DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Where did the Flu go?

maffo
12 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Confinement, hand washing and wearing masks.

I can't see that (edit - Almost) totally eradicating Flu like those figures would suggest?!

Edited by maffo
eight
1 minute ago, maffo said:

I can't see that totally eradicating Flu like those figures would suggest?!

That's the usual "defence" offered when the disappearance of flu is raised.

• Agree 4
Reck B
15 minutes ago, Stuffed said:

Remember when people said they had flu, when it was just a cold?

Now it’s Covid.

As a male, I expect to be ridiculed with having 'man-covid' if I ever get it.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1
Dogtania
11 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

11k deaths normally? On average over so many years.

When are they going to release the excess deaths that are not directly related to covid, in honestly.  Ie missed cancer screening or treatment, suicides etc?

Would think at some point they'll be a panorama investigation/ reports commissioned etc.

Or are we past the point of no return?😕

• Agree 1
sarahbell
5 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

When are they going to release the excess deaths that are not directly related to covid, in honestly.  Ie missed cancer screening or treatment, suicides etc?

Would think at some point they'll be a panorama investigation/ reports commissioned etc.

Or are we past the point of no return?😕

It's 2M or
It's 150k

Does it make anyone feel better?

Imagine how many people used to die and discover they had cancer following an autopsy. Rather than finding and having a miserable amount of time with treatment

Dogtania
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

It's 2M or
It's 150k

Does it make anyone feel better?

Imagine how many people used to die and discover they had cancer following an autopsy. Rather than finding and having a miserable amount of time with treatment

Yeah I think it certainly would have made a difference to those who had malign cancers that were easily treatable, but turned very nasty when not caught early.  And the suicides of course.

Granted there may be a few say with terribly cancer that the pain would only have been prolonged given NHS treatment but don't think that balances things out.

• Agree 1
sarahbell
5 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Yeah I think it certainly would have made a difference to those who had malign cancers that were easily treatable, but turned very nasty when not caught early.  And the suicides of course.

Granted there may be a few say with terribly cancer that the pain would only have been prolonged given NHS treatment but don't think that balances things out.

I was probably a bit too flippant. I am not in the position this year of currently knowing anyone having cancer treatment. For which I am very grateful. 

Breast screening has gone on, and cervical screening. I've had both in the last 6 months maybe. I don't know what happens if you have a positive result how delayed things end up being and what risk to life you have just visiting hospital.

I am 9 days post A&E visit and am assuming I have not got covid as I've coughed 6 times since but not all at the same time. 

• Informative 1
One percent
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

11k deaths normally? On average over so many years.

How many have supposedly died from covid?  Is it the same number that would have died from flu? 

Democorruptcy

Flu was worried that if it infected someone and then they caught covid, the covid might kill it, so it flew off instead.

sarahbell
33 minutes ago, One percent said:

How many have supposedly died from covid?  Is it the same number that would have died from flu? 

Flu deaths are already included in the charts. So deaths over average could include the extra flu and Covid.

How many autopsies are they doing?

• Informative 1
One percent
7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Flu deaths are already included in the charts. So deaths over average could include the extra flu and Covid.

I wonder why they make it so difficult to access and understand the data. o.O

• Agree 1
sarahbell
18 minutes ago, One percent said:

I wonder why they make it so difficult to access and understand the data. o.O

Because half of the population is below average intelligence

One percent
1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

Because half of the population is below average intelligence

Nah, they make it difficult so we cant access it.  Any statistician worth their salt makes the data understandable for the lay person. At least they should 

• Agree 1
sarahbell
Just now, One percent said:

Nah, they make it difficult so we cant access it.  Any statistician worth their salt makes the data understandable for the lay person. At least they should 

It's all there on 

.Gov.uk 

You can download it. 

One percent
Just now, sarahbell said:

It's all there on 

.Gov.uk 

You can download it. 

In bloody excel. They need to present it clearly for the great unwashed. They are the government ffs. 

• Agree 2
sarahbell
1 minute ago, One percent said:

In bloody excel. They need to present it clearly for the great unwashed. They are the government ffs. 

Statistician excel yourself

• Lol 2
  • Cheers 1
Dogtania
2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I was probably a bit too flippant. I am not in the position this year of currently knowing anyone having cancer treatment. For which I am very grateful. 

Breast screening has gone on, and cervical screening. I've had both in the last 6 months maybe. I don't know what happens if you have a positive result how delayed things end up being and what risk to life you have just visiting hospital.

I am 9 days post A&E visit and am assuming I have not got covid as I've coughed 6 times since but not all at the same time. 

That's good.  Maybe it varies regionally but glad your ok.  I'm sure your being sarcastic but doubt you've got the cov either

Darude

Flu deaths vary a lot from year to year depending on how harmful the particular circulating influenza strains are. You get some years with very few flu deaths and some with tens of thousands. I think the last really bad flu winter in the UK was around the year 2000, not had one for a while.

NewryH
5 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

Confinement, hand washing and wearing masks.

That's what my wife says.

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

No PM if covid is suspected afaik

• Agree 1