Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Covid Thinking


Great Guy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Great Guy

Outside my town there is a council car park that a lot of people use for going for walks in the countryside. Due to covid they have closed it... as a result people are parking on the road...

It's a high speed road and now its effectively a single track road due to people parking on it. FFS, how is this safer? How can you realistically catch covid by going for a walk in the countryside? Now you gave families etc walking along a high speed road. 

  • Agree 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell
16 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Outside my town there is a council car park that a lot of people use for going for walks in the countryside. Due to covid they have closed it... as a result people are parking on the road...

It's a high speed road and now its effectively a single track road due to people parking on it. FFS, how is this safer? How can you realistically catch covid by going for a walk in the countryside? Now you gave families etc walking along a high speed road. 

Dovestones has been so crowded the farmer can't get to the animals and some have died as a result

  • Informative 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Popuplights

Yes. Same kind of thinking at Winchester Cathedral, who have removed all the benches in the inner close, so people now have to sit on the ground. 

Absolutely crazy, and certainly not what Jesus would do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MrLibertyRedux
7 minutes ago, Popuplights said:

Yes. Same kind of thinking at Winchester Cathedral, who have removed all the benches in the inner close, so people now have to sit on the ground. 

Absolutely crazy, and certainly not what Jesus would do. 

The World has quite clearly lost its mind.

  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

And closing toilets....where's the logic in that?

 

We can all crap at the side of the road, like in India. I'll bet the Indians wish they had more public bogs, but sometimes they don't.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

And closing toilets....where's the logic in that?

 

Toilets and showers an infection control nightmare at hospitals, no reason public toilets not the same. A lot of sense really unless they are going to be cleaned round the clock like motorway services etc.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell
27 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

And closing toilets....where's the logic in that?

 

Because it can transmit through faecal matter?

And people are dirty bastards that would put cleaning staff at high risk. 

And it would encourage people to go out

 

Just now, onlyme said:

Toilets and showers an infection control nightmare at hospitals, no reason public toilets not the same. A lot of sense really unless they are going to be cleaned round the clock like motorway services etc.

We are told that they need a daily deep clean and clean after each use so allotment toilets are not open.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Much of the response to Covid is the result of a long 'logic chain' where the end result isn't actually related to the original point*.  You see this in the closure of car parks, banning of sales of alcohol, etc etc.

[* I've not heard of the 'correct' name for this.  Perhaps it should be 'Chinese Logic' (ie Chinese Whispers) except that that's racist]

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great Guy

Lol, I drove past the car park today. Someone had moved the barriers and there was about a dozen cars in the car park. There was three cop cars and a police van there. I assume they were "interviewing" people that had parked there.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Popuplights said:

Yes. Same kind of thinking at Winchester Cathedral, who have removed all the benches in the inner close, so people now have to sit on the ground. 

Absolutely crazy, and certainly not what Jesus would do. 

Yeah what’s with the removal of benches ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Popuplights
19 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Yeah what’s with the removal of benches ? 

I have no idea what they are thinking. Mass insanity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Yeah what’s with the removal of benches ? 

What are the birds going to shit on now?

Edit: Oops, sorry, should have checked up-thread first. I thought this was referring to park benches, lol.

 

Edited by Stuffed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Yeah what’s with the removal of benches ? 

Just more removal of the small joys in life. Promotion of fear......it’s too dangerous to sit on a bench.

It’s really nice to sit on a bench and watch the world go by. I often sit on the high street benches and also the countryside one's in my town/area. 

If they remove any of them I’ll make a point of getting an easily carried portable seat and sit on that.

  • Agree 3
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great Guy
51 minutes ago, Ash4781b said:

Yeah what’s with the removal of benches ? 

Dont know? Maybe they are scared people are licking them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the gardener
1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Lol, I drove past the car park today. Someone had moved the barriers and there was about a dozen cars in the car park. There was three cop cars and a police van there. I assume they were "interviewing" people that had parked there.

That reminds me. I must go out and cut the cable ties the council have used to lock the children's playground. There's a few stupid coronavirus signs up as well, they're going in the bin. 

  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ashestoashes
2 minutes ago, the gardener said:

That reminds me. I must go out and cut the cable ties the council have used to lock the children's playground. There's a few stupid coronavirus signs up as well, they're going in the bin. 

keep the signs, might become collectors items in the future

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the gardener
1 hour ago, Popuplights said:

I have no idea what they are thinking. Mass insanity. 

These people are dangerous. They get a (stupid) idea put in their heads and they will out-compete each other in a stupidity contest, going further and further into insanity measures. 

All that was needed was the government to point them at the (imaginary) problem (Covid-19) and off they fucking go into full-on clown world. 

Edited by the gardener
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, the gardener said:

These people are dangerous. They get a (stupid) idea put in their heads and they will out-compete each other in a stupidity contest, going further and further into insanity measures. 

All that was needed was the government to point them at the (imaginary) problem (Covid-19) and off they fucking go into full-on clown world. 

The trouble is, there an asymmetry in the response vs punishment for getting it wrong.

Ie, No-one will be fired for removing a bench.  Someone might get fired for not removing a bench.

What's more, you won't be able to be fired in the future for removing a bench in the past (ie now), because you've always got the defence that it was 'best policy' at that point in time.

So, as far as 'management' is concerned you just can't do too much at the moment.

[There's a name for this sort of thing -- I can't recall, but it is a known phenomenon]

 

 

  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the gardener
1 hour ago, dgul said:

The trouble is, there an asymmetry in the response vs punishment for getting it wrong.

Ie, No-one will be fired for removing a bench.  Someone might get fired for not removing a bench.

What's more, you won't be able to be fired in the future for removing a bench in the past (ie now), because you've always got the defence that it was 'best policy' at that point in time.

So, as far as 'management' is concerned you just can't do too much at the moment.

[There's a name for this sort of thing -- I can't recall, but it is a known phenomenon]

 

 

Indeed. And this is how you get the Healthcare, police, local authorities etc all (unwittingly) in on the act. They all feed off each other and you end up with the madness of crowds. People like those on this forum are but a few voices drowned out by the roaring of the masses. 

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, dgul said:

The trouble is, there an asymmetry in the response vs punishment for getting it wrong.

Ie, No-one will be fired for removing a bench.  Someone might get fired for not removing a bench.

What's more, you won't be able to be fired in the future for removing a bench in the past (ie now), because you've always got the defence that it was 'best policy' at that point in time.

So, as far as 'management' is concerned you just can't do too much at the moment.

[There's a name for this sort of thing -- I can't recall, but it is a known phenomenon]

It makes me think of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

Where possible, therefore, people should make removing benches more costly / risky for these bastards.

"They" have provided tools that can be turned against them for this. Disability discrimination, for example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
On 24/01/2021 at 10:43, onlyme said:

Toilets and showers an infection control nightmare at hospitals, no reason public toilets not the same. A lot of sense really unless they are going to be cleaned round the clock like motorway services etc.

But this rather presupposes that if a toilet isn’t available people will simply not urinate and defecate, which is only marginally true. While the real truth is the toilets were installed in the first place because they are so very, very much more hygienic than the alternative.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/01/2021 at 20:59, dgul said:

The trouble is, there an asymmetry in the response vs punishment for getting it wrong.

Ie, No-one will be fired for removing a bench.  Someone might get fired for not removing a bench.

What's more, you won't be able to be fired in the future for removing a bench in the past (ie now), because you've always got the defence that it was 'best policy' at that point in time.

So, as far as 'management' is concerned you just can't do too much at the moment.

[There's a name for this sort of thing -- I can't recall, but it is a known phenomenon]

 

 

Yes unfortunately the logical conclusion is to remove all benches. And that’s what is happening. Atleast from what I have seen.  
 

Other odd things are shopping centres re-creating Pac-Man style directions on floors and paths that go no-where into loops. Clearly most people ignore but if you look down it’s like an airport floor map on steroids.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

dillinger
On 24/01/2021 at 10:15, Wahoo said:

And closing toilets....where's the logic in that?

 

They did that during first lockdown here in Northern Ireland but I have a Radar Key.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...