DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

AMC - I joined the madness. 420 quids worth

No One

Hello all ,

I joined the madness for shits and giggles. No big money though. 

420 quid is not something I will cry about if it goes down, but if it goes up tomorrow again I can cash out and put it into BP.

You have to have balls (and no brain) to get on this ride.

Thoughts?

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 3
Loki
2 hours ago, No One said:

Hello all ,

420 quid is not something I will cry about if it goes down, but if it goes up tomorrow again I can cash out and put it into BP.

Thoughts?

Hope you priced in my protection money, if you don't pay I WILL buy it and it WILL dump. xD

Democorruptcy
2 hours ago, No One said:

Hello all ,

Thoughts?

How have you invested the £420?

No One

Im up 20%. I hope tomorrow it doubles and I can get out with some nice gainz

4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

How have you invested the £420?

Bought through T212

• Cheers 1
No One

It was mad, when the markets i in the US opened, T212 and FreeTrade crashed

• Agree 1
Heart's Ease

8 AMC at $16.61 on my freetrade yesterday morning.

Good luck to them.

invalid
11 hours ago, No One said:

Im up 20%. I hope tomorrow it doubles and I can get out with some nice gainz

Bought through T212

In 'order to mitgate risk' T212 have blocked buys of Gamestop and AMC.....

I was tempted to throw in a couple of hundred quid on each and would be happy to lose it just to be part of it.

This is not investing, it's a revolt against the systems that enslaves so many.

• Agree 2
Heart's Ease
Just now, No One said:

They blocked me the absolute BASTARDS

Who?

No One

Trading 212

Robin hood did the same for the Yanks.

Alexandra Ocadio Cortex and Ted Cruz are making noises about an investigation

Heart's Ease
1 minute ago, No One said:

Trading 212

Robin hood did the same for the Yanks.

Alexandra Ocadio Cortex and Ted Cruz are making noises about an investigation

See you over in the GameStop thread!

No One

Article from the so-called BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55837519

Amateur investors are responding with outrage after trading platforms curbed buying of shares in the US games firm GameStop and other companies.

The moves by Robinhood and Interactive Brokers follow days of frenzied trading that led to massive gains for some stocks.

Shares in GameStop dived by as much as 55% after the restrictions.

It is the latest twist in a battle that has pitted amateur investors against Wall Street giants.

Major hedge funds had bet billions of dollars that GameStop's shares would fall.

But they have faced major losses after amateurs, swapping tips on social media sites such as Reddit, drove up the share price by more than 700% in a week.

Myron SakkasIMAGE COPYRIGHTMYRON SAKKAS
image captionMyron Sakkas says traders like him are angry

One of those amateur traders is 18-year-old Myron Sakkas of Coventry, who is studying at Warwick University.

He lost £30 on Gamestop shares, which he owned for "a couple of hours" and sold when he saw what was happening.

He has had an account on the Trading 212 platform since August last year and is hoping to go into investment banking after he gets his degree.

But for now, he is disillusioned by what he sees as "market manipulation" directed against people like him. In addition to Robinhood and Interactive Brokers, several other trading platforms imposed restrictions.

"When ordinary people try to make money in a system where only rich traders can make money, that's what happens," he told the BBC.

"They support a capitalist free market only when it works for them. What we saw today was not a free market and it forced an awful lot of people to lose an awful lot of money."

Myron says he has been locked out of his account and is unable to use it while his identity is being checked. But when he gains access again, he plans to take out the £1,000 he has in it and call a halt.

"Maybe I won't trade for a while, to be honest," he says. "I've got other stuff to do."

'Ordinary people getting rich'

The sudden surge has drawn questions from regulators, who are monitoring trading amid fears of illegal activity.

However, the amateur investors say they are just playing Wall Street at its own game.

In online forums they accused Robinhood of enacting its own form of market manipulation by restricting purchases of GameStop shares.

Dave Portnoy, founder of the Barstool Sports blog, who has emerged as one of the most high-profile amateur traders during the pandemic, wrote on Twitter that the firm was restricting free market trading.

"Democratizing finance for all except when we manipulate the market, cause too many ordinary people are getting rich," he wrote.

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.View original tweet on Twitter

The anger united politicians in the US whose views typically sharply diverge.

Representative Alexandria Occasional-Cortex, known for her leftist views, called the restrictions "unacceptable" and called for a hearing, to which Sen Ted Cruz, a staunch Republican, replied, "Fully agree".

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.View original tweet on Twitter

No One
24 minutes ago, Harley said:

Crap BBC as usual - a hearing into exactly what and whom!!!!!

Investigate Robinhood for their decision to stop users from buying GME and AMC

• Agree 1
Harley
1 hour ago, No One said:

Investigate Robinhood for their decision to stop users from buying GME and AMC

We'll see!!!!

No One

AMC is up pre market

Robinhood and T212 have allowed buy again, but the damage is done. I opened a Freetrade account, I will begin transfering out of one and into the other.

Only issue is the 3 pounds per month ISA cost.

But as they say, if you aren't paying for a product you are the product.

• Cheers 1
nirvana
18 minutes ago, No One said:

I opened a Freetrade account, I will begin transfering out of one and into the other.

dude why don't you open a proper trading account? say IG.....all this app based shite is for cunts* :P

*no offence but something 'twisted my mellow' this morning so I'm on a mission to see how many times I can say cunt today whilst actually trying to be helpful too :Jumping: