• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Inoperational Bumblebee

ICOs

Does that stand for Initial Coin Offering?

Know a friend who can program a blockchain - then get some marketing in like it will be the next thing since Bitcoin as that is old tech now. Get some celebs to say they are buyers, maybe some politicians and central bankers (give them 10m free coins each).

You have to be inside or you're outside.

Blockchain speculation is the ultimate ponzi. Please don't be surprised, insulted, offended, triggered, or unlike me on facebook (please don't unlike me on facebook!) We're all consenting punting adults here (I hope).

In a normal ponzi, you need more people to join the later layers. So the graph looks like this:

screen-shot-2015-05-12-at-5-46-11-pm1.png&f=1

An exponential curve. And so the number of people needed to continue it will run out quickly.

But in a blockchain puzzle, the curve is flattened. It is harder for new entrants to join, as the puzzle get's geometrically harder as it nears completion. When you flatten a curve, time is extended.

screen-shot-2015-05-12-at-5-46-11-pm1.png&f=1screen-shot-2015-05-12-at-5-46-11-pm1.png&f=1

I have no doubt blockchain is here to stay but at what prices? Who knows. You have to get up and dance while the music is playing.

8 hours ago, 201p said:

Know a friend who can program a blockchain - then get some marketing in like it will be the next thing since Bitcoin as that is old tech now. Get some celebs to say they are buyers, maybe some politicians and central bankers (give them 10m free coins each).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225690.0

I had a go, its not trivial.

Hmm. It is dressed as "hard", but the bubble will burst if the masses found out it is easy to "copy and paste" blockchain coins.

What is harder creating a new blockchain, or for a blockchain puzzle to be completed? I think it will be the former, by many orders of magnitude.

Edited by 201p