DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The company to whom I sell my solar electricity have twice sent me an email linking to a site where I can make "pledges" to protect the planet.

Why do companies feel the need to have a corporate view upon matters which do not concern them?  Especially as it is all utterly meaningless guff.

It's bad enough when pop stars and actors do it.

Next week Kwik Fit Fitters offers their solution for a pathway to peace in Kashmir which you can like on their Facebook page.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

The company to whom I sell my solar electricity have twice sent me an email linking to a site where I can make "pledges" to protect the planet.

Why do companies feel the need to have a corporate view upon matters which do not concern them?  Especially as it is all utterly meaningless guff.

Next week Kwik Fit Fitters offers their solution for a pathway to peace in Kashmir which you can like on their Facebook page.

I think it’s more insidious than simple virtue signaling. We are all aware that dissenting voices can find themselves pursued in work, real life and at home by those who consider themselves to be some sort of moral/ethical stasi. I suspect some businesses are deliberately trying to be seen to be aligned with the woke agenda. Sticking to your core business and keeping your opinions to yourself is no longer adequate. LinkedIn is particularly bad for this behaviour by businesses and their  ‘Communications Teams’. :wanker:

50 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Appearing to be 'environmentally aware' can open up funding streams, get a company included in particular investment funds etc. They probably don't care whether you pledge or not, or they may keep statistics on the number that do so for 'proof' of their environmental works 

Being environmentally good is not a bad thing IMO, but in my experience, most times it's just meaningless platitudes with no follow through, which means no progress is actually made.

Edited by Hopeful
4 hours ago, Hopeful said:

Appearing to be 'environmentally aware' can open up funding streams, get a company included in particular investment funds etc. They probably don't care whether you pledge or not, or they may keep statistics on the number that do so for 'proof' of their environmental works 

Being environmentally good is not a bad thing IMO, but in my experience, most times it's just meaningless platitudes with no follow through, which means no progress is actually made.

If someone asks me about being environmental, I just reply that I am donating to a charity to keep the African population down.

Usually starts a nice fight.

3 minutes ago, wherebee said:

If someone asks me about being environmental, I just reply that I am donating to a charity to keep the African population down.

Usually starts a nice fight.

xD

It's our helpful intervention in Africa that has fekked things up on the continent