DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Patent 060606

I'm going to sound like a full conspiraloon here but does anyone find this utterly terrifying? It's a patent application by Microsoft to use body activity to mine cryptocurrency. My immediate thought was humans being enslaved to mine currency for billionaires. I just can't see any legitimate use for this that cannot be exploited...

Anyone know anything more? The 'fact checker' websites go to great lengths to point out that it doesn't mention microchips as if that makes it all the better...

The world is going to hell in a handcart :Old:

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2020060606

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

I'm going to sound like a full conspiraloon here but does anyone find this utterly terrifying? It's a patent application by Microsoft to use body activity to mine cryptocurrency. My immediate thought was humans being enslaved to mine currency for billionaires. I just can't see any legitimate use for this that cannot be exploited...

Anyone know anything more? The 'fact checker' websites go to great lengths to point out that it doesn't mention microchips as if that makes it all the better...

I love it! And the patent number is 6,6,6 ! This story has everything! 

..... and you thought my Pi coin was bad!

Clearly current crypto mining is going to melt the planet. 

So by linking mining to calorific value, we save the planet*

*Except for the growing of food, production of food and the heat expressed by the consumer. 

6 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I love it! And the patent number is 6,6,6 ! This story has everything! 

..... and you thought my Pi coin was bad!

Your Pi Coin IS bad. Why didn't you get us to invest in GameStop?!?

4 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Clearly current crypto mining is going to melt the planet. 

So by linking mining to calorific value, we save the planet*

*Except for the growing of food, production of food and the heat expressed by the consumer. 

Your Pi Coin IS bad. Why didn't you get us to invest in GameStop?!?

Because you all ignored my ARGO investment and it returned 500% or more! (1600% for me).

Edited by Vendetta
Just now, Vendetta said:

Because you all ignored my ARGO investment ! 

I wasn't invested then. I've done a lifetime's research on stonks today!

Much easier to pump and dump those a find a greater fools who came to the rediit thread late. 

1 minute ago, JohnThePessimist said:

I’m looking for a positive in that post, and the only one I can find is that it wasn’t the Express....

He could have been reading the articles?

1 minute ago, The Generation Game said:

I wasn't invested then. I've done a lifetime's research on stonks today!

Much easier to pump and dump those a find a greater fools who came to the rediit thread late. 

Hope you enjoyed AMC today! It was next on the Reddit list! They did tell us! Started at $5 today ! 

295C340F-6B45-4435-88CD-2EBF30661EF2.jpeg

Edited by Vendetta
5 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Hope you enjoyed AMC today! It was next on the Reddit list! They did tell us! 

295C340F-6B45-4435-88CD-2EBF30661EF2.jpeg

I did see tweets saying how there were no buyers in the market as people were only buying GME and AMC. 

I knew nothing of it until I watching Sargon's podcast this afternoon. Very entertaining, complete with sea shanty. 

They're just trying to decouple crypto 'mining' from computers.

It is another one of those things where they've found a problem in crypto (massive server farms using loads of power!) and have suggested a solution (get the human to do the mining!)

The trouble is, they've found a solution that won't work for a problem that isn't there.

I also note that the humans aren't actually mining -- this is a 'proof of effort' system that then released pre-mined coins (I think).  It is exactly the sort of crypto approach that only actually makes sense to those releasing the coins, which I think Microsoft wants to be them.

Patents have become a complete disaster -- they're not used very much for innovation, but far too much for speculative punts by mulitnationals.

IMO all patents should have a 5 year limit -- if you've not done something worthwhile with your patent within 5 years it becomes void.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

It is another one of those things where they've found a problem in crypto (massive server farms using loads of power!) and have suggested a solution (get the human to do the mining!)

The trouble is, they've found a solution that won't work for a problem that isn't there.

I also note that the humans aren't actually mining -- this is a 'proof of effort' system that then released pre-mined coins (I think).  It is exactly the sort of crypto approach that only actually makes sense to those releasing the coins, which I think Microsoft wants to be them.

Patents have become a complete disaster -- they're not used very much for innovation, but far too much for speculative punts by mulitnationals.

IMO all patents should have a 5 year limit -- if you've not done something worthwhile with your patent within 5 years it becomes void.

Agreed.

I had a great idea that would save hundreds of kids lives every year.

Tried to get it going but some bastard had patented something similar a few years before so I couldn't proceed without buying him out.

Still hasn't come to market even 20 years later.

Should be use it or lose it.

13 minutes ago, dgul said:

Just tie it to teenage boys wanking and they will have all the bit coins mined in no time.

51 minutes ago, spunko said:

I would like to state categorcally on the open Internet that I am looking forward to being mined by our Crypto Currency Overlords....

#Sten Guns for Everyone