DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Fantasy Garage

Frank Hovis

7 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I've already got the other two. But the Dino is out of my price range.

There's always the Dino 308GT4...

Maybe not the most beautiful car ever made...

Caravan Monster

Don't normally pay much attention to cars in general, but must admit the Porsche Panamera I saw in a car park the other day turned my head. No idea what I would do with such a thing, quite some presence and no doubt a pleasure to drive.

PORSCHE Panamera Turbo specs & photos - 2016, 2017, 2018 ...

On 23/03/2021 at 13:04, spunko said:

I remember being told at school that that was the reason that they didn't make cars out of aluminium and the teacher talked about WW2 jeeps.  However, I'm not sure that I would enjoy sitting in my steel car that was on fire, thinking "well, at least there will be something left for the scrapman."

• 2 months later...
spunko

I'm looking at trading in my car for a newer one. No idea what to get. I'm a self-confessed BMW fan so this probably won't be to everyone's tastes but I just saw this for sale, it's one of the nicest looking BMWs for a while IMO (sadly, I can't afford it). The pricing is a bit strange, it costs close to six figures :S

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105212923814

It's only 0.2s slower than a 911 Turbo S, mind so encroaching on supercar performance.

spunko
6 minutes ago, nirvana said:

nah that's the hairdressers version, this is the one, boody love the color too!:x

bmw_m3_competition_tanzanite_blue_02.jpg

I really don't like the new M4's grill it looks awful IMO.

nirvana
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, spunko said:

'orrible! :CryBaby:

agree that is fecking gross! And when they put on a UK number plate it's even worse!

For some reason the pic I posted looks stunning methinks.....must be the dark colour

edit..my pic is the M3 Competition

come on you gotta love tech sometimes

The new M3 is certainly well equipped. In addition to the usual suite of driver safety aids, there’s also M Drive Professional which includes a lap timer, driving analysis coach, data recorder and – I kid you not – an M Drift Analyser to rate your skids. It’s a tough marker. A huge drift through Quarry corner at Castle Combe – 160 yards at 24 degrees of oversteer, according to the car – was rated four stars.

Edited by nirvana
  • Informative 1

nirvana
36 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

That M3 competition is a nice car for £80,000. Stick with my MX5 for now I think.

yeah bloody stupid price....I make a few shekels and I start getting carried away xD I drove an MX5 once, then I nearly bought a brand new one from Japan, that was when they stopped doing the pop up lights and I really like the look of the latest one

I always fancied a Caterham 7 or a kit type thing.....think I should just stick with my push bikes and a boring Civic :)

Bobthebuilder
18 minutes ago, nirvana said:

boring Civic

I love Civics, they are like a little van.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, nirvana said:

yeah bloody stupid price....I make a few shekels and I start getting carried away xD I drove an MX5 once, then I nearly bought a brand new one from Japan, that was when they stopped doing the pop up lights and I really like the look of the latest one

I always fancied a Caterham 7 or a kit type thing.....think I should just stick with my push bikes and a boring Civic :)

There's really nothing quite like a 7.  Extraordinarily nice to drive.  

• Cheers 1

Green Devil
2 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

That M3 competition is a nice car for £80,000. Stick with my MX5 for now I think.

I had an MX5, one of the old ones. Lovely motor back in the day. Then had a Elise for a short time, wow what a driver that was. Didnt really like the sound of the old rover engine though, but the driving, it was another level from the MX5. When the crypto is finally mooned, i quite fancy an R8 (V10 of course )

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Chewing Grass
8 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I had an MX5, one of the old ones. Lovely motor back in the day. Then had a Elise for a short time, wow what a driver that was. Didnt really like the sound of the old rover engine though, but the driving, it was another level from the MX5. When the crypto is finally mooned, i quite fancy an R8 (V10 of course )

You will like this, Connaught 2.0 Litre 10,000 RPM V10 going into an MX5.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Green Devil
9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

You will like this, Connaught 2.0 Litre 10,000 RPM V10 going into an MX5.

Thanks, subbed.

spunko
10 hours ago, nirvana said:

agree that is fecking gross! And when they put on a UK number plate it's even worse!

For some reason the pic I posted looks stunning methinks.....must be the dark colour

edit..my pic is the M3 Competition

come on you gotta love tech sometimes

The new M3 is certainly well equipped. In addition to the usual suite of driver safety aids, there’s also M Drive Professional which includes a lap timer, driving analysis coach, data recorder and – I kid you not – an M Drift Analyser to rate your skids. It’s a tough marker. A huge drift through Quarry corner at Castle Combe – 160 yards at 24 degrees of oversteer, according to the car – was rated four stars.

My 2010 M3 had little robotic hands that used to come out of the seat and feed you the top of the seatbelt so you didn't have to arch your body all the way to the right to grab it. I've not seen them on any of my BMW cars since, it was inspired. Plus carpet in the door pockets, to prevent things rattling. Again not seen that since, I think BMW are going downhill and their heydey was fifteen years ago. Best BMW I've ever had is the old V8 M3.

Bet you can get an E92 for less than ten grand now.

I got mine for £45k odd, brand new. It's ridiculous how they've doubled in price in 11 years but nobody seems to care.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Option5

I think I already have my fantasy garage.

1990 MX-5

1994 Lancia Delta Evo2

2004 R53 Mini Cooper S.

1 of each 

Rear wheel drive, four wheel drive and front wheel drive.

Normally aspirated, turbocharged and supercharged.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 4

Popuplights
On 27/05/2021 at 10:24, Option5 said:

I think I already have my fantasy garage.

1990 MX-5

1994 Lancia Delta Evo2

2004 R53 Mini Cooper S.

1 of each 

Rear wheel drive, four wheel drive and front wheel drive.

Normally aspirated, turbocharged and supercharged.

I like that, although your mx5 is a bit new for me.....

Popuplights

I have never driven one, but I fancy a Gallo fly F355 spider, manual gearbox. 

It's the popuplights. That do it for me really. 

• Agree 1

Option5
48 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

I like that, although your mx5 is a bit new for me.....

UK deliveries only started in March 1990.

Mines an April car, 1st batch.

• Cheers 1

Popuplights
10 hours ago, Option5 said:

UK deliveries only started in March 1990.

Mines an April car, 1st batch.

Mines actually a Eunos, October 89 build. 

Option5
On 29/05/2021 at 08:27, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've driven two of those.

Trans Am, gave up trying to keep it in one lane, easier to just work the indicators as it changed direction of its own accord.

Otherwise ok unless you tried to do anything ambitious, like stop, or go round corners.

Aston Martin, fastest transit van I've ever driven.

• Lol 2