DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

EU Vaccine Fiasco

TheBlueCat

Talking about fiasco...I cringe when I see hordes of the vulnerable congregating in poorly ventilated sports halls for their JIPAs. First time outside for a year. 

• Agree 1

This is *huge*

After Brexit and the migration crisis there was a need to show tht the EU could step up and deal with big things

First thing that fucked up - vaccine arrived near Xmas, so most of EUcrats had long fucked off for Xmas shutdown.

Nothing happened; no urgency.

They sat around, finding to find a fucking consensus.

Then there was the picking a Euro champion.

AZ/Oxford is British, so a non no.

The German people work for a private company ... supported by US money. Pure filth.

So the European champion was pushed forward

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20210126-humiliation-french-see-covid-19-vaccine-flops-as-sign-of-decline

French of course.

And now its all gone to shit youve got German media spreading BS about the AZ vaccine.

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/london-playbook/politico-london-playbook-az-vs-eu-whats-8-percent-in-german-jabba-the-cut/

Idiots banging on about keeping vaccines in Europe. The sort of thing Europe was accusing Trump of doing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/26/eu-means-business-covid-vaccine-exports-ursula-von-der-leyen

Then banging o about AZ making vast profits - whereas they are making the virus at cost.

• Agree 7
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 1

1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

So basically we signed up 3 months before Europe, and Brussels is now having a hissy-fit.

UK - and the US and other grown up countries - expedited the vaccine approval.

UK + US also splashed out the cash for the research, the testing and the production.

EU fannied around, seeking ';consensus'

Then chanelled money to a French company, as they needed a EU champion that wasnt a profit driven capitalist or British.

The quote thats various EU French and German have put on record ar fucking dammning and will huant the whole continent.

• Agree 4

sarahbell
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Then banging o about AZ making vast profits - whereas they are making the virus at cost.

Vaccine. 

No wait. Maybe you're right.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 6
  • Cheers 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9191873/German-media-savages-EU-vaccine-shambles-calls-advert-Brexit.html

• German newspapers have today rounded on the EU over the slow pace of Covid vaccinations to Europe
  • One called the crisis 'an advert for Brexit', saying the EU acted slowly, bureaucratically, and is blaming others
  • Another tore apart EU chief Ursula von der Leyen's defence line by line, accusing her of placing 'junk' orders three months later than the UK, wasting time with bureaucracy and shirking responsibility for the problems
  • Both reports quoted an employee of vaccine-maker AstraZeneca who said: 'I understand Brexit better now' 

Theyll understand brexit better when they see the EUers count in June.

38536178-9191873-image-a-30_161174405602

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2

4 hours ago, Bornagain said:

The invite the suppliers to submit proposals - RFQ.

Raise an order.

Brilliant, you should write a book.

Missed the bit in there somewhere about checking the company's diversity quotas, equality mission statements, etc, etc,etc for a few months.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Yadda yadda yadda
4 hours ago, sarahbell said:

bad Hungary. 

Hexit?

Worth a lol for that photo alone. Von Der lazy usually tries to look glamorous for her age.

• Agree 1

SpectrumFX

This highlights my fundamental issue with the EU. They've lost sight of the principle of the rule of law. You saw it with the bank bailouts, which shouldn't have happened as they did under the state aid legislation.

Now it's fuck the contract, fuck your legal obligations to others. Give us what we want.

It's not a good look, and I wouldn't want to live or run a business under such a regime.

• Agree 8

I'm being pretty cynical but I thought it was a boon not being the first in line for this medical/ genetic (?) experiment.

Just spoke to my dad again and he couldn't help adding in if there was any word on the vaccine for me.  Apparently him my sister, brother in law and niece have all had.  I didn't say much apart from thankfully not yet.  He told me I should speak to the doctors in the family, a few weeks ago he was saying they didn't know anything and were just following along with whatever sturgeon came out with hoping it was the right course of action.

Then got a few comments, not a rant, but nevertheless regarding people who don't take being selfish etc.  It's as if since they have sacrificed so much in taking the vax like good little citizens, that I should automatically follow, even if it turns out to be not the best idea.

Sorry probably wrong thread but wth its vaccine related.  Maybe I should be happy a passport is probably on the way and we are all about to be coherced into taking.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I'm being pretty cynical but I thought it was a boon not being the first in line for this medical/ genetic (?) experiment.

I did wonder if the EU had delayed putting in an order to see how the vaccine was received by the UK citizens and other early adopters. Now it appears there are no serious side effects it makes the delay look bad but if there had been hundreds of serious UK cases soon after vaccination they'd be looking a lot better by hanging back a few months.

How did the EU PPE pool-ordering work out last year? Seem to remember some saying the UK deciding not to join that process was a bad move, so these things can only really be judged in hindsight and it takes strong leadership to make the hard decisions up front without knowing for sure it's the right one.

• Agree 2

sarahbell
3 minutes ago, BoSon said:

I did wonder if the EU had delayed putting in an order to see how the vaccine was received by the UK citizens and other early adopters. Now it appears there are no serious side effects it makes the delay look bad but if there had been hundreds of serious UK cases soon after vaccination they'd be looking a lot better by hanging back a few months.

How did the EU PPE pool-ordering work out last year? Seem to remember some saying the UK deciding not to join that process was a bad move, so these things can only really be judged in hindsight and it takes strong leadership to make the hard decisions up front without knowing for sure it's the right one.

Nope.

Our govt has ordered tons of vaccines. about 7 times more than we'd ever need.

the eu is just a bag of shite.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

JohnThePessimist

It does appear to have been an unholy combination of bureaucracy, protectionism (Sanofi), and most of the European leadership on holiday in July & August. The problem now is their refusal to acknowledge their incompetence and so they blame someone else.

• Agree 5

SpectrumFX
1 hour ago, Dogtania said:

Just spoke to my dad again and he couldn't help adding in if there was any word on the vaccine for me.  Apparently him my sister, brother in law and niece have all had.  I didn't say much apart from thankfully not yet.  He told me I should speak to the doctors in the family, a few weeks ago he was saying they didn't know anything and were just following along with whatever sturgeon came out with hoping it was the right course of action.

Then got a few comments, not a rant, but nevertheless regarding people who don't take being selfish etc.  It's as if since they have sacrificed so much in taking the vax like good little citizens, that I should automatically follow, even if it turns out to be not the best idea.

Sorry probably wrong thread but wth its vaccine related.  Maybe I should be happy a passport is probably on the way and we are all about to be coherced into taking.

I think the best argument to take is that it's important that the limited vaccine that's available goes to those who benefit from it the most. And you'll wait your turn and have it at the appropriate time.

That'll get them off your back, and give you a couple of months to see what the results of the vaccine roll out are before you're forced to decide whether to have it or not.

• Agree 3

55 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Nope.

Our govt has ordered tons of vaccines. about 7 times more than we'd ever need.

the eu is just a bag of shite.

We could sell them some of our surplus?

In gold, naturally. None of that 'funny money' they use over there.

• Lol 2

1 hour ago, BoSon said:

That would be valid if they'd waited until the phase 4 results came out.

They're just going with the worst of all worlds.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Mirror Mirror
4 hours ago, spygirl said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9191873/German-media-savages-EU-vaccine-shambles-calls-advert-Brexit.html

• German newspapers have today rounded on the EU over the slow pace of Covid vaccinations to Europe
  • One called the crisis 'an advert for Brexit', saying the EU acted slowly, bureaucratically, and is blaming others
  • Another tore apart EU chief Ursula von der Leyen's defence line by line, accusing her of placing 'junk' orders three months later than the UK, wasting time with bureaucracy and shirking responsibility for the problems
  • Both reports quoted an employee of vaccine-maker AstraZeneca who said: 'I understand Brexit better now' 

Theyll understand brexit better when they see the EUers count in June.

38536178-9191873-image-a-30_161174405602

Brilliant. Made my day.

Von der Leyen’s incompetence and arrogance rising yet again to the fore.

• Agree 4

Mirror Mirror
2 hours ago, dgul said:

If we'd have stayed in the EU what's the betting that we'd be much lower down the list for vaccines than Germany and France..?

Ah well, Brexit was bound to have its downside.

• Lol 3