Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Confinement, hand washing and wearing masks.

I can't see that (edit - Almost) totally eradicating Flu like those figures would suggest?!

Edited by maffo
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

11k deaths normally? On average over so many years.

When are they going to release the excess deaths that are not directly related to covid, in honestly.  Ie missed cancer screening or treatment, suicides etc?

Would think at some point they'll be a panorama investigation/ reports commissioned etc.

Or are we past the point of no return?😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

When are they going to release the excess deaths that are not directly related to covid, in honestly.  Ie missed cancer screening or treatment, suicides etc?

Would think at some point they'll be a panorama investigation/ reports commissioned etc.

Or are we past the point of no return?😕

It's 2M or
It's 150k

 

Does it make anyone feel better?

Imagine how many people used to die and discover they had cancer following an autopsy. Rather than finding and having a miserable amount of time with treatment

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

It's 2M or
It's 150k

 

Does it make anyone feel better?

Imagine how many people used to die and discover they had cancer following an autopsy. Rather than finding and having a miserable amount of time with treatment

 

Yeah I think it certainly would have made a difference to those who had malign cancers that were easily treatable, but turned very nasty when not caught early.  And the suicides of course.

Granted there may be a few say with terribly cancer that the pain would only have been prolonged given NHS treatment but don't think that balances things out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Yeah I think it certainly would have made a difference to those who had malign cancers that were easily treatable, but turned very nasty when not caught early.  And the suicides of course.

Granted there may be a few say with terribly cancer that the pain would only have been prolonged given NHS treatment but don't think that balances things out.

I was probably a bit too flippant. I am not in the position this year of currently knowing anyone having cancer treatment. For which I am very grateful. 

Breast screening has gone on, and cervical screening. I've had both in the last 6 months maybe. I don't know what happens if you have a positive result how delayed things end up being and what risk to life you have just visiting hospital.

I am 9 days post A&E visit and am assuming I have not got covid as I've coughed 6 times since but not all at the same time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, One percent said:

How many have supposedly died from covid?  Is it the same number that would have died from flu? 

Everyone dies from covid and only covid. xD

 

04100BD5-81FA-4FC5-832B-67C07AA54141.jpeg

(reposted from the covid meme thread: https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/12649-best-coronavirus-memes/?do=findComment&comment=918732)

 

Edited by BoSon
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

I was probably a bit too flippant. I am not in the position this year of currently knowing anyone having cancer treatment. For which I am very grateful. 

Breast screening has gone on, and cervical screening. I've had both in the last 6 months maybe. I don't know what happens if you have a positive result how delayed things end up being and what risk to life you have just visiting hospital.

I am 9 days post A&E visit and am assuming I have not got covid as I've coughed 6 times since but not all at the same time. 

That's good.  Maybe it varies regionally but glad your ok.  I'm sure your being sarcastic but doubt you've got the cov either

Link to post
Share on other sites

Flu deaths vary a lot from year to year depending on how harmful the particular circulating influenza strains are. You get some years with very few flu deaths and some with tens of thousands. I think the last really bad flu winter in the UK was around the year 2000, not had one for a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites

excess winter deaths were 49,000 in 2017 2018 winter, peak daily rate of 1700 per day on 9/1/19 for 2018/19 winter, so are we at peak already ?

 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/excesswintermortalityinenglandandwales/2018to2019provisionaland2017to2018final 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

Confinement, hand washing and wearing masks.

That's what my wife says.

 

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Flu deaths are already included in the charts. So deaths over average could include the extra flu and Covid.

How many autopsies are they doing?

 

No PM if covid is suspected afaik

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...