DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Investment Club Share tips

The company I work for are starting an investment club for a bit of fun. I have very limited knowledge of shares or trading, so was hoping some of you wise folk could suggest a medium/high risk share to put forward. The rules are:

•    Members can contribute between £10-50
•    Investment will be 10x levered by business 
•    Members can nominate up to two investment ideas with a half page investment doc 
•    Investment committee (TBD) will decide on 10 (or so – depends on how many sign up) publicly traded investments 
•    The club will monitor investments and take decisions periodically on whether to come out, reinvest etc. Portfolio will be liquidated at Christmas and members receive (hopefully) their levered gains.
•    Investments can go up as well as down! You maximum exposure would be the initial stake of £10-50.

Some of the blokes at work fancy themselves as amateur traders, be good to suggest something other than Tesla or Amazon. What about a printer/monitor/webcam/laptop component manufacturer? Noticed a shortage of these online with everyone wfh.

HZM is a good one, but IMO it will make or break in the next 6 months with announcement of financing for their mine projects.

Does it have to be a UK stock? Carbios SA is pretty interesting.

Agronomics is also worth a look - essentially lab grown meats & future agri tech.

Also, I would potentially say ARB if there is a bounce in Bitcoin (Definitely the highest risk option imo)

Current ISA positions:

CLEANSPARK (Energy and fwempcoin)
GENIUS BRANDS INTL (Nice chart)
IDEANOMICS INC (EV and crypto fintech)
Marathon Patent Group Inc (Biscuitcoin)
MicroStrategy Inc  (treasury of The One True Coin) 
Riot Blockchain Inc (Eloncoin)   
SILVERGATE CAP (Crypto fintech)
TATTOOED CHEF INC  (Clean meat Nom Noms excellent numbers)
Tiziana Life Sciences PLC (Covid gamble innit)

Current spread bets:

Silver (The next and much bigger WSB bet, I hope - no way they can block every Silver derivitive and asset is there? Can we make them make Silver illegal?)

On 27/01/2021 at 20:24, Gloommonger said:

The company I work for are starting an investment club for a bit of fun. I have very limited knowledge of shares or trading, so was hoping some of you wise folk could suggest a medium/high risk share to put forward. The rules are:

•    Members can contribute between £10-50
•    Investment will be 10x levered by business 
•    Members can nominate up to two investment ideas with a half page investment doc 
•    Investment committee (TBD) will decide on 10 (or so – depends on how many sign up) publicly traded investments 
•    The club will monitor investments and take decisions periodically on whether to come out, reinvest etc. Portfolio will be liquidated at Christmas and members receive (hopefully) their levered gains.
•    Investments can go up as well as down! You maximum exposure would be the initial stake of £10-50.

Some of the blokes at work fancy themselves as amateur traders, be good to suggest something other than Tesla or Amazon. What about a printer/monitor/webcam/laptop component manufacturer? Noticed a shortage of these online with everyone wfh.

AMD, currently miles ahead of intel and unlikely to change for a few years.