DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Silver is the next big WSB bet - Begins next week 1st Feb 2021 @ $25

deathfunk

Much bigger than GME and could blow up major banks. Even if you don't buy into the unwriitten WSB manifesto then it's also pretty cheap currently and not a bad diversification and backstop if you operate a balanced portfolio.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nirvana

• deathfunk

• Noallegiance

• Errol

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mom I made my very first meme!

I forgot to post this: I went into Melbourne for the first time in a long while recently.  Went into a bullion dealer just to see what prices were like. well, everything was 15% above spot minimu

Posted Images

Sasquatch

Being totally honest, although I could get some pretty mad gainz from all of this craziness, I'd much rather the silver market plodded along slowly for a few years before any potential parabolic rises. I'm invested quite heavily in this metal (mainly through our Ltd Co) and it's all quite unsettling. I'm not ready yet!!

• Agree 2
Hardhat

I'm long silver / gold for a lot of reasons, but did take some profits in the summer run-up. Have re-invested those now.

I've bought some Merian Gold & Silver to add to holdings I already have in FRES, GDGB, GJGB.

I personally don't think WSB can really orchestrate a PM bull on their own, but it can't hurt to have some extra exposure just in case they do. That said, I'm very happy to be overweight in PMs in my portfolio in general.

• Agree 3
deathfunk

Courtesy of @BearyBear on the GME. The pump is on First Majestic - AG. Up 33% in pre-market.

No doubt it will flow out from here. But it's definitely ON!

Hardhat

Nice. I don't have a W-8 BEN completed to buy US equities directly, I hope that my fund order on Merian completes before the major pump on this.

Need to get that W-8 BEN sorted so I can gamble my hard earned money more effectively.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
Heart's Ease

I know we've mentioned max keiser doing his - buy silver crash JPM all those years ago - he's got a big reach and has plenty of bitcoin holders/hodlers in his ambit.  Interesting to watch! 

Absolutely not advice, dyor etc - longer piece from The Last Degree.

• Agree 1
BearyBear

Wow, silver & gold takes off... I'm glad I've bought ETFS Physical Silver this morning, hope they won't go bust :D 

Edited by BearyBear
  • Agree 1
JoeDavola

What trading platform do you UK based folks use for this?

I fancy a punt.  At levels I can afford to lose of course.

• Agree 1
BearyBear
1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

What trading platform do you UK based folks use for this?

I fancy a punt.  At levels I can afford to lose of course.

I use IG for plain shares, CMC for leveraged bets.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
invalid

The cats out of the bag, if you going to take a punt then now is the time. Although I very much doubt this will be anywhere near as effective as the Gamestop play, if at all. Still, if enough people get on board off the back of WSB....

I'm taking a punt on Fresnillio.

Not advice or ramping, this is purely taking a punt!

Joe - Trading212 might suit you. Fractional shares and no commission are handy if dealing in low numbers.

• Agree 2
Noallegiance

Fuck it.

I've just stuck a bullseye on Fortuna, Hecla and First Majestic.

Now I am sitting on my sofa with a G&T waiting for 14:30!

• Agree 3
JoeDavola
19 minutes ago, invalid said:

Joe - Trading212 might suit you. Fractional shares and no commission are handy if dealing in low numbers.

.....not right now it wont:

image.thumb.png.56114fa4728da07748a62770e812ef5f.png

• Informative 1
  • Lol 1
Popuplights
6 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Fuck it.

I've just stuck a bullseye on Fortuna, Hecla and First Majestic.

Now I am sitting on my sofa with a G&T waiting for 14:30!

I've just bought 49 first majestic. I shall be round to see you if they now tank.....🤪

Noallegiance
Just now, Popuplights said:

I've just bought 49 first majestic. I shall be round to see you if they now tank.....🤪

xD

Yadda yadda yadda
6 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

.....not right now it wont:

image.thumb.png.56114fa4728da07748a62770e812ef5f.png

Wow! I use them for my little punts.

There is another called freetrade but I don't know them well enough to recommend.

Heart's Ease
4 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

There is another called freetrade but I don't know them well enough to recommend.

I use freetrade. Good for me.

Yadda yadda yadda
2 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

To be fair to T212 they are struggling to maintain service to people like me who have been loyal customers for almost four months now.

• Lol 2
BearyBear

What happened to First Majestic, is the trading halted..?

Edit: it is :) 

Edited by BearyBear
  • Agree 1
deathfunk

Big struggle getting in spot silver through IG at 2.30PM.

Took about three minutes to get me in, 50 odd red error messages, call us up. Which to me is the best indication that I'm buying the right thing.

Could be talking several hundreds of dollars here in the current insane market conditions.

Also the downside risk isn't really that bad. Maybe it halves to 13 again? Maybe. With WSB and the world watching it's unlikely. This is an insanely asymmetrical bet for my money. 

Noallegiance
Just now, Hardhat said:

Silverprice.org is struggling to load.

All eyes on silver.

Goldprice.org is currently FUBAR.