DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Deactivated Guns

Frank wanted to see my deactivated Lee Enfield.

It dates from 1942 and cost me about £500. You dont have to tell the police you own it. You can cycle the bolt/ fire the mechanism/ move the rear sights/ take the bolt and magazine off.

The way it's been deactivated is that they have blocked up the barrel and sawn the firing pin off the bolt. 

I was thinking about buying a deactivated M16. However it was a £1k.... you could buy a brand new AR15 for that...

20210122_200308.jpg

20210122_200343.jpg

20210122_200355.jpg

20210122_200437.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to shoot those 303  Lee Enfeilds at school. We had an armoury and were taught to shoot and  protect the Nation. We also had a 22 range. I used to shoot every week. Post war and we respecte

Yes, I think the courts treat reactivating firearms as one of the most serious crimes, up there with murder and graffiti 

"Extreme far-right gun-obsessed forum, DOSBODS, was among those shut down today in a sweeping move the Home Office described as necessary to ensure the safety of the public..."

Posted Images

Just now, spunko said:

I would love one on my wall. Most older houses have some rusty heirloom rifle above the fireplace but I'd prefer to get a Barrett M82 .50 cal. How much would a deactivated one set me back roughly?

barrett50cal.jpg

Fuck. That's a serious gun. I'd be guessing at about £5k. If would literally be  more expensive than a brand new one in the US.

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

To be frank. Theres a way of getting obsolete calibre guns to work that is insanely easy..... I cant really say how to do it here though.

No need to explain. Just good to know for a shtf scenario. I guess we should all buy a deactivated gun, just in case.  

7 minutes ago, spunko said:

I would love one on my wall. Most older houses have some rusty heirloom rifle above the fireplace but I'd prefer to get a Barrett M82 .50 cal. How much would a deactivated one set me back roughly?

barrett50cal.jpg

$8846.98 plus the cost of deactivation and if you want the optics, a good chunk more. That said, you'll be glad it's deactivated when you see the cost of the ammo.

18 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Yep.

It looks like you have for to declare them now, and be put on a list.

The legislation is a parting present from the EU, and came into force despite brexit, because brexit was so delayed.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/deactivated-weapons-need-registering-109153

Edited by SpectrumFX
13 minutes ago, spunko said:

barrett50cal.jpg

I shot one of those in Las Vegas (not from the Mandalay Bay)

Good day out!

17 minutes ago, spunko said:

Hang on, so I can go and buy a deactivated machine gun without any sort of licence or declaration?

You could until recently....but because Brexit got delayed a stupid new Law had to be implemented from across the Channel.

My understanding is that all deactivated guns need to be checked and re-deactivated at a Proof House.  I could be wrong, but some collectors are livid. Collections worth 100K's have become worthless overnight. These guns then need to be licensed.

Sorry to break the bad news....yet another removal of our enjoyment.

Under Regulation 3(1), a person in possession of a deactivated firearm commits an offence unless they have given notice of the deactivated firearm to the appropriate national authority or, where the deactivated firearm has been transferred to the person, the transfer has already been notified by the person transferring ...24 Dec 2019

20 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

I shot one of those in Las Vegas (not from the Mandalay Bay)

Good day out!

I stayed in the Mandalay Bay, great view of the car park! There’s been no mention of what happened afaik.

I went to the Strip Gun Club, shot an M16, Uzi, Magnum 44 and the big rifle. America is great, I hope I never changes

Edited by whitevanman

I used to shoot those 303  Lee Enfeilds at school. We had an armoury and were taught to shoot and  protect the Nation.

We also had a 22 range. I used to shoot every week. Post war and we respected our responsibilities.

Now we have a neurotic controlling class, who possibly worry about ending up looking down the pointy end.....or something.  The Chinese will be here before breakfast because kids and the population don't know how to use these things.

Just my stupid ramblings of an old man of course.

I had this good ol' boy a few years ago. A Marlin 357 underlever. I think it held 7 rounds. Great fun on the range especially with full power rounds. 

I'm actually thinking about rejoining the local club and getting my licence back. Lot more spare time these days (main reason for quitting originally) 

P1020604.JPG

P1020598.JPG