DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The start of the Dark Ages

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing is, you don't need to move abroad to avoid the coming storm. Just turn off the TV and radio and live your life as you did before.  Ignorance really is bliss at the moment.

Well, it's a Sunday here in Australia, and thoughts turn to the downcast future that seems to be looming.  It feels very much to me as if we are like Romano-Britains in 400AD, with the forces of order

I was just this minute thinking the same. Once I ditched television and radio (ten years now) I can see and hear so much more clearly. The main thing I learned is that it casts a spell over your mind

Posted Images

5 hours ago, wherebee said:

Well, it's a Sunday here in Australia, and thoughts turn to the downcast future that seems to be looming.  It feels very much to me as if we are like Romano-Britains in 400AD, with the forces of order retreating and being recalled, never to return in our lifetimes whilst the barbarian hordes mass on the horizon and want what we have built up over the decades.

You're forgetting the arse fucking Rome have ancient Britons before establishing any sort of order and hot baths.

Do you think life was any different for peasants with a different master?

2 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Take the Honk Pill fella.

I commend.

Genuinely, I've no idea what the honk pill is ?

But everything I planned for at least the last 20 years, and worked my butt off to achieve, could be unlikely to happen.

If a honk pill is 'a chill out' pill. That's not for me. I don't want life to slip by. I need to find a way to work around the present situation/future outlook to get back on track or find something different that is just as challenging with which I'd be equally happy.

100% happy with everything I've done so far, no regrets yet, but I have a genuine fear of being in a nursing home wishing I'd done something.

2 hours ago, Stuey said:

Spot on.

Graffiting your local railway bridge can also serve as an outlet.

Or if you are even more rebellious like me, buy some stickers from redbubble or somewhere like that, and place them in bus shelters under cover of darkness. 

:ph34r:

:ph34r:

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/arrest-made-brixham-racial-abuse-4856340

34 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

But everything I planned for at least the last 20 years, and worked my butt off to achieve, could be unlikely to happen.

If a honk pill is 'a chill out' pill. That's not for me. I don't want life to slip by. I need to find a way to work around the present situation/future outlook to get back on track or find something different that is just as challenging with which I'd be equally happy.

100% happy with everything I've done so far, no regrets yet, but I have a genuine fear of being in a nursing home wishing I'd done something.

Honk pill is having no regrets. You don't need to know what it is

e0a.gif

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

Perhaps I should get one for the nurse to administer.

Be prepared 'n all that

you are a beacon of misery, in an otherwise bright world. Your username is "wrong".

I've never wanted "honk pills" unless they are a suppository.

@wherebee , as well as being in the wrong state of mind you're in the wrong 'state' - go west young man! Not only are the lights still on, the state gov't has invested in a massive set of disco lights (aka Optus stadium) and man do they dazzle.

The covid thingie has more or less passed us by as we have comrade McStalin's gentle hand on the rudder, no Danny boy over here (to my British viewers he's Victoria's head honcho).

I won't mention house prices, sorry I just did, but just like the disco lights they are dazzling. Next door 300k (if you're lucky) went for 475K, the cash buyers are sub-dividing it don'tcha know into 2 blocks of 10m x 35m @ only 325K each, and they'll get it too. I was hammering on the door of my local commonwealth bank branch the day after wanting a surefire loan for a 2nd property but at 66 they told me I'd missed the boat and could I please feck-off as they had other suck..er more eligible customers who they could screw for a full 30 years.

Ignore that last sentence as it doesn't fit the narrative I just put it in to show that even tho' the gov't demand the banks loosen lending standards they are not totally stupid. But saying that 8 properties within walking distance of my abode have all been sold/demolished/sub-divided for top dollar AND during Covid - Comrade you CAN fool all of the people ALL the time.

As it's Invasion Day on Tuesday, stop playing with your didgeridoo at the back, I advise you don't read an online version of 'The West' as the first settlers..sorry in WA must be the second settlers totally obliterated a first world culture by bringing leccy, hot/cold running water i.e. showers, automobiles, a 40 hour working week - HAHA.  But at least we repay billions every year in taxes as compo for this which gives one a lovely 'we're all in it  together' feeling. Wish I wasn't tone deaf as I feel that one could be a chart-topper, such is life!

So Where-e-bee, be-in-the-west as life's rosy (or it's the disco lights), aaaaannd sorry just locked the border again except for chinese/indian students and their wealthy parents esp CCP members as they bring in loadsa money!

Apologies for the above advertisement but I feel you should be aware that 'The West is Best' as the radio jingles tell me and remember you've 'Got to be in it to win it'. :wanker:

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

you are a beacon of misery, in an otherwise bright world. Your username is "wrong".

I've never wanted "honk pills" unless they are a suppository.

Had a work colleague in Spain who, while we were on field work, got an infection from a critter bite and had to go to the Dr for treatment.

I didn't really like the guy as he made attempts at progress akin to swimming upstream in a river of treacle.

It was very amusing watching him struggle to swallow the pill each breakfast for a week.

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

Had a work colleague in Spain who, while we were on field work, got an infection from a critter bite and had to go to the Dr for treatment.

I didn't really like the guy as he made attempts at progress akin to swimming upstream in a river of treacle.

It was very amusing watching him struggle to swallow the pill each breakfast for a week.

It's very disturbing to watch arse injected medicine. It seems to be a German thing, according to this educational documentary I downloaded from a dubious source.

2 hours ago, wherebee said:

Yeah but..... it's fuckin' PERTH mate....

Thanks for reminding me, I needed to be brought back to reality :CryBaby:. Though what reality is I'm fecked if I know, seriously atm in Perth is like a repeat of 2012/3 but on steroids. New car sales - join the waiting list, used cars add 5K to the value, HOUSES- think of a phone no & double it and add 20K and you'll get gazumped before your cheques cleared, all this with half the working population on short time/furlough. The govt has just shutdown & removed the homeless tent city from the middle of Freo 'cos they were anarchists, as stated by mark (he who walks on water) McStalin State Premier and God's representative on Earth.

I feel better having got that lot off my chest............. nurse! nurse! :Old:

8 minutes ago, Zootle Wordle said:

Thanks for reminding me, I needed to be brought back to reality :CryBaby:. Though what reality is I'm fecked if I know, seriously atm in Perth is like a repeat of 2012/3 but on steroids. New car sales - join the waiting list, used cars add 5K to the value, HOUSES- think of a phone no & double it and add 20K and you'll get gazumped before your cheques cleared, all this with half the working population on short time/furlough. The govt has just shutdown & removed the homeless tent city from the middle of Freo 'cos they were anarchists, as stated by mark (he who walks on water) McStalin State Premier and God's representative on Earth.

I feel better having got that lot off my chest............. nurse! nurse! :Old:

Its worse there now than in 2012/13??

Never forget going on a river cruise from Perth to Fremantle thinking it would be about the history of the Swan river. Most of the commentary was about the fuckin house prices. - Gina bought that - most expensive house in Australia ever.........

3 hours ago, Hopeful said:

It’s a strange time but better days ahead for sure.