DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Fantasy Garage

Frank Hovis

15 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

This is a Fiat 131 - Volumetrico-Abarth.  We had one of these when I was a nipper.  We had several 131s, but the built quality on the bog standard models especially, was bloody awful.. 

Fiat_131-Volumetrico-Abarth.JPG

I had a 1300cc 131 with gold paint and a vinyl roof. My first car. It was 14 when I got it and I drove it over the hardknott pass because I didn’t know better and on the map it was the shortest route to the lakes. The bottom rusted out of it later and I couldn’t afford to repair it. Best car I’ve ever had:  You never forget your first car. 😢

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
SomersetMatt
On 23/01/2021 at 20:37, spunko said:

Looks like at least one person in the world has specced their Portfino in this wonderful colour. I've always wanted a British Racing Green colour Bentley Continental as my 'fantasy car'. But now I have changed it to this...

Although this replaced it, I still prefer the California... 

Bricks & Mortar

Mitsubishi Jeep.  They got the license to make these after WW2, and made them up to 1998.  I'd go for a late model, because they come with the same diesel engines you'd find in a Shogun of that time.

Citroen BX GTi.  1983 - 1986 (pre facelift) model.  Considerably less power than the later 16 valve.  But, you only got the 8 valve in the early years, and they changed the dashboard in the facelift, and I'm all about the dashboard when selecting this one.

Toyota Dyna box truck.  I plan to make a camper out of it.  I know, this is fantasy and I coulda had whatever luxury camper... I just want to potter about making it myself.  Would plan to make the body demountable, and maybe get a dropside body... maybe even a cherry picker or gritter... all on extendable legs so the truck can just pick them up, few bolts  and away.

5ab975a4c8f7a_15206148685d565ef66e7dff50C077DE-81B1-4F3D-B3F0-617BD33D3B7A.jpeg

bx-dash.jpg

961604697_3.jpe.jpg

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 2

Caravan Monster

Many years ago this spent a couple of nights in a relative's garage. Tbh I wouldn't really want to own or have responsibility for something so valuable, but it would be cool to give it a good thrashing. Difficult to operate, not that reliable and scary to drive in modern traffic but there is something very visceral about old cars and bikes that has been engineered out of modern machines.

im-146375?width=620&size=1.5005861664712778

• Agree 2

Long time lurking
On 24/01/2021 at 00:04, Dave Beans said:

This is a Fiat 131 - Volumetrico-Abarth.  We had one of these when I was a nipper.  We had several 131s, but the built quality on the bog standard models especially, was bloody awful.. 

Fiat_131-Volumetrico-Abarth.JPG

It`s what the Lada Riva strived to be:D

Happy Renting
On 23/01/2021 at 23:07, OurDayWillCome said:

That is a car I would love to see remastered, it has so much potential to be tidied up and turned into a stunning modern classic...

B3BD59E0-89CC-4E99-B440-FA02148FAE01.jpeg.782f0d90119ea91fb4c0df537a30279b.jpeg

The Series 4 is the one to go for. They have a reputation for complicated electrics and suspension geometry.

Hearsay, I don't speak from experience.

• Agree 2

Guest 3

Give me this car and two-hundred Benson and Hedges, and all crime in your area will end by next Friday...

9110322b4ae7269cad139ca300b87e29.jpg

XYY

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

OurDayWillCome
25 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Give me this car and two-hundred Benson and Hedges, and all crime in your area will end by next Friday...

9110322b4ae7269cad139ca300b87e29.jpg

XYY

Benson and... if you heard that on the walk to school you were about to end up shoved into a hedge. I might start shouting that when I run past Covards - no need to shove them into the hedge as they will do it out of fear of the Rona. 😂

• Lol 1

Guest 3
41 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Benson and... if you heard that on the walk to school you were about to end up shoved into a hedge. I might start shouting that when I run past Covards - no need to shove them into the hedge as they will do it out of fear of the Rona. 😂

I had a paper-round, and could afford the extra one and a half pence for ten Benson's.

My head of year in the fifth-year at school used to accost me and steal my tabs off me more than the other kids because he didn't like Player's No.6...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

OurDayWillCome
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

My head of year in the fifth-year at school used to accost me and steal my tabs off me more than the other kids because he didn't like Player's No.6...

XYY

That takes me back... kids definitely need their iPhones replacing with a pack of fags! I think that’s where society has gone wrong.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2

Guest 3
23 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

That takes me back... kids definitely need their iPhones replacing with a pack of fags! I think that’s where society has gone wrong.

:)

It's the parents who are to blame.

Over-protective twats...

XYY

• Agree 1

nirvana

Citroens........best cars ever :Jumping:  Why? Lightweight and funky looks.....interesting comments re the BX GTI further up too

Got passed by a BX whilst cycling earlier and thought, you look fecking gorgeous pet!

That new C4 even looks bloody good :P

• Agree 2

Hail the Tripod
On 17/03/2021 at 11:16, nirvana said:

Citroens........best cars ever :Jumping: 

I had a Citroen once. The most memorable “feature” was the way the windscreen wipers blew their fuse as soon as it started to rain. Although the seat adjusters that snapped off the first time you tried to adjust the seats were pretty special.

Hmm.  Assuming reliability comes as standard...

I'd need something practical to go down the dump, take on holiday, etc.  Perhaps a Defender.  V8, naturally.  'Original', not the tart's Discovery that they're currently making.

Defender-2.jpg&w=1240&h=800&q=90&a=c&zc=

Something sporty to have some fun in.  I'd like it to be engaging, so none of the modern nonsense.  Maybe a proper 911 (70's, air cooled, nice design).

1970_Porsche_911T22Coup-0-1024.jpg

And something comfy to drive around in.    Perhaps a pre-accountant S-class 

1920px-1979_Mercedes-Benz_280_SEL_(V_116

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alex said:

AC Cobra 427 for the grunt.

Lamborghini Miura for the elegance.

Mini 1275GT for a giggle.

What do you use to do the shopping?

5 hours ago, Option5 said:

Lancia Delta integrale Evo 2

Mazda MX-5 MK1

Dino 246gt

IMG_20200711_175113.jpg

M1A0115-Edit-1024x617.jpg

IMG_20210325_122438.jpg

Good choices. The Dino is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

• Agree 1

Option5
1 minute ago, Alex said:

Good choices. The Dino is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

I've already got the other two. But the Dino is out of my price range.