DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Stupid ‘Bernie meme’

Those of you who are afflicted with social media accounts surely can’t help but have noticed the stupid and humourless ‘Bernie meme’ thing going on. I wont insult or annoy people by posting an example, suffice it to say, if you know what I’m talking about, no explanation is necessary, and if you don’t, thank your lucky stars and move on.

Basically it comprises photoshopping a picture of Bernie Saunders huddled under a blanket against the cold and apparently asleep at the Biden inauguration into other photos.

It’s about as funny as cleaning up a cat/dog turd from your front garden. WTF are people doing it and why do they find it so fucking hilarious?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Those of you who are afflicted with social media accounts surely can’t help but have noticed the stupid and humourless ‘Bernie meme’ thing going on. I wont insult or annoy people by posting an example, suffice it to say, if you know what I’m talking about, no explanation is necessary, and if you don’t, thank your lucky stars and move on.

Basically it comprises photoshopping a picture of Bernie Saunders huddled under a blanket against the cold and apparently asleep at the Biden inauguration into other photos.

It’s about as funny as cleaning up a cat/dog turd from your front garden. WTF are people doing it and why do they find it so fucking hilarious?

Memes are for morons.

Particularly ones that feature cartoon frogs, or that daft tart off Channel Four News...

XYY

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

I suspect the bandwidth of this forum to be put to the test later tonight.just to piss he who shall not be named off.however I won’t put the first one up

It’s appreciated.

Its at times like this you find out who your friends are. 😉👍

8 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Memes are for morons.

Particularly ones that feature cartoon frogs, or that daft tart off Channel Four News...

XYY

Yes, but at least those two illustrate a point, even if you don’t agree with that point. The Bernie meme thing seems to be utterly fucking meaningless.

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

It’s appreciated.

Its at times like this you find out who your friends are. 😉👍

I can see 50 year old men asking their kids to forward them to their portable dildos 

Just now, Melchett said:

Yes, but at least those two illustrate a point, even if you don’t agree with that point. The Bernie meme thing seems to be utterly fucking meaningless.

We now have a use for them it’s going to be the gift that keeps on giveing

18 minutes ago, 201p said:

Memes are generally the preserve of 4-chan, trolls, and edgy kids on youtube.

This one has the same characteristics as Hilary doing the DAB on TV.

Our world is going to idiocy, and memes are a symptom.

• 150 years ago a popular activity of the 'ordinary folk' was reading the latest work by Charles Dickens.
  • 50 years ago it was watching Coronation Street.
  • These days it is upvoting 'humorous memes' on social media.

[A friend of mine died earlier this year, a proper clever person.  I remember years ago someone told him that he had to summarise a report into a single sentence -- he replied that his work was complicated and that he really wasn't interested in anyone that couldn't be bothered to even read the abstract, then stood up and walked out.   He was right, but was also wrong -- he remembered the time when loads of people could have got what he'd written by reading it, but these days people don't seem to be capable of concentrating on a single thing for more than a few minutes.]