the weather is at least decent even if the politicians are as bad as the usual Western clowns, Boris trudeau and ardern 😂😂 prolly be good fodder as they won't be considering taxation policies when choosing a location 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Green Devil said:

Surely they'll be going to Australia where the weather is at least decent even if the politicians are as bad as the usual Western clowns, Boris trudeau and ardern 😂😂 prolly be good fodder as they won't be considering taxation policies when choosing a location 😂

Canada is the fourth most popular destination for British expats with only the USA, Spain, and Australia ahead. All in, tax here is at a pretty similar level to the UK sadly. I’m not joking about the dole-scum thing either. If you go and lurk on the relevant forums elsewhere you’ll regularly see people asking about how hard it is to immigrate followed by questions about what benefits are available. The answers, by the way, are not too hard if you’re young or have in demand skills and fuck-all unless you’ve paid into the system for a while and (pandemic times excepted) even then not much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...