DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Second (Northern) Irish Famine

6 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Calling @JoeDavola! Reading the Grauniad and BBC it sounds like the supermarket shelves are bare and people are starving in the post-Brexit apocalyptic wasteland that is Northern Ireland. What’s the actual situation?

Been in Tescos and Lidl, this week. Shelves are full.  

6 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Calling @JoeDavola! Reading the Grauniad and BBC it sounds like the supermarket shelves are bare and people are starving in the post-Brexit apocalyptic wasteland that is Northern Ireland. What’s the actual situation?

There’s plenty of food. Fake news as per usual.

Edited by JoeDavola
6 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

I assumed so. It really does show you how far the BBC have descended into the gutter that, to get an answer on this that I trust, I’d rather go to an anonymous Internet forum.

It's not entirely anonymous, but I feel I know some of the characters here.

And you can get "the word on the street" from somebody actually there.

Not just the BBC either. Because there is more "news space" now, it is sometimes filled with dubious articles

7 hours ago, dillinger said:

About the only thing I noticed was a shortage of tinned cat food, plenty of pouches, so my Cat's happy. 

One brand of bottled water missing in Tesco. 

Deep River Rock which is owned by Coca Cola and bottled in Lisburn. 

Maybe the water is imported though.

Agree about the cat food. Odd really.

There was also no cartons of fruit juice for a week or so in tesco.

9 hours ago, spygirl said:

Well ..... if the IRA carry on an reunify North n South then you'll see the entire island enter into a massive starvation, a their daft Bolivero-Marxist policies take hold.

The average Venezuelan lost 12kg during 2016, they called it the Maduro diet. Suddenly, Marxism doesn’t look so bad

There was less choice of fruit and veg the last time I was in Sainsbury’s but still plenty of food. 

The most likely outcome imho is Ireland becoming a land bridge between Europe and GB 

Ship from France to ROI , drive to Belfast ship to GB with no pesky paperwork 👍

25 minutes ago, Malthus said:

There was less choice of fruit and veg the last time I was in Sainsbury’s but still plenty of food. 

The most likely outcome imho is Ireland becoming a land bridge between Europe and GB 

Ship from France to ROI , drive to Belfast ship to GB with no pesky paperwork 👍

Full info here...

SPS Checks (intertradeireland.com)

Ireland - GB..

On 8 October the UK published its updated Border Operating model, introducing border controls in three stages for EU goods arriving in GB, with full SPS controls by July 2021. 

Stage 1 – From January 2021: Imports of high-risk live animals, plants and animal/plant products must be pre-notified to the UK authorities via IPAFFS, have correct health documentation and may be subject to checks. Physical checks will be carried out at the point of destination/other approved premises.

Stage 2 -From April 2021: Pre-notification (via IPAFFS) and health documentation will be required for all products of animal origin, regulated plants and plant products. Physical checks will continue to be conducted at the point of destination/other approved premises.

Stage 3 – From July 2021: Goods requiring SPS checks will need to move through designated Border Control Posts equipped to handle the particular type of goods.

Edited by Dave Beans
On 21/01/2021 at 03:50, dillinger said:

About the only thing I noticed was a shortage of tinned cat food, plenty of pouches, so my Cat's happy. 

One brand of bottled water missing in Tesco. 

Deep River Rock which is owned by Coca Cola and bottled in Lisburn. 

Maybe the water is imported though.

I took a look at the pet food section of my local supermarket here in Toronto yesterday and, interestingly, we’re short on tinned pet food too (could just be timing of course).